Boxing At The Weekend...

Khan had fast hand speed, but he wasn't planting his feet. Brook walked him down. Brook's  punches started at his feet. He was pretty contemptuous of Khan's power.

Once he had rehydrated,  he was probably over a stone heavier than Khan.It showed.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

As if the fight wasnt hyped enough before it its even worse after !.....ok i get it this Shalom mush is a new kid on the block and wants eyes on his promotions but come on dont take people for idiots....." iconic "...." classic "...f**k off i had to turn that off after 2 minutes.

Yes it was an entertaining fight but quality wise it was awful....i suppose really it was exactly what most of us thought it would be,2 over the hill fighters Brook being the least washed up of the 2....boxing is starting to cross a line for me,when i hear a lad like Eubank Jnr saying he wants to fight Kell Brook at catch weight instead of chasing titles you have to ask yourself what the goal is here.....do fighters still want to box their way through the rankings of their division in order to get a shot at becoming the worlds best....or do they just want to hype their way to a pay per view name.....very sad that the sport ive loved all these years is heading towards little more than a stage show.

Khan/Brook both need to retire.....and lads like this Shalom need to realise that life long boxing people who know what they are looking at will only accept so much of these theatre fights before demanding meaningful competitive true honest match ups.....or maybe those type of fights dont matter anymore.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

As if the fight wasnt hyped enough before it its even worse after !.....ok i get it this Shalom mush is a new kid on the block and wants eyes on his promotions but come on dont take people for idiots....." iconic "...." classic "...f**k off i had to turn that off after 2 minutes.

Yes it was an entertaining fight but quality wise it was awful....i suppose really it was exactly what most of us thought it would be,2 over the hill fighters Brook being the least washed up of the 2....boxing is starting to cross a line for me,when i hear a lad like Eubank Jnr saying he wants to fight Kell Brook at catch weight instead of chasing titles you have to ask yourself what the goal is here.....do fighters still want to box their way through the rankings of their division in order to get a shot at becoming the worlds best....or do they just want to hype their way to a pay per view name.....very sad that the sport ive loved all these years is heading towards little more than a stage show.

Khan/Brook both need to retire.....and lads like this Shalom need to realise that life long boxing people who know what they are looking at will only accept so much of these theatre fights before demanding meaningful competitive true honest match ups.....or maybe those type of fights dont matter anymore.

Fury doesn't help either. He's brought the sport into disrepute with his mouthing. I reckon there is more talking video footage of Fury than there is fighting footage.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Fury doesn't help either. He's brought the sport into disrepute with his mouthing. I reckon there is more talking video footage of Fury than there is fighting footage.

Couldnt agree more....there was a time when fighters were thick as arseholes and would be seen but not heard but it meant they had to fight their way into contention....now its virtually the opposite if you are a good talker and your face fits you can literally talk yourself into big fights having had very few meaningful victories.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Couldnt agree more....there was a time when fighters were thick as arseholes and would be seen but not heard but it meant they had to fight their way into contention....now its virtually the opposite if you are a good talker and your face fits you can literally talk yourself into big fights having had very few meaningful victories.

Agreed, unfortunately  sound bites are part of the sport now. Fury is as thick as arseholes but that doesn't stop his constant attention seeking. Show him a microphone and he'll run towards it. Same as his dad. Same as Billie Joe Surrenders.

• Like 1

Thing about Fury though is he has normalised the F and C words in press conferences.  That lowering of standards has spread. Brook was on about Khan "wanking" in his pre fight press conference. It's out of order. As for Fury's dad, some of the dirt that comes out of his rent- a -gob mouth is disgusting.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4

It only seems to be like that in Britain though.....look at boxing in America or Mexico and its still all about fighting your way through the rankings.......maybe they are the times we are in as Brits where true honest competition is almost frowned upon in favour of a good drama.......a fighter like Eubank Jnr piping up with i want to fight Kell Brook because we have " beef "....grow up you daft c**t go and knock his door if you want a tear up..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Thing about Fury though is he has normalised the F and C words in press conferences.  That lowering of standards has spread. Brook was on about Khan "wanking" in his pre fight press conference. It's out of order. As for Fury's dad, some of the dirt that comes out of his rent- a -gob mouth is disgusting.

Yeaa, shepton mallet pig

18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I cant be f****d with all that boycotting sport id watch it if it was free so a couple of quid aint going to put me off.....i like watching boxing whether its a small hall show or Khan/Brook....but agreed Khan/Brook to me is just a battle of who is less finished...i cant really see where the winner go's let alone the loser...and the " rivalry/hatred " zzzzzzzzzzz pull the other one.....as for who wins i couldnt care less just hope its an entertaining fight.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Not boycotting it over price, 20 notes is peanuts.  But your second post, above, along with a few other posts that I've read, and agreed with, are the main reasons I won't pay to watch another fight.

The last few years especially, boxing, as far as I can see, has become a bit of a disappointing joke, be that through the promoters, boxers that evade each other until it's too late, you tube nobodies that can get a fight because they have so many 'internet followers' or any or all of 5, 6 or seven other ridiculous excuses.

Sad to say I've become very disillusioned with boxing.

Would even say I'm not even a casual fan, these days.  Despite my opening post asking about this fight.  Lol.

• Like 1