when your feeling a bit low, a bit miserable about things, what do you do to boost your mood and take you to that happy place............my biggest lift is listing to music which instantly makes me feel happy, and also going fishing, sea/fresh water,

whats your mood boost that mellows you?

Various, last year was a tough one and exercise really helped me to boost moral. But normally just stretching the legs with a dog seems to do it, specially if you know theirs a bit of game to be had Been a long grey wet winter over here & felt like I was lacking energy from the sun, mentioned it in the chemists and got some vitamin D which within a couple of days seemed to give me a boost to get going. Plenty of daylight now plus the days are longer so dont feel the need for it.

• Like 2

Ive had 9mths of no release from stress at all & i have so much catching up to do, this weekend i am looking forward to a walk around the lake and a hour or so at local swimming pool enjoying the sauna and steamroom... Will see how it goes then and if im able for martial arts or a weekend wild camping in another month or so

Only two things really make me happy in this world.my kids and dogs..just a good mooch with the mutts in the middle of no were does wonders for my mind. Away from the real would and all the c**ts in it for a few hour..bliss...then boom..back to secitey....

• Like 4

Only two things really make me happy in this world.my kids and dogs..just a good mooch with the mutts in the middle of no were does wonders for my mind. Away from the real would and all the c**ts in it for a few hour..bliss...then boom..back to secitey....

Get out for a few weekends wild camping mate with the kids.cant beat sitting around a campfire kids cooking marshmallows and the kettle whistling away.thats better than any drug or alcohol ever invented.

• Like 2

Figure a plan out, clarity and direction usually solves the cause of the problem. Doing something productive, anything, just makes me feel like I'm moving forward, not getting swallowed by whatever shit is grinding me down.

To be honest, I'm more often just a grumpy twat than depressed. LOL

The countryside and the gym are two great outlets.

• Like 4

Ive had 9mths of no release from stress at all & i have so much catching up to do, this weekend i am looking forward to a walk around the lake and a hour or so at local swimming pool enjoying the sauna and steamroom... Will see how it goes then and if im able for martial arts or a weekend wild camping in another month or so

9 months of no release :hmm: ,it's a tad different lass to when your living with a pregnant lady than being the pregnant lady :thumbs: .. :laugh:

Usually headphones for me BUT

Go out and sit with the animals, let dogs, pigs the lot out!

watch the chickens poking around the grass and birds whistling away in trees - cup of coffee and a wee smoke.

Bliss!

• Like 3

I dont have mood swings,very very rare i feel down unless one of my kids isnt doing so good at school,if thats the case i just walk along the river,sit on one of the benches and watch the water swirl and eddy.Its a mood lifter,atmospheric.

• Like 2

I dont have mood swings,very very rare i feel down unless one of my kids isnt doing so good at school,if thats the case i just walk along the river,sit on one of the benches and watch the water swirl and eddy.Its a mood lifter,atmospheric.

There's something about moving water I could sit down the weir all day just watching it. Edited by kanny
  • Like 3