Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 26/02/2022 at 23:44, jukel123 said:

The fight was in Glasgow. Taylor is a scot. Even when all the commentators were saying Catterill had it sown up, he'd walked it,I was thinking I won't  believe it until I hear the decision. Sure enough they gave it to Taylor  for political reasons. Absolute and utter disgrace. feel for Catterill. It was the mother and father of a corrupt, sleazy decision.

I like josh Taylor but Catterall was robbed. 

A poor decision 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

Looks like there looking in to the scoring of the fight and interviewing the judges this week 

Hopefully Cattrall gets the result he deserves however with so many sanctioning bodies involved im not convinced he will. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

Hopefully Cattrall gets the result he deserves however with so many sanctioning bodies involved im not convinced he will. 

Yeah hopefully catterall does get the result but can they reverse the result on the night legally or is it just to see how or why  the judges scored it like they did 

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Yeah hopefully catterall does get the result but can they reverse the result on the night legally or is it just to see how or why  the judges scored it like they did 

Can't say I can recall  a result being overturned before under these circumstances,  at very least he deserves a rematch. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

Can't say I can recall  a result being overturned before under these circumstances,  at very least he deserves a rematch. 

I agree he deserves one but will Taylor want it because I thought he wants to move up in weight .I couldn't think of a result being overturned either before there must be a lot of legalities involved with those contracts I wonder if there anything that says it can be overturned .  even if it was which I can't see happening it would surely open the controlling bodies to all sorts of appeals if a fighter doesn't agree to a decision 

I didn't get to watch the fight until yesterday, but could see nothing but a convincing win for Catterall...

The 10-8 round plus the point deducted against Taylor were surely the nails in the coffin... the bigger fights for Taylor are now up a weight so can't see a rematch, but this performance will play on his mind no doubt, the likes of Crawford and Spence (if that is who he is lining up) will be another step up and Taylor will know that...

I wish him well as he seems a decent bloke and has been brilliant, but that was a shocker imo

• Like 1

Thats one of the worst ones ive ever seen boxing really needs to start weeding out this type of corruption....i had a look at the scorecards and Ian John Lewis had Taylor 3 - 1 up after 4 rounds ?........Taylor lost the fight on the scales he was dead at the weight,all engine but no strength he's not the first and wont be the last....but judges have to be held accountable these are normal everyday guys who will be back at work this morning without a second thought to the fact they have just robbed a kid of his lifelong dreams its a disgrace.

• Like 3
On 26/02/2022 at 23:11, jukel123 said:

Blatant home fighter corruption. The guy was robbed. Boxing is sounding its own death knell if it continues like this. What's the point of dedicating your life to the sport and then getting shat on by corrupt judges ?

These type of things are not even what in previous generations we would call " home town decisions " the politics of boxing is a lot deeper than that Taylor was a decorated amateur who will have signed up to a very lucrative contract with major investment behind him whereas a kid like Caterrall will have had a completely different journey.....a few more fights like that will enable a fighter like Taylor to never need work again whereas it will merely allow a fighter like Caterrall the finances to pursue his career....its boxings way of pressuring young fighters to take the amateur route,hopefully nick a medal and then sign a big contract to keep investors in the sport happy,and be seen to do things " the right way ".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

These type of things are not even what in previous generations we would call " home town decisions " the politics of boxing is a lot deeper than that Taylor was a decorated amateur who will have signed up to a very lucrative contract with major investment behind him whereas a kid like Caterrall will have had a completely different journey.....a few more fights like that will enable a fighter like Taylor to never need work again whereas it will merely allow a fighter like Caterrall the finances to pursue his career....its boxings way of pressuring young fighters to take the amateur route,hopefully nick a medal and then sign a big contract to keep investors in the sport happy,and be seen to do things " the right way ".

Boxing and football were the traditional ways out of poverty. Although they still are, the waters have become muddied. Some great talents in both sports get overlooked for whatever reason.

Just seen that the BBC is going  to investigate the scoring of the Taylor /Catterall fight. The problem is it does not have the power to overturn the decision. So paper tiger then.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Where was whyte? I’d so love him to beat fury, doubt it tho but I’d love it ?

Fury has never really fought anybody who is anywhere near world class imo. Wilder is a cruiserweight who will deliver freakish, windmill punches if his opponent stands off him.

Whyte is 5/1.  He's a helluva lump. An upset is always a possibility in the heavyweights.

Sooner Fury is retired and off the scene, then we might get some dignity back into the sport. I don't think his mouthing, attention seeking and clowning has been good for boxing. 

• Like 4