Boxing At The Weekend...

It was a pleasant change to see a heavyweight with a decent grasp of the basics ,a nice straight left _ right on the front foot ,he will never be a razzle dazzle spectacular type ,but you can see improvement in every fight ,the lad obviously works hard at improving ,barring mishaps there is a big future for that kid .

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Sorry to say but I,ve never placed a bet in my life but thought I’d called it when Gorman went down in the 3rd, dubuois takes a good shot as well, Joyce looked like the top and bottom half’s of his body were independent of each other, I think it’s a bit cruel that no one will tell him he is wasting his time and still keep feeding him the same shite that he,s a fight or 2 away from a world title fight, great night though ???

Must disagree with you there mate thought dubious had learned a lot from the larty fight, and considering that the boxing experts were all saying that Gorman had the greater boxing ability and speed he was clearly out boxed and beaten to the punch in most exchanges,I think he was beaten by the third minute of round one when he had felt the power in the jab, Daniel will go on to be a proper undisputed champion if he,s managed properly, ?

• Like 1

I thought Daniel might struggle with the occasion more than the opponent...due to his quiet timid nature i felt he might be overawed by topping a big bill and not be able to perform but he won every minute of every round and banged him out in impressive fashion,looking fresh as a daisy at the end.

All i hope now is he doesnt get rushed along like Joshua straight to world level and he stops developing,the kid has so much raw ability and power i just worry about his mental fragility he,s just so introverted you almost feel sorry for him but im starting to realise he is just one of these emotionless cold hearted killer types with zero empathy.He is progressing nicely id like to see him defend that belt a few times and then step up,if he continues learning and maturing as he is doing can you imagine what he,ll be like at 24/25 years old.

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I thought Daniel might struggle with the occasion more than the opponent...due to his quiet timid nature i felt he might be overawed by topping a big bill and not be able to perform but he won every minute of every round and banged him out in impressive fashion,looking fresh as a daisy at the end.

All i hope now is he doesnt get rushed along like Joshua straight to world level and he stops developing,the kid has so much raw ability and power i just worry about his mental fragility he,s just so introverted you almost feel sorry for him but im starting to realise he is just one of these emotionless cold hearted killer types with zero empathy.He is progressing nicely id like to see him defend that belt a few times and then step up,if he continues learning and maturing as he is doing can you imagine what he,ll be like at 24/25 years old.

This is true. I think with Joshua all the comparisons with Ali just got ridiculous and it got to a point where people were expecting him to prove what people were saying about him so every time he does one little thing wrong (never mind getting battered by Ruiz) people will jump on him instead of just letting him be his own man. I’ve even fell out with people who were so deluded over this as you just can’t take them seriously when they literally still believe he is the next Ali.

Hopefully frank warren won’t try to sell his product as much as Eddie hearn has and Dubois can just keep ticking along nicely and do the right things at the right times with no over hype! 

Edited by Stoney100
1 minute ago, Stoney100 said:

This is true. I think with Joshua all the comparisons with Ali just got ridiculous and it got to a point where people were expecting him to prove what people were saying about him so every time he does one little thing wrong (never mind getting battered by Ruiz) people will jump on him instead of just letting him be his own man. I’ve even fell out with people who were so deluded over this as you just can’t take them seriously as they literally still believe he is the next Ali.

Hopefully frank warren won’t try to sell his product as much as Eddie hearn has and Dubois can just keep ticking along nicely and do the right things at the right times with no over hype! 

I agree in the main mate... although Joshua because of the Olympics was already a star, he couldn't fly below the radar for long enough to not meet good opposition.... personally I think Hearn has done everything just about right with the product that is Joshua...hes made him a multi millionaire and a world champion, I'm sure Joshua ain't complaining...perhaps that's the problem though, too much too soon...but no real choice either...I've not met or seen anyone who has said he is anything like Ali, that's ridiculous...this current division is weak and I thought he could beat any of them...I still do...but hes shown loads of flaws and the last fight exposed them..

