Out Of Town

I've been discussing this very same programme!

Loved it as a kid, wish something like it was on these days.

Who in this day and age could present it from modern day presenters?

I can't think of any, with the same passion, knowledge and experience.

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good

you and me bud.....loved it as a kid, iv'e tried to think of who could do a modern day version of...out of town, but it is hard to image anyone else doing it, because nothing is televised like this any more.....some things live and die with that person,

do you think the fisherman...john wilson could do it?

that video you posted...i remember it well, just like it was yesterday....... :laugh:

Tilly,the opening scene in Jeremy Wades River Monsters is filmed in his mates shed,john wilson has retired to thailand and makes good money doing fishing tours nowadays,he is looking his age (arent we all)and doesnt do much tv,stateside theres loads of hunting and fishing on TV,its more acceptable,times are changing.

yes mate your right about john wilson, he was just a guy who came to mind that could probably stand alone on what he's doing....as for jeremy wade, i couldn't take to him, i feel he always drama's everything, he gets on my nerves a bit TBH, yeah..i do watch a lot of the hunting/fishing here...but it's not the same without old jack............ :cray: ................ :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Jack Hargreaves sitting in his shed, all decked out with fishing gear, rabbiting gear, puffing away on his pipe, i loved this   program as a kid, i can remember hearing the theme song start pla

TC

The 80s was a time before political correctness reared its ugly head Jack Hargreaves was a master at keeping you interested on country matters, unmissable on my part that guy knew his stuff. Jacks gam

Got all the Out of towns on DVD ,still enjoy them from time to time .

Never heard or seen of this but it seems like my tyoe of program....u doin a copy fella?

it was a brilliant program.....basically, this older bloke (Jack Hargreaves) sits in his shed smoking his pipe, talking about hunting/fishing, and shows footage of it, and amongst other things....it's a good watch.
thats you now over in Canada
  • Like 1

The 80s was a time before political correctness reared its ugly head Jack Hargreaves was a master at keeping you interested on country matters, unmissable on my part that guy knew his stuff. Jacks game was another entertaining programme, jack charlton this time, just watched the hare one in the series of jacks game, about beagling it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when i heard those hounds, and made me realise something is missing in my life something i took for granted in those days, and something that i would love to see reinstated. Beagling was for my part the best form of hound work'

• Like 5

Who better to make a series than thl members.....we have so many good people on here who have brilliant skills...from knives making to breeding British birds...

I know a wanna be film maker who makes some cracking short films...guess we would need to pay him though

Anyone with and film making skills on here?

SeanC's your man for filming

Got all the Out of towns on DVD ,still enjoy them from time to time .

Never heard or seen of this but it seems like my tyoe of program....u doin a copy fella?

it was a brilliant program.....basically, this older bloke (Jack Hargreaves) sits in his shed smoking his pipe, talking about hunting/fishing, and shows footage of it, and amongst other things....it's a good watch.
thats you now over in Canada

alright Lenny, iv'e got the pipe, and the shed.....haven't quite matched his age yet....... :laugh:

• Like 2

Out Of Town could never be repeated in the same format, as most of his reminisces were about pre war rural England. There are not many alive today that would be able to present such a program. That said, such a program that honestly dealt with the balances that need to be kept in the countryside today could do nothing but good IMHO.

Edited to add: Nothing like the countryfile program I said an honest view.

TC

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 2

I've been discussing this very same programme!

Loved it as a kid, wish something like it was on these days.

Who in this day and age could present it from modern day presenters?

I can't think of any, with the same passion, knowledge and experience.

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good

you and me bud.....loved it as a kid, iv'e tried to think of who could do a modern day version of...out of town, but it is hard to image anyone else doing it, because nothing is televised like this any more.....some things live and die with that person,

do you think the fisherman...john wilson could do it?

that video you posted...i remember it well, just like it was yesterday....... :laugh:

Tilly,the opening scene in Jeremy Wades River Monsters is filmed in his mates shed,john wilson has retired to thailand and makes good money doing fishing tours nowadays,he is looking his age (arent we all)and doesnt do much tv,stateside theres loads of hunting and fishing on TV,its more acceptable,times are changing.

yes mate your right about john wilson, he was just a guy who came to mind that could probably stand alone on what he's doing....as for jeremy wade, i couldn't take to him, i feel he always drama's everything, he gets on my nerves a bit TBH, yeah..i do watch a lot of the hunting/fishing here...but it's not the same without old jack............ :cray: ................ :laugh:

Did you see josh bowmar kill the bear with the spear in alberta tilly?Underarmour have just pulled his wifes sponsorship and the state has rushed through laws to make spear hunting illegal,has it been on TV there?

I think phil llyod would make a great presenter on a progamme like out of town.he comes across very natural and .he has done it all and more and is at it a long time at the hunting game and is very well thought of.

• Like 1