Whippet Bull First Cross?

This is my pup the other day he's 5 months and about 19 tts atm, just want the pics to see if he's any way similar , something to compare to

image_zpscrq2vfaz.jpeg

Shaping up into a fine animal pal, looks better and better in every pic you post :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very under rated dogs imo are the bull x whippet's

Bred a litter a good few years ago out of a Mike Brown bred whippet to a very well bred bull bitch I owned.It was exactly the same time that JP was breeding his first litter of pocket rockets.To be ho

This is a bull whippet with a touch of kelpie, not thick set pretty racey. Defiantly got the whippet take off

Posted Images

That's quite a statment but you obviously know what your talking about and all bull whippets ?

Tallywacker s got serious hangups bout bullxwhip,he cannot believe they do most tasks.h ell even tell you your dog isn't as tall as you state.tells us tallywacker how you been mentally scarred by these bullwhips.?
Qbgrey Iv seen many of these bull/whips on a nite/day out after lads have bigged them up, and all were found wanting, but the worst of them I seen was direct out of jps Leo who was well know for being a bag of sh*t and is also the sire to yr own super dog.. Lol
  • Like 2

Never said mines. Super dog pal,does good for what I use him for.is it the best dog ivd owned,,? No it isn't,i judge a Dog on the dog not who bred it.i use my lurchers alot differently to the normal tasks required.what cross do u run mate?

That's quite a statment but you obviously know what your talking about and all bull whippets ?

Tallywacker s got serious hangups bout bullxwhip,he cannot believe they do most tasks.h ell even tell you your dog isn't as tall as you state.tells us tallywacker how you been mentally scarred by these bullwhips.?
Qbgrey Iv seen many of these bull/whips on a nite/day out after lads have bigged them up, and all were found wanting, but the worst of them I seen was direct out of jps Leo who was well know for being a bag of sh*t and is also the sire to yr own super dog.. Lol
I know you're not claiming to be an authority on bullxwhippets tally, but from this and previous posts, if you really have seen that many bullxwhippets work, obviously from more than 1 bloodline so as that u could form an informed opinion on the x. You really should write a book on how bad these little dogs are and save us poor mugs alot of time money and effort.
  • Like 2

Me personally love the traits both breeds carry( game bred and tested p.b.t and working bred whippet)To me, a greyhound is, 1 step backwards to take many fast steps forward.i think it's fair to say.. It's the working bred animal the hound is bred to that carries many of the working traits needed for field work, whereas the whippet brings his own charms to the mix. And for most, that is a fair trade. I've said it before on here.. Nowhere in a greyhounds lineage will you find dogs bred for nose, intelligence trainability or heart . but the greyhound has speed prey drive and size to offer. As said earlier, a fair trade off for some. Not for me and the ground I hunt. Each man to his own

• Like 4

A good Bull whippet does punch well above his weight but...

As said before what do they excel at single handed ?

fair question. In my opinion. A first x bred from the right gear should be a handy sized companion for a terrier man. It should be able to smash and follow fox at speed through cover. In some cases.. They have been known to go to ground in big spots and hold game till dug too( admittedly not a good trait or a running dog enthusiast) but each their own. Can make a handy dog on lamp for rabbit and fox( not saying their are not better x,s for this), work thick cover and flush to rest of pack. A handy sized ferret dog that could also be brought out for some harder graft day or night. I suppose not really ever gonna be a world beater but I think there has to be a reason why so many people that own them are pleased with them, and I think it would be unfair to say it's cause they are easily pleased. I know a couple of lads that would not feed half the dogs people run on this site that wouldn't swap their little hard hitters for the world
  • Like 1

A good Bull whippet does punch well above his weight but...

As said before what do they excel at single handed ?

fair question. In my opinion. A first x bred from the right gear should be a handy sized companion for a terrier man. It should be able to smash and follow fox at speed through cover. In some cases.. They have been known to go to ground in big spots and hold game till dug too( admittedly not a good trait or a running dog enthusiast) but each their own. Can make a handy dog on lamp for rabbit and fox( not saying their are not better x,s for this), work thick cover and flush to rest of pack. A handy sized ferret dog that could also be brought out for some harder graft day or night. I suppose not really ever gonna be a world beater but I think there has to be a reason why so many people that own them are pleased with them, and I think it would be unfair to say it's cause they are easily pleased. I know a couple of lads that would not feed half the dogs people run on this site that wouldn't swap their little hard hitters for the world

Not really much to add to that brenner and good overall write up I reckon. Personally I like the fact that the ones I have can and will turn the hand to most situations and get on with it. Plus I like the size, I personally am not to over keen on huge bull x's. Far to obvious ( imo ) your not just rabbiting / ratting. Nothing wrong with that and I know a good few lads with big dogs but each to their own. It also depends on what you want a dog for. Do you go out to have a world beater and get 1000 kills a night or just an honest companion that will do what you ask and get out and have some fun with ?

Edited by blackstaff
  • Like 3

For me ,I like a steady dog,not a point n fire vets dream.i was unsure At what I'd done by booking a JP bred dog.but I will say as I find,and my dog here is fine for me.hes 23 tts so not small.only prob I'd he's got poor feet.probably the reason I've been fighting with the idea of breeding from him.but in the end I'm not do am hopefully getting another bullx grey in.mg bullxwhip will course vermin threw a flock of lambs,cows,lamas,horse without a prob.will ferret,track wounded vermin by sight,scent,hearing , retrieve pheasants on shoot,and beat out birds on shoot by staying close,not running forward,lamps,etc.comes in release pen and will not touch birds....how can I slate the dog.?

• Like 1

Problem Iv noticed with bull whips is the amount of lads that own them that lie about what they've done or big up their capabilities when they get compared to bull greys or bigger lurchers in general.

And the biggest fibber was the bloke who bred the most.
  • Like 2