Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

We don't keep much at home now,...but,.. if I was to purchase a Guard dog,...it would be something like this....... :victory:

yhis DSC_0162.jpg

My bitch 1st time she ever saw the sleeve she hit it like a pro some people think it's easy to get a dog to bite a sleeve including myself and was wondering why my mate who bred her was so chuffed with her then when he showed another dog older then her that didn't want to know I understood what he meant

have u ever tried her on a hidden sleeve.

nah mate haven't got that far yet all I can say is she a clever bitch can read situations she's off two good guard dogs the father was used in trials and the line is good working stuff from Slovakia

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

We don't keep much at home now,...but,.. if I was to purchase a Guard dog,...it would be something like this....... :victory:

yhis DSC_0162.jpg

My bitch 1st time she ever saw the sleeve she hit it like a pro some people think it's easy to get a dog to bite a sleeve including myself and was wondering why my mate who bred her was so chuffed with her then when he showed another dog older then her that didn't want to know I understood what he meant

have u ever tried her on a hidden sleeve.
nah mate haven't got that far yet all I can say is she a clever bitch can read situations she's off two good guard dogs the father was used in trials and the line is good working stuff from Slovakia

i do like her to be honest theirs a lot of quality about her just by the way she carriers herself.the big shepard on the chain is everything i would try and avoid.

i do like her to be honest theirs a lot of quality about her just by the way she carriers herself.the big shepard on the chain is everything i would try and avoid.

:hmm: I'm not really experienced in guard dogs fellah,...so I cannot speak with any real authority on the subject,...but why would you avoid that GSD ?

He comes from exceptionally good lines,....as do all of the dogs kept on the place..... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Had a bulldog x shepherd years ago very wise and loyal dog no one was coming in past this dog , it was a accidental mating a neighbours shepherd wandered into my mates yard , would definitely take another as a yard dog

do you mean bulldog =apbt or a abd , either a gsd will had some guarding instinct to it , a pits norm friendly with people . Mind you my 1x gsd x grey Buck , he full on to his quarry , if he was the same to a person , he would deff wreak them, you got 85lb muscle and bone with powerful jaw clamping down on you .But he bloody strange dog he loves all people and good with other dogs, he must have picked up the greys temp, as he very sensitive and wimpy he like old Bryn both get up set easy, there nothing like my old bullxs they were chilled around the yard , and not sensitive like these herding types :yes:

:hmm: I'm not really experienced in guard dogs fellah,...so I cannot speak with any real authority on the subject,...but why would you avoid that GSD ?

He comes from exceptionally good lines,....as do all of the dogs kept on the place..... :thumbs:

looks a strong type Phil he looks like he's from the actual German stuff judging by his colour could be wrong though the darker stuff like mine goes back to Eastern European stuff I don't think there's much to beat a shepherd I know people who've imported loads of exotic types of guard dog proclaiming there this and that then before you know if there gone and they've got a shepherd
  • Like 1

I was never into shepherds but I had this bitch and she a great companion can be abit bulshy at times but over all very clever very obidient sharp as a knife doesn't miss a trick that's what made me take to her it's like having a person with you

• Like 1

Had a bulldog x shepherd years ago very wise and loyal dog no one was coming in past this dog , it was a accidental mating a neighbours shepherd wandered into my mates yard , would definitely take another as a yard dog

do you mean bulldog =apbt or a abd , either a gsd will had some guarding instinct to it , a pits norm friendly with people . Mind you my 1x gsd x grey Buck , he full on to his quarry , if he was the same to a person , he would deff wreak them, you got 85lb muscle and bone with powerful jaw clamping down on you .But he bloody strange dog he loves all people and good with other dogs, he must have picked up the greys temp, as he very sensitive and wimpy he like old Bryn both get up set easy, there nothing like my old bullxs they were chilled around the yard , and not sensitive like these herding types :yes:

I know of a bull bitch who's so whiney and needy it's untrue. Very much a people dog. Her litter brother is exactly the same

u should check out a dog from dublin called mosley on google type mrtruedogs all one word .i think he is dead now.woking bulldog x d shepard.theirs a few clips of him working.

Edited by stonewall

u should check out a dog from dublin called mosley on google type mrtruedogs all one word .i think he is dead now.woking bulldog x d shepard.

u should check out a dog from dublin called mosley on google type mrtruedogs all one word .i think he is dead now.woking bulldog x d shepard.

cheers for that. iam not any good at putting up clips.lads might be also interested in best attacks knpv championships 2016.i will hopfully get to this yrs championships.

cheers for that. iam not any good at putting up clips.lads might be also interested in best attacks knpv championships 2016.i will hopfully get to this yrs championships.

That one?

What did you mean you'd avoid that shepherd on the last page?

It looks like a nicely put together and strong animal to me.

What did you mean you'd avoid that shepherd on the last page?

It looks like a nicely put together and strong animal to me.

if he were a horse i would liken him too a very common half bred national hunt horse.if u look at any off thee ddr shepards i think their like chalk and cheese.thats just my opnion.