Great Britain And The 80S

Ah skinheads, glue sniffing no job & yts. No peer pressure for wearing the latest trendy clothes and footwear. No pc tv even got to watch the miners getting their heads caved in by the cops on the tea time news. Even had a wee war with the argies. Downside was we did live under the threat of nuclear armageddon lol

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good times as a young kid I reckon makin dens playin out were ya want Bike rides then crossers n trail bikes on places that have now been built on, makin tarzis "rope swings" gettin into all sorts of

I good days and memories for me, 1958, out with the mates, a right rum lot, lurchers and terriers, we took everything up on them moors, had good hidings off gamekeepers, Anderson shelter in my back ya

Do kids still wear hand-me-downs? Swear every item of clothing I had as a kid had been worn by at least two cousins and one of my brothers before I got it!   We really were dirt fecking poor but wh

Posted Images

80,s haircuts, when I was in secondry school the fashion was to have just the back of your head permed. I asked my parents and my dad said a firm no ! But me being me I got one of my mates sister who was a hairdresser to do it for me, so there I was with a big flick at the front and a perm at the back and I thought I looked the dogs balls, even had a affro comb to curl my curls while sat in class lol
  • Like 2

I grew up on a large council estate and my dad on is money making Deals bought a job lot hair cutting stuff,the only hair cut he could do was a no 1 all the mothers would turn up with kids most crying their eyes out having their cut on our lawn,the kids called my dad the reaper,he charged 50 pence a cut he thought he was dell boy.

• Like 6

My dad got a job lot of pork scratchings that hadn't been salted...so he went to the butchers and got a full bucket of salt...all sat round licking em and dipping em in the salt!

Another time he was doing pest control in cadburys, he worked for British rail so he loaded a train up with chocolate...then got the driver to stop at the bottom of our field...unloaded all the chocolate over the railway fence....my mum had to do a dozen runs with the pram to get it into the house.

We eat well in them days but it was feast or famine lol

• Like 5

We had a Lucozade factory near us and as kids we used to sneak across the yard as there was skips and any crushed crates of drinks were just binned

Sometimes there'd be packs of 24 where only 1 or 2 cartons were crushed

The amount of times we had the shits from drinking to much orange or ribbena........couldn't believe the time we were waiting for it to get dark when one of the workers came out and through some cartons out......then the b*****d climbed up and pissed all over the skip

• Like 2

Anybody ever remember a kids programme called Why Don't You? used to be on in the holidays along with Champion The Wonder Horse

Yeah always seemed to be kids from northern ireland on it

Anybody else remember milk being delivered in square plastic bags for a while?

used to get a bottle of milk and a straw at school every day

Watch out watch out ther's a Humphry about. Remember the unigate adverts, in the 70's.

humph3_zpsmaeruyqe.gif

Used to love the Elvis films in the summer holidays when off school. Champion the wonder horse used to come on and remember I used to run straight to one of the arms on the couch as though I was riding it, to the theme song :laugh:

• Like 1

70s The old guy going around the streets sharpening knives

Rag and bone men collecting old clothes for goldfish

Old woman collecting silver paper.... I Still dont know why she did this

Making dutch arrows . Taking wasps nests out for the grubs for poaching

Sleeping in barns . Keeping birds of prey and flying them on the local football field

Shooting starlings and sparrows off roofs around the streets .

Catching mice alive in bottles and jars then giving them to the ferrets

• Like 2

My dad got a job lot of pork scratchings that hadn't been salted...so he went to the butchers and got a full bucket of salt...all sat round licking em and dipping em in the salt!

Another time he was doing pest control in cadburys, he worked for British rail so he loaded a train up with chocolate...then got the driver to stop at the bottom of our field...unloaded all the chocolate over the railway fence....my mum had to do a dozen runs with the pram to get it into the house.

We eat well in them days but it was feast or famine lol

I remeber waking up one day and the house was full of boxes of bar 6's, fook knows where they come fom ??? But they come from somewhere haha. That was in th 70's.

70s The old guy going around the streets sharpening knives

Rag and bone men collecting old clothes for goldfish

Old woman collecting silver paper.... I Still dont know why she did this

Making dutch arrows . Taking wasps nests out for the grubs for poaching

Sleeping in barns . Keeping birds of prey and flying them on the local football field

Shooting starlings and sparrows off roofs around the streets .

Catching mice alive in bottles and jars then giving them to the ferrets

Our rag man used to give us a bloon the tight tw@t. But we would be buzzing with it.