So long story short, I'm having a massive change of career, my wife has always dreamed of opening a traditional sweet shop and after years of crap working for the county council was off with stress before Christmas............ Anyway she's now gone part time as have I I'm knocking the pest control on the head and we've just signed a lease on a shop which I'm in the process of fitting out, we're also doing soaps, bath bombs, smellys and gifts and also a milkshake bar and luxury hot chocolate

We are in the process of ordering the sweets now and I think it's important to do things for the older generation also, so can all you older guys think back to sweets you used to get as kids but don't see around now so I can see if I can find a supplier

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sherbert lemons,sherbert strawberrys,cider apples,sweet peanuts,rhubarb and custard,wine gums,midget gems,jelly beans,cherry lips,chocolate limes,toffee rolls,american hard gums,blackcurrant liquorice

Well guys after lots of long days and hard work we opened yesterday at about 11.30 and have had our first full day today, to say we are pleased is an under statement, we knew we had to take £350 a day

Single fags

Posted Images

sherbert lemons,sherbert strawberrys,cider apples,sweet peanuts,rhubarb and custard,wine gums,midget gems,jelly beans,cherry lips,chocolate limes,toffee rolls,american hard gums,blackcurrant liquorice,jelly babies etc,etc Good luck

• Like 5

sherbert lemons,sherbert strawberrys,cider apples,sweet peanuts,rhubarb and custard,wine gums,midget gems,jelly beans,cherry lips,chocolate limes,toffee rolls,american hard gums,blackcurrant liquorice,jelly babies etc,etc Good luck

Yes cherry lips and sweet peanuts

sugar mice , chocolate mice ,those round things with sprinkles on ,Bon bons , cola cubes/pineapple chunks.

I used to love those little tool shaped chocolates the saw,hammer etc think they were 3 p? Could go In a shop with 10 p ,and come out clutching little white paper bag feeling like royalty .

If you decide to go online put details up ,my missus loves old fashioned sweets we buy our autistic lad a hamper every chricstmas ,as always stuck for what to buy him, little basket fill with raffia or something shredded then few sweets shrink wrapped then knock them out £20-30 .

Keep the pest control going until the shop takes off, something to fall back on. You cant beat a strawberry bonbon.

I have a big gardening contract, two full days a week that I'm keeping on, I will also keep doing all my local customers for moles and wasps I also need to get enough time for the smallholding, it's busy times for sure I've just cancelled my website but still getting a few calls

Your right it is a bit of a risk so good to have a buffer ?

• Like 1