Thl So Called Experts .....

No but you do from find to time post on football threads don't you ?

That's a topic you admit you have know knowledge of or interest.

So why even comment ?

Max there's a difference in adding an off the cuff comment to actively participating in a thread ......

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it that this site attracts so many self professed experts ... I can't understand the logic of some people that clearly know nothing about a subject but prattle on and argue with folk that are c

You get know alls everywhere in life, it's just one of those things so of course they are going to pop up on here...   ....but on the whole I think thl has a group of people with so a knowledge in s

Safest thing on here,..or indeed,..anywhere in the real world,.is to only comment on what you know..It never pays to try and be, something or someone, that you're not,..it always ends in tears

Posted Images

And Socks why do you think certain folk seem to agree with one another on everything no matter what?

Does that happen max ? Or do folk agree with the people who know what their talking about and not with people who think they know what their talking about .......

I was just thinking of commenting on a thread about londoners but I have only been to London once in my life.

(discounting two marches)

went to the science museum, a pub and a curry house, got pissed, stayed at a mates flat. rode about on the tube a bit and went home the next day, spent two days picking black bogeys out of my nose afterwards.

anyway I have watched a couple of episodes of Eastenders, a few of the aoorentice, some bingo adverts with Barbara Windsor on them, a football hooligan film and that new film about the Krays so I reckon by now I am pretty much an expert.

but now having read this I am worried that if I do post people will think I don't have a clue and it's making me all self conscious.

but does that mean I am agreeing with Socks in a way? does that make me a bum licker? will I have Socks and Max ganging up on me?

arrrrrgggghhhh it's blowing my mind!

I hope I don't have to take it off line, I mean I have watched a few Rocky movies and that cage fighting one with Tom Hardy so i'm pretty handy with my fists, and I watched "Pumping Iron" so I know how to train if needs be.

• Like 7

You get know alls everywhere in life, it's just one of those things so of course they are going to pop up on here...

....but on the whole I think thl has a group of people with so a knowledge in so many areas....where else could you ask any question from steroid cycles to fecking growing giant leeks and get so in depth knowledge, and on so many subjects an offer of help.

Iv said it before and I'll say it again, yes there is some divs on here but on the whole thl contains the biggest collection of absolute legends and gentlemen aswell.

• Like 15

You get it all on here like in day to day life .

Theres people on here i know of that no one would touch / lamp local to them with because their sly, thieving b*****ds, who think its great fun trying to f**k blokes dogs up on lamp etc etc but seem to be everyone best friend on here from a miles from them and only know them through the THL and lamp with a lot of different folk i see

Then theres the legend dogs, dogs that have been made legends, even people asking about using them for stud on the strength of whats written on here here when in fact when seen by a mate their just at best very average .

But thats life like i say , and for all the down sides of this site, this site keeps me going when im away working .

Edited by DEERMAN
  • Like 4

Socks has got to be Dougal ( sweet tooth )

Who could be Zebadee :)

Dylan :)

Tuffy definatley Flappy lol

You will regret saying tuffty max.

Prepare yourself for a fun filled morning lol.

• Like 1

I think there is folk on here who just like to disagree with things even more so when it's someone they don't get along with too much, max and gnash both seem to do that a lot and could be the reason they clash so much, more so when it comes to boxing or football. Gnash and a couple others seem to know so much about boxing where as max I get the feeling you just seem to repeat things you have heard or seen else where sorry if I'm wrong bud. Max obviously knows a great deal about greyhounds and that comes through on here when you read his posts. Football can be pure blind passion where no matter what your always going to defend and never be negative about the team you love, let's just remember lads this is only the Internet and a bit of banter

• Like 3

Katchum I praise you for having the balls to say direct what the poster wanted to say to stroke some of his cyber mates egos :)

Max if I wanted to say you are a prick I would say you are a prick I don't need to make up a thread to pretend to say something or not as the case may be and I definitely don't have cyber mates ... I started this thread after Leicester winning the premiership last night and they played a montage of so called experts and pundits slagging them off at the start of the season ... So it got me thinking how many on here had claimed or predicted or talked about things that were fals didn't happen or was incorrect ... See the connection max ..........

I think there is folk on here who just like to disagree with things even more so when it's someone they don't get along with too much, max and gnash both seem to do that a lot and could be the reason they clash so much, more so when it comes to boxing or football. Gnash and a couple others seem to know so much about boxing where as max I get the feeling you just seem to repeat things you have heard or seen else where sorry if I'm wrong bud. Max obviously knows a great deal about greyhounds and that comes through on here when you read his posts. Football can be pure blind passion where no matter what your always going to defend and never be negative about the team you love, let's just remember lads this is only the Internet and a bit of banter

To some folk this is much much more than a bit of banter it's life to some. they are totally obsessed with the site.lol

• Like 2

its interesting to read peoples thoughts on this thread.

i think its always better to take folk at face value rather than make your mind up about folk from what they write on her. having said that there is just folk that you cant seem to take to full stop weather its on here or face to face but thats just good old day to day life.

• Like 1

Animals bring out the worst in people, you always get people who are experts in 5 minutes and are actually just spouting other peoples information off sites like this and magazines. See it all the time, one minute someone is introducing themselves and their first spaniel, lurcher, terrier asking if you really need to feed it every day and why it isnt fully trained at 18 weeks old and then 6 months later they are dishing out tips and tricks like an old pro.

Gundogs is more my thing and many a time I sit at a meet listening to some expert trainer to find out on the first drive that he is picking up with one 18 month old cocker spaniel (usually their first dog) and i do wonder where the expertise comes from ........... even more so when it comes time to control said dog! Then you hear the good old, one dog does just as good a job as 4/5 rubbish.

On the internet its even worse because you never have to back it up with fact so the experts develops even more quickly.

Personally i would never call someone out on this (seems to be a slightly different mindset from some on here, which is fair enough) because i just sort of listen and have a laugh to myself but i do wonder what a beginner might think when confronted with someone who seems to know their stuff, do they believe it because they don't know any better?

• Like 4