Dubois looks better every fight, he can take his time as the fan fair ain't so loud as Joshua's at this stage... certainly every chance of being a world champ at some point, the basic are good and he can bang... exciting youngster for sure

• Like 5
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I agree in the main mate... although Joshua because of the Olympics was already a star, he couldn't fly below the radar for long enough to not meet good opposition.... personally I think Hearn has done everything just about right with the product that is Joshua...hes made him a multi millionaire and a world champion, I'm sure Joshua ain't complaining...perhaps that's the problem though, too much too soon...but no real choice either...I've not met or seen anyone who has said he is anything like Ali, that's ridiculous...this current division is weak and I thought he could beat any of them...I still do...but hes shown loads of flaws and the last fight exposed them..

Dubois looks better every fight, he can take his time as the fan fair ain't so loud as Joshua's at this stage... certainly every chance of being a world champ at some point, the basic are good and he can bang... exciting youngster for sure

There’s been loads at it mate, mainly because of this photo that was probably set up anyway lol

D1E47187-E697-4747-B794-DDE2F3CBC374.jpeg.ec1ddfcdcac63349e7799fe498cd26cd.jpeg

The same people wear AJ hats and all his other merchandise so probably can’t see he is a product tbh! 

And yeah either way he will still be made for life and never have to work again so he won’t care I’m sure

51 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

This is true. I think with Joshua all the comparisons with Ali just got ridiculous and it got to a point where people were expecting him to prove what people were saying about him so every time he does one little thing wrong (never mind getting battered by Ruiz) people will jump on him instead of just letting him be his own man. I’ve even fell out with people who were so deluded over this as you just can’t take them seriously when they literally still believe he is the next Ali.

Not sure ive ever heard anyone compare Joshua to Ali thats a weird one but comparing his early career to Dubois i just meant in terms of time.....i understand why Joshua was pushed so quick simply because of his age and his late start in the sport that was always an educated risk he just didnt have time to learn the game his learning had to come in competetive fights and make the most of his physical tools....Dubois doesnt need rushing if he stays injury free and keeps winning he can have 20 - 25 fights in the bag before looking at world titles,Joshua didnt have that due to his age,i think Hearn did a fantastic job making him one of the most marketable and wealthy fighters on earth in such a short time period,again something theres no rush to do with Dubois.

• Like 4

Anyone can say silly stuff for a reaction.....theres a lad on this forum who once said Sunderland were a massive football club but nobody beyond this forum has ever heard that said ?.....likewise,whoever Eddie Goldman is i dont know...but personally ive never heard that said about Ali/Joshua

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

If Youv never heard anyone within the game at a high level talk of Sunderland AFC as a Big club then your most probably bullshitting .

YOU telling someone they are bullshitting about Sunderland ??....is this a Morecambe & Wise sketch !

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

The joshua/Ali comparisons all started over Eddie Goldman saying this......

4CAFFD37-3DA0-45A5-A6CF-EE8B749AC53D.jpeg.19dfd7b49be045848e4ab684c5a24158.jpeg

Then his fans jumped on it and started to believe it......how wrong he was about Joshua and fury in the end tho!

Wrong about Joshua and Fury??

They've not met... Fury went AWOL for a couple of years, has fought 3 bums and done pretty well against an average champion.... but still grabbed a draw from the jaws of victory lol

AJ, became world champion has fought a few decent fighters and lost badly against one of them....

The problem is for some it always comes down to if your a Fury man or a Joshua man... I'm neither to be honest, I'd like to see them fight...could go either way, both a bit chinny, one may stay out of the way for 12 rounds the other may catch him...who knows??

For me Fury just isn't heavy handed enough to really worry any of the top fighters, he will win fights obviously with his tap and move style, fair play to him..but he ain't no great imo...

It's only interesting because they are all average but with different styles...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4