Out Of Town

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Jack Hargreaves sitting in his shed, all decked out with fishing gear, rabbiting gear, puffing away on his pipe, i loved this   program as a kid, i can remember hearing the theme song start pla

TC

The 80s was a time before political correctness reared its ugly head Jack Hargreaves was a master at keeping you interested on country matters, unmissable on my part that guy knew his stuff. Jacks gam

I've been discussing this very same programme!

Loved it as a kid, wish something like it was on these days.

Who in this day and age could present it from modern day presenters?

I can't think of any, with the same passion, knowledge and experience.

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good

you and me bud.....loved it as a kid, iv'e tried to think of who could do a modern day version of...out of town, but it is hard to image anyone else doing it, because nothing is televised like this any more.....some things live and die with that person,

do you think the fisherman...john wilson could do it?

that video you posted...i remember it well, just like it was yesterday....... :laugh:

Tilly,the opening scene in Jeremy Wades River Monsters is filmed in his mates shed,john wilson has retired to thailand and makes good money doing fishing tours nowadays,he is looking his age (arent we all)and doesnt do much tv,stateside theres loads of hunting and fishing on TV,its more acceptable,times are changing.
yes mate your right about john wilson, he was just a guy who came to mind that could probably stand alone on what he's doing....as for jeremy wade, i couldn't take to him, i feel he always drama's everything, he gets on my nerves a bit TBH, yeah..i do watch a lot of the hunting/fishing here...but it's not the same without old jack............ :cray: ................ :laugh:
Did you see josh bowmar kill the bear with the spear in alberta tilly?Underarmour have just pulled his wifes sponsorship and the state has rushed through laws to make spear hunting illegal,has it been on TV there?

yes mate....it's all over the tv at the minute, he is in very hot water at the moment with the public in Alberta, he had a go pro on the spear and posted it on youtube, that's how it all came around, the law is being changed as we speak....if you watch the video, you can see, it's not the best way of hunting, and not the most humane way really, the bears guts had started to fall out of the wound before it died, that's not what i would consider hunting to be, he baited and speared it towards the end of the afternoon, but didn't bother to find it until the next morning, because it started to rain !!!, also...he said they had no back up with them, ie (guns etc) which i don't believe for one second, because you wouldn't go there unprepared,

i think the big difference between the British people and the Americans, even Canadians is....we shoot to kill, and they shoot to hit, as long as they hit the animal, they consider that they did a brilliant shot, they could really learn a lot from us, it was the whole guys attitude that got to the people here and the way he went about it, the public in general are very good with hunters here, just, this time it sparked them off,

• Like 2

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good

you and me bud.....loved it as a kid, iv'e tried to think of who could do a modern day version of...out of town, but it is hard to image anyone else doing it, because nothing is televised like this any more.....some things live and die with that person,

do you think the fisherman...john wilson could do it?

that video you posted...i remember it well, just like it was yesterday....... :laugh:

Tilly,the opening scene in Jeremy Wades River Monsters is filmed in his mates shed,john wilson has retired to thailand and makes good money doing fishing tours nowadays,he is looking his age (arent we all)and doesnt do much tv,stateside theres loads of hunting and fishing on TV,its more acceptable,times are changing.
yes mate your right about john wilson, he was just a guy who came to mind that could probably stand alone on what he's doing....as for jeremy wade, i couldn't take to him, i feel he always drama's everything, he gets on my nerves a bit TBH, yeah..i do watch a lot of the hunting/fishing here...but it's not the same without old jack............ :cray: ................ :laugh:
Did you see josh bowmar kill the bear with the spear in alberta tilly?Underarmour have just pulled his wifes sponsorship and the state has rushed through laws to make spear hunting illegal,has it been on TV there?

yes mate....it's all over the tv at the minute, he is in very hot water at the moment with the public in Alberta, he had a go pro on the spear and posted it on youtube, that's how it all came around, the law is being changed as we speak....if you watch the video, you can see, it's not the best way of hunting, and not the most humane way really, the bears guts had started to fall out of the wound before it died, that's not what i would consider hunting to be, he baited and speared it towards the end of the afternoon, but didn't bother to find it until the next morning, because it started to rain !!!, also...he said they had no back up with them, ie (guns etc) which i don't believe for one second, because you wouldn't go there unprepared,

i think the big difference between the British people and the Americans, even Canadians is....we shoot to kill, and they shoot to hit, as long as they hit the animal, they consider that they did a brilliant shot, they could really learn a lot from us, it was the whole guys attitude that got to the people here and the way he went about it, the public in general are very good with hunters here, just, this time it sparked them off,

I saw the hunt,thats a big old spear,i saw the gopro on the shaft,the spear smashed off as the bear span against trees,it was a primal hunt,man and spear against bear,but some things the public find distasteful,he should have kept it to himself.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my favourite episodes below, stuck with me for yrs,although they were all good ?

Countryfiles on, on a Sunday lol