Out Of Town

Iv got a box set here some where. I'll dig em and see if someone wants em

I would like the dido and willing to pay for delivery and then pass on once watched. Sounds like my kind of program.

Sounds like a plan, I'll send em you if you can offer em up once you have finished.

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Jack Hargreaves sitting in his shed, all decked out with fishing gear, rabbiting gear, puffing away on his pipe, i loved this   program as a kid, i can remember hearing the theme song start pla

TC

The 80s was a time before political correctness reared its ugly head Jack Hargreaves was a master at keeping you interested on country matters, unmissable on my part that guy knew his stuff. Jacks gam

Who better to make a series than thl members.....we have so many good people on here who have brilliant skills...from knives making to breeding British birds...

I know a wanna be film maker who makes some cracking short films...guess we would need to pay him though

Anyone with and film making skills on here?

• Like 5

Loved it , tillylamp I can relate to everything your saying . . Didn't he take some old boy fishing on his 100th birthday ??

Yes he did and the old boy fell asleep. They woke him when he had a bite and let him catch it. I've got them all and watch them now and then. Normally on on a Sunday after The Big Match I think? Making cider was a good one. I bet they were pissed at the end of filming. A bygone era gone forever but at least we can watch it when we like. I wouldn't mind getting hold of "Clarrissa and the Countryman" series but believe it's virtually impossible?
I wouldn't mind clarissa and the countryman too if anyone has it knocking around?

Who better to make a series than thl members.....we have so many good people on here who have brilliant skills...from knives making to breeding British birds...

I know a wanna be film maker who makes some cracking short films...guess we would need to pay him though

Anyone with and film making skills on here?

REW I think done a few videos, bit of fishing etc

Edit,

Found one.

Edited by Columbo

Loved it , tillylamp I can relate to everything your saying . . Didn't he take some old boy fishing on his 100th birthday ??

:yes:

TC

When I watch this I feel quite emotional for the old guy. And Jacks understated words at the end....perfect?

• Like 1

I've been discussing this very same programme!

Loved it as a kid, wish something like it was on these days.

Who in this day and age could present it from modern day presenters?

I can't think of any, with the same passion, knowledge and experience.

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good

you and me bud.....loved it as a kid, iv'e tried to think of who could do a modern day version of...out of town, but it is hard to image anyone else doing it, because nothing is televised like this any more.....some things live and die with that person,

do you think the fisherman...john wilson could do it?

that video you posted...i remember it well, just like it was yesterday....... :laugh:

Tilly,the opening scene in Jeremy Wades River Monsters is filmed in his mates shed,john wilson has retired to thailand and makes good money doing fishing tours nowadays,he is looking his age (arent we all)and doesnt do much tv,stateside theres loads of hunting and fishing on TV,its more acceptable,times are changing.
  • Like 1

When they came to Wales I know the two people they went out with, Ade Williams is the chairman of The hawking Club, bald head and beard, nice chap and knows how to talk a good job. Been out with him quite a few times ferreting for the Hawking club on field meets.

The last meet I ferreted for them we were walking past a warren and he had his black and white GWP with him the dog would only work pheasants and would ignore rabbits, anyhow the warren looked like it could be occupied to me, something about the steaming $hit at the entrance, that no one else seemed to notice, give it away. :laugh: There was a definite run from the warren to the nearest cover a bramble patch about 50 yards away. So I placed the chap who's turn it was to fly his male HH where I thought he would get the best flight, put the ferret in and within a couple of minutes we had a bolt and sure enough the rabbit ran along the run towards the bramble patch. It would have be great if the MHH had caught but he just missed it. Every warren after that he asked me is there something at home. :laugh:

TC

• Like 2

When they came to Wales I know the two people they went out with, Ade Williams is the chairman of The hawking Club, bald head and beard, nice chap and knows how to talk a good job. Been out with him quite a few times ferreting for the Hawking club on field meets.

The last meet I ferreted for them we were walking past a warren and he had his black and white GWP with him the dog would only work pheasants and would ignore rabbits, anyhow the warren looked like it could be occupied to me, something about the steaming $hit at the entrance, that no one else seemed to notice, give it away. :laugh: There was a definite run from the warren to the nearest cover a bramble patch about 50 yards away. So I placed the chap who's turn it was to fly his male HH where I thought he would get the best flight, put the ferret in and within a couple of minutes we had a bolt and sure enough the rabbit ran along the run towards the bramble patch. It would have be great if the MHH had caught but he just missed it. Every warren after that he asked me is there something at home. :laugh:

TC

Nice one tiercel you cant buy experience :thumbs:

Memories of the show for me was Jack coarse fishing and noticed movement from a pike so put on a roach and put it out.

Hooked the pike and used a gaff to land it before putting it back.

Compared a pigeon shooter in a hide to a machine gunner on a WW11 war plane, in that he had to keep his head going continuously from left to right.

He called a terrier cross whippet a "coney dog".

And my favourite was he comparing the newcomer to the countryside to the old woman who had to walk 2 miles for a bus.

I was a big fan, LOL.

• Like 2