When Do I Get The Freedom Feeling?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My neighbours ask me that all the time

The Freedom of Movement argument is just pro-EU people posturing. Junckers and Tusk are fortunate in that they don't have to face an electorate. The French, German, Spanish and Italian leaders do and

My neighbours ask me when I was leaving yesterday....haha

So we decided to exit the EU. Or at least much of England did. I note that the Leave campaigners have dropped their promise to spend £350 million a week on the NHS. They are also saying they won't put a cap on EU migrants. 'It was never about immigration' they say. Boris has been sacked for lying twice. Iain Duncam Smith , Boris Johnston and Michael Gove have all stated the NHS should be privatised. So we are all going to be poorer, the NHs will continue to be underfunded and possibly privatised ( the french and germans spend about 12% of GDP on healthcare-we are projected to spend around 8%) emigration will continue as before. So we've all been shafted, but at least we are 'free'. When do I get that freedom feeling? Anytime soon?

That feeling should arrive in September.or when ever your season starts.

• Like 1

I said before the referendum that it would be a good 10 or 15 years before the true positive effect starts to come through, where the voter is respected and not seen just as a cash generator.

There is 30+ years of very serious damage done to the national character, to true democracy, of not having your collective arse wiped every 5 minutes......all this damage won't take 12 months to repair.

It's bad and the intervening period will be used to rob everyone blind.

The referendum was a very, very small but crucial step towards putting things right IMHO

• Like 2

A bloke at work thought he was going to wake up Monday morning and the country be English people only. He said how busy the airports would be with them all going home ?????

He said it would be nice where he lives without all the Pakis. His face dropped when I said that us being in the EU has nothing to do with Asians, Indians or Pakistanis. He said he only voted to get them gone ?????

• Like 1

A bloke at work thought he was going to wake up Monday morning and the country be English people only. He said how busy the airports would be with them all going home

He said it would be nice where he lives without all the Pakis. His face dropped when I said that us being in the EU has nothing to do with Asians, Indians or Pakistanis. He said he only voted to get them gone

You work with max? :hmm:

• Like 3

A bloke at work thought he was going to wake up Monday morning and the country be English people only. He said how busy the airports would be with them all going home ?????

He said it would be nice where he lives without all the Pakis. His face dropped when I said that us being in the EU has nothing to do with Asians, Indians or Pakistanis. He said he only voted to get them gone ?????

Lol poor bloke

A bloke at work thought he was going to wake up Monday morning and the country be English people only. He said how busy the airports would be with them all going home

He said it would be nice where he lives without all the Pakis. His face dropped when I said that us being in the EU has nothing to do with Asians, Indians or Pakistanis. He said he only voted to get them gone

No but I do work with a bloke who thinks AJ was blowing in round 3 against Brezeale and put up a poor performance in general.

Oh no. Wait a minute. I don't. Nobody else has said that ?

No but I do work with a bloke who thinks AJ was blowing in round 3 against Brezeale and put up a poor performance in general.

Oh no. Wait a minute. I don't. Nobody else has said that

I used to think I'd never see anything more stupid than max's football analysis... Then he decided he was a boxing expert :laugh:

• Like 2

The Freedom of Movement argument is just pro-EU people posturing. Junckers and Tusk are fortunate in that they don't have to face an electorate. The French, German, Spanish and Italian leaders do and it is them who will make the decisions, not the EU. Freedom of movement as an obligation to trade with the EU is an ideology that will quickly be dropped when the reality of 200,000 German workers losing their jobs as a result of it being rejected kicks in. Already the American press are reporting that the UK is in the driving seat and that Merkel and Hollande amongst others are facing pressure to do a realistic deal from the industrial leaders in their own countries.

The UK import far more from the EU than they export to it. And UK > EU export are falling, not rising so they are less important every year. Germany, France, Spain & Italy economies rely on exports to the UK. They would go into recession without them so don't worry about having to cow-tow to EU rules any more. They will be history. If anything the UK could impose obligations on the EU in return for allowing them to access the UK market.

As for the NHS being privatised; that is for the government of the day to deal with. But don't rule it out as each successive government since John Major's has steadily eaten away at free NHS entitlements. The speed of this will depend on how the economy fares. If the savings from Brussels are as large as we believe then the pressure will be off privatisation.

• Like 5

I used to think I'd never see anything more stupid than max's football analysis... Then he decided he was a boxing expert :laugh:

Lol I never saw the football threads. Heard they were priceless though. Haha.

I don't know anything about football so I don't go on the threads ?

I don't know anything about football so I don't go on the threads

I know fukc all about football mate but I go on the threads for a fukcing good laugh ........

• Like 3

I don't know anything about football so I don't go on the threads ?

Neither does max but you can't keep him off them
  • Like 2

I felt my freedom at 5am on the morning of the referendum, as I have been a staunch opponent of the eu, since the Blair/brown traitor alliances signed the maestrict, Lisbon treaty,s and gave a raft of our rights over to the eu without a care for anyone's opinions other than there own, the ratchet clause they signed would have eventually seen us drawn closer and closer, until we were in the euro and totally governed by Brussels without ever having a say, this referendum started in 1993 for the likes of me, not six months ago, so another year or two to finalise a good exit is fine, i,m still feeling euphoric almost a week on

• Like 3

The Freedom of Movement argument is just pro-EU people posturing. Junckers and Tusk are fortunate in that they don't have to face an electorate. The French, German, Spanish and Italian leaders do and it is them who will make the decisions, not the EU. Freedom of movement as an obligation to trade with the EU is an ideology that will quickly be dropped when the reality of 200,000 German workers losing their jobs as a result of it being rejected kicks in. Already the American press are reporting that the UK is in the driving seat and that Merkel and Hollande amongst others are facing pressure to do a realistic deal from the industrial leaders in their own countries.

The UK import far more from the EU than they export to it. And UK > EU export are falling, not rising so they are less important every year. Germany, France, Spain & Italy economies rely on exports to the UK. They would go into recession without them so don't worry about having to cow-tow to EU rules any more. They will be history. If anything the UK could impose obligations on the EU in return for allowing them to access the UK market.

As for the NHS being privatised; that is for the government of the day to deal with. But don't rule it out as each successive government since John Major's has steadily eaten away at free NHS entitlements. The speed of this will depend on how the economy fares. If the savings from Brussels are as large as we believe then the pressure will be off privatisation.

Great post that :thumbs: