Whippet Bull First Cross?

I watched a cracking little first cross work back end of last season. He was keen dog with massive heart but he struggle to finish, but very exciting dog and would have a go at anything . Depends how seriously you take the dogs can't beat them for good fun and excitement. But I'm of the impression a good big un beats a good little un.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very under rated dogs imo are the bull x whippet's

Bred a litter a good few years ago out of a Mike Brown bred whippet to a very well bred bull bitch I owned.It was exactly the same time that JP was breeding his first litter of pocket rockets.To be ho

This is a bull whippet with a touch of kelpie, not thick set pretty racey. Defiantly got the whippet take off

Posted Images

its just my thoughts but the heavier terrier crosses need to be real fit to perform at there best. if my old dog carried any weight it made him sluggish. on the few occasions i had him right it really showed. this i recon is one of the reasons the smaller heavier lurchers get some bad press. not many folk keep there dogs work fit . my ozzy looked a little to lean for my liking when he was at his best weight . good luck with the pups .

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

His new kennel mate , her mother was 3/4 grey 1/4 beddy to full Laguna whip and father is first cross collie hound, little bit light when I got her for my liking for a pup but she'll soon be up to weight, already putting it on. 9 weeks old.

image_zps63rscgsd.jpeg

Edited by 'sully'
  • Like 5

I had a young bull whippet killed a few months back we still have its brother. Bred put of two JP dogs, not owned by him but by a genuine terrier lad. Seen the dam go and she got the job done swiftly. The dog which is now about 18 months old has made a fantastic start, had him up the dales on the rabbits mopping them up with ease and retreaving like a spaniel. He's seen plenty of teeth for a young dog and is as game as fire. Certainly doesn't struggle on old Raynard. They are what they are, a keen little dog to have around and great fun to see work. They can't be compared to a bull grey as that's a different animal in size and strength but for me they are great little dogs that won't disappoint... Atb with your pups lads

• Like 4