Triple G Vs Brook

This has all the ingredients for a proper tear up, both can box and are undefeated in 30 plus fights, GGG may have knock out power but so does Brook, everyone seems to forget it took GGG 11 rounds to beat a mediocre Matt Murray, if Brook can carry his speed and movement up through 2 different weight classes he's gonna cause him problems plus he's only going to get stronger with the added weight

• Like 1

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keepdiggin put that 100 into the Bradley fund will you mate please.......over on the thread Max started about the sick young lad.....cheers

Over the years I have read some strange opinions about boxing ,some absolute idiotic statements but saying Golovkin is all hype ,must be the silliest most ignorant one yet .

This will teach ol man Eubank to stop f****n around with his sons career !

Posted Images

It's a big opportunity for brook, but in my opinion a big mistake , as been discussed on here recently, moving up weights is a no win situation, but doing it against such a hard hitting opponent is mental, golovkin hits like a steam train, hopefully brook comes out of this well at the end

• Like 2

Excatly pal

I reckon Brook walks around closer to the weight of GGG than Khan does to Canelo...

I heard GGG wanted no part of Ward either, saying that you don't have to move up divisions to be an ATG, Hagler showed that but GGG is pushing 35 and he hasn't fought anyone yet....

• Like 1

People keep saying fair play to Brook for " taking the fight "......its like winning the lottery of course he,s going to take the fight......most fighters who are not expected to win get paid peanuts Brook is getting extremely well paid for a fight he is expected to lose its the position any fighter would love to be in.

• Like 1

People keep saying fair play to Brook for " taking the fight "......its like winning the lottery of course he,s going to take the fight......most fighters who are not expected to win get paid peanuts Brook is getting extremely well paid for a fight he is expected to lose its the position any fighter would love to be in.

I'd love to be in that position right now....

Whats the story with these catch weight fights? Ggg should be fighting canelo, an khan vs brooks jmho though

Canelo didnt want to know and niether did Khan...Brooks up for it and Glovkins happy to get it on...to be honest i can only see one outcome...but Brook has nothing to lose and a ton of money to make...if...and its a big if...Kell pulls it off it would be one of the biggest upsets in a British ring...them Eubanks are looking pretty f***ing stupid right now eh?...Jnr should make his old man take a backseat and get himself a new trainer while hes about it imo

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE
  • Like 2

Full blown middleweights can't live with GGG,the mans a wrecking machine no wonder he can't get anybody to fight him,even his mandatorys don't want to fight him.If he could have got the other belt holders to fight him he would have had all the belts a couple of year ago ( bet he regrets the step aside money he got to let Martinez fight Cotto ) I don't want to see Brook fight this GGG this could end badly,big money or not,this is not a good fight for Brook,had GGG been American he'd be a massive ppv fighter and should rightfully be the pound for pound no1 fighter in the World not that Canoyellow.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

This has all the ingredients for a proper tear up, both can box and are undefeated in 30 plus fights, GGG may have knock out power but so does Brook, everyone seems to forget it took GGG 11 rounds to beat a mediocre Matt Murray, if Brook can carry his speed and movement up through 2 different weight classes he's gonna cause him problems plus he's only going to get stronger with the added weight

martin murray isn't mediocre and on that night it was obvious he wasn't going to win from early on but he put up the fight of his life and nearly made it to the end. Plus if you watch ggg he is pretty confident in his chin walking forward onto middleweight so I don't think brook will trouble him too much power wise. Still though brooks a good fighter and the possibility of an upset can't be ruled out

Murray imo is mediocre he's not world class or an elite level fighter, he's lost all 3 of his world title challenges where a world class or elite level fighter would have won the first 2 , granted he got robbed of a draw in Argentina but that's not winning is it, Brook is a different kettle of fish he imo is a world class fighter soon to be in the elite level, when he went to America and schooled porter in his own back yard when everyone else wrote him off spoke volumes hence why he's had to fight bum mandatorys until this ggg fight, he's 1 of if not the hardest hitting welter out there and with a extra weight I can only see him getting stronger and his punching power increasing, I might be wrong and ggg might just walk through his shots but I can definitely see him causing him more trouble than people think

• Like 1

Murray drew with Sturm in Germany...got robbed in Argentina and lost in Abraham's backyard to a close split descision...not so much mediocre...more like bad luck... certainly no shame in losing to Golovkin...as time will tell

• Like 2

Murray drew with Sturm in Germany...got robbed in Argentina and lost in Abraham's backyard to a close split descision...not so much mediocre...more like bad luck... certainly no shame in losing to Golovkin...as time will tell

He lost in Germany to abraham with American officials which his team had asked for to stop any bad decisions so that takes bad luck out of the equation, the Sturm fight was a draw which isn't bad luck they were evenly matched and then some say he got a bad decision in Argentina so all in all 3 out of the 4 title fights bad luck had nothing to do with it, I'd say that was down to being a mediocre fighter who never took his chances when they arose

• 1 month later...