Great Week

Not wishing to piss on your chips, but even though you have what sounds like an idyllic lifestyle now, it has come at a price. You have had to conform to what is classed as the norm, for the last god knows how many years to earn the right to your idyllic life. I don't wish to sound like sour grapes, because I believe your an inspiration and you show what hard work and a dream can do. Was the cost was worth it in the end? Well it does sound like it to me. :thumbs:

TC

I don't think anybody would accuse me of conforming to the norm mate but I do take your point ;)

So, what a difference 18 months makes.......it's been absolutely glorious sunshine here, red hot.

I killed the pig this week and collected over a 100lb of meat on Friday, the boy loved looking round the slaughter house (little lads love a bit of gore!) and was eating my own pork that night.

I took 3 of my kids down to our other land this morning and we spent a few hours cutting out own turf into bricks......had a right laugh doing it.

We sat down for a break and all of my forest canopy is out and green, everything I could see was mine.

I'm sat now looking at the window at my sheep and lambs......my kids are smiling and happy playing with their horse, f***ing about with their chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, goats and rabbits.

18 months ago they would have been stuck in, breathing in petrol fumes, having a trip to the supermarket.

Now they are free as birds.

I'm a very lucky dude.

Bit random but thought "what the f**k, let's write something cheerful for a change"

Can't beat it mate I'm bringing my kids up on a smallholding. A beautiful childhood crack on?

Not as far as you but i moved to somerset in a little villlage about twelve yr ago pub either end post office/shop in the middle ,to be honest i,d never move back the missus struggled proper for the first 4 or 5 yr but all good now....good luck

• Like 1

I think its great what Wilf has done it must take some bollocks to up sticks and move somewhere so vastly different to what you know when you have the pressures that go with having a young family.....some of us dont get the mature head on till its too late but living in a far nicer place now than where i grew up im glad it happened this way round rather than growing up in the country then moving to a city.....it just all happened a bit too late for me so fair play for standing up and making yourself count when it mattered.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Nice one WILF. Thats the way kids should be brought up IMO. Ive moved to sticks for the same reason. Still have a full time normal job but surrounded by fields when I come home. The dream may be getting a little closer aswell, I was talking to one of the locals on Saturday about leasing a field from him. The field is infront of my house, a couple of paddocks away but I can see it from kitchen, lounge, bedrooms etc. Plan is to get some pigs and goats...then I saw the price of goats! might just be pigs for now. Im also hoping to lease the field at the side of my house but thatll be for little un for a horse. I wont ever move over fully to smallholding/farming but can see it happening in tandem.

When people come to our house they always say your lucky to live here and they always get same response...No we are not, there has been no luck about it just hard work and a vision. We have earned everythign we have got and dont expect that to change anytime soon. Makes you appreciate it more when you have had to graft for it.

• Like 2

When people come to our house they always say your lucky to live here and they always get same response...No we are not, there has been no luck about it just hard work and a vision. We have earned everythign we have got and dont expect that to change anytime soon. Makes you appreciate it more when you have had to graft for it.

Work will set you free, im sure ive read that somewhere before.

• 5 months later...