Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

But your going to look like that if you dont take the bet.?

Why would I take the bet with Francie when a) I don't really gamble  and b) I'd get better odds at the bookies. ?

Edited by Greb147

AJ giving Fury some stick on Twitter and rightly so. 

He's let his own fans down as much as anybody, you get the picture that the public are getting fed up of his antics and his falsities. 

That win over Wilder has really got to his head, seems he's content to have his number and that's it. 

See AJ and Fury beefing on SM. That’ll maybe stir up a bit more interest and PPV sales to pay off Wilder. 
Wilder looking for Fury rematch or $20m to step aside? ? Fcuk, he wouldn’t make that money fighting Fury.., and he definitely won’t want a rematch imho. I’m an optimist, and hope the fight will go ahead. Cash wise, it’s just too big not to.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

See AJ and Fury beefing on SM. That’ll maybe stir up a bit more interest and PPV sales to pay off Wilder. 
Wilder looking for Fury rematch or $20m to step aside? ? Fcuk, he wouldn’t make that money fighting Fury.., and he definitely won’t want a rematch imho. I’m an optimist, and hope the fight will go ahead. Cash wise, it’s just too big not to.

A sensible post. I think wilder will need another dummy to knock over before he fights fury again, if anyones to blame its management not fighters.

6 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

A sensible post. I think wilder will need another dummy to knock over before he fights fury again, if anyones to blame its management not fighters.

So why has Fury and Fish Eyes been giving it the big one these last few months when they knew it wasn't happening with AJ? 

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So why has Fury and Fish Eyes been giving it the big one these last few months when they knew it wasn't happening with AJ? 

Did they know? What do you think bob arum and frank warren would say if fury didnt want to take the biggest payday he and them could make at the moment? I think he would be looking for a new team sharpish.

6 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Did they know? What do you think bob arum and frank warren would say if fury didnt want to take the biggest payday he and them could make at the moment? I think he would be looking for a new team sharpish.

You don't think they knew? Hahaha. 

Old Bob has had the stadium booked for the trilogy for a while now, of course they fecking knew.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You don't think they knew? Hahaha. 

Old Bob has had the stadium booked for the trilogy for a while now, of course they fecking knew.

I think arum,warren, hearn want money pal, the more the merrier.?

I believe the fight could go ahead, and hopefully it’ll be worked out. For both teams, plan B will be worth significantly less, both financially, and for the their legacies in the sport. For me, the Wilder problem is for Fury and his team to resolve. If Fury fights Wilder in July, that’s as good as ducking out. And if I was AJ, I’d forget ever getting involved with the Fury fight again. It’s a short career, and Fury has had numerous opportunities to make the fight happen, but ‘opted out’ ? of taking it. As a ‘neutral’ and a boxing fan, I’d love to see it happen, but if it doesn’t, I’ll go to my grave believing AJ was the real deal, and the other was just a big useless dosser.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Chance to become an undisputed champion and nobody on his home turf really knows or cares.  Cant understand why he went to toprank. This should be a massively promoted fight and in pretty sure they lost the purse bid for his first fight under them against the thai which was a total disaster. That's on the back of sky/eddie having to step in before that and save his super series . Hes been promoted terribly.

I get the impression that he's not universally liked? 

Yeah he has, just look at the promotion and crowds lesser fighters pull in these days. 

Personality is now worth way more than performance IMO.