Roll On September 2 New Model Lamps

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just my opinion after 37 years of lamping of the DL100

The wife got me it mate, I'm f****d if she see's this lol.

Why don't you try a candle in a jam jar. And a handle for you.so you can climb over 5 bar gates with out burning your fingers.

Posted Images

There you go

Threw one of them in the bin last season.

One mans junk is another mans treasure and all that.

I had one of the older ones years back,decent in its day but they've nothing on modern lamps ,OK if your shed has no leccy
  • 2 months later...

Na I doubt I'd use anything smaller than the 150 tbh mate I'll have a look at one tho and see what I think, I got too many lamps as it is, everytime I even mention a lamp it a battery my wife just sighs haha lol

The 100 is a wider beam than the 150 mate. I don't know how it works? Suppose it's to do with the shape or angle of the reflector as opposed to just being about the diameter? I aren't sure.

Here's my 150...

9C8BC051-024A-4438-98A9-74F8EBD91B9B_zps

Here's the DL100...

A1BD52A3-0A9C-4214-A023-8EDA9B761E28_zps

That is interesting gaz I have the plr 500 which I assume is the same as the 150 lol. I just ordered the dl100 as I took the dog out for a spin a week or so ago and I am sure my eyes are going down hill as I struggled to keep a rabbit in the beam at the end of the 150 at one point the dog was actually running a different rabbit to me and took me ages to figure it out what the hell was going on :laugh: I think after not being out for a while the old eyes need tuning back in

I have an old Tracer 140 which I find much easier to keep things in the beam with

Na I doubt I'd use anything smaller than the 150 tbh mate I'll have a look at one tho and see what I think, I got too many lamps as it is, everytime I even mention a lamp it a battery my wife just sighs haha lol

The 100 is a wider beam than the 150 mate. I don't know how it works? Suppose it's to do with the shape or angle of the reflector as opposed to just being about the diameter? I aren't sure.

Here's my 150...

9C8BC051-024A-4438-98A9-74F8EBD91B9B_zps

Here's the DL100...

A1BD52A3-0A9C-4214-A023-8EDA9B761E28_zps

That is interesting gaz I have the plr 500 which I assume is the same as the 150 lol. I just ordered the dl100 as I took the dog out for a spin a week or so ago and I am sure my eyes are going down hill as I struggled to keep a rabbit in the beam at the end of the 150 at one point the dog was actually running a different rabbit to me and took me ages to figure it out what the hell was going on :laugh: I think after not being out for a while the old eyes need tuning back in

I have an old Tracer 140 which I find much easier to keep things in the beam with

It's mad how people will argue their preferred lamp is the best. You've gotta play around and see what you like, as you say above mate everybody's eyes are different, we lamp different ground and work different dogs. No one lamp is going to be the "go to" lamp for everyone.

I will be using the DL100 this winter and taking the 150 with me in rucksack as a backup.

I Lamped with the plr 500 most of last season ...there is no doubt it is well designed and a nice wee compact lamp without the coiled leed and battery pack ...but for me it's just not cutting it ....it's ok for stuff close by but anything out a bit it just doesn't pick stuff up especially since using thermal night vision you know stuff is there but unless it's looking at you I would be walking by stuff ...I also don't like the white beam if there is any moisture in the air you get a lot of glare .

I have rigged up the light force 240 and tracer battery back again

What's anyone else's thoughts on this

Edited by MIK
  • Like 2

I've never liked the big lamps ,

The 240 and blitz etc I find them cumbersome.

The 150 is great for bunny bashing ,there's a lamp d.Lloyd has that's about the size of a 170 and throws similar distance to a blitz ,not sure of the name .

But as said earlier try a few because everyone wants different things from a lamp.

• Like 2

Hi mik nothing will look good next to a good quality thermal camera but if you need more light better range best compact hand held at the moment is the 120 lamp I do it comes with battery in the handle and a lot cheeper than a blitz and battery pack if you lost it mate

I've never liked the big lamps ,

The 240 and blitz etc I find them cumbersome.

The 150 is great for bunny bashing ,there's a lamp d.Lloyd has that's about the size of a 170 and throws similar distance to a blitz ,not sure of the name .

But as said earlier try a few because everyone wants different things from a lamp.

Which lamp is this D Lloyd which roybo talks about above?