Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

On to fury v usyk, there is some decent fights across may and June

Real shame about beterbiev knee, 3-6month recovery time before he can even start a camp again 

And facing the likes of bivol after knee surgery, a man needs that like he needs a hole in his head 😳

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Billy b said:

On to fury v usyk, there is some decent fights across may and June

Real shame about beterbiev knee, 3-6month recovery time before he can even start a camp again 

And facing the likes of bivol after knee surgery, a man needs that like he needs a hole in his head 😳

where do the fight fury v usyk  ?  norm ive bought fights sky box office , of my telly , i think it said something  TNT sports , think that on my sky channel  as well, but not seen nothing about fury v usyk  , think is it next sat ?  

On 04/05/2024 at 22:59, shaaark said:

I don't really get involved too much with these boxing pundits,  BUT please,  stop this gareth a Davies about tyson fury.

He's sickeningly cringeworthy as f**k!!!

The man actually makes me feel ill i have no idea how the geezer ever worked his way into the sport......any London venue you'll see him pitch up on his push bike taking ages to chain it up while waiting for dopey little berks to go up and have a photo with him like he's some kind of attraction......i used to say i dont want to hear a persons views on boxing who hasnt been punched in the face but im more relaxed about it all now i'll chat boxing with anyone....but this wannabe rock star prick takes the piss i just cant listen to a word he says.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, bird said:

where do the fight fury v usyk  ?  norm ive bought fights sky box office , of my telly , i think it said something  TNT sports , think that on my sky channel  as well, but not seen nothing about fury v usyk  , think is it next sat ?  

You can watch it on DAZN, Sky or TNT mate. Yeah sat 18th may

Edited by Billy b
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The man actually makes me feel ill i have no idea how the geezer ever worked his way into the sport......any London venue you'll see him pitch up on his push bike taking ages to chain it up while waiting for dopey little berks to go up and have a photo with him like he's some kind of attraction......i used to say i dont want to hear a persons views on boxing who hasnt been punched in the face but im more relaxed about it all now i'll chat boxing with anyone....but this wannabe rock star prick takes the piss i just cant listen to a word he says.

What do you make of Duke mckenzie, gnash?

Watched him a couple of days ago, on talksport, giving his opinions on fury and usyk's strengths, weaknesses etc, talking to Spencer Oliver.

I found him pretty spot on.

• Like 1

All the Mckenzie brothers were good boxing people back in the day Duke was always the most talented and yes his opinions are certainly worth listening to as he boxed at the highest level.....ive not heard what you are referring to but Duke is a purist id imagine he sees Usyk beating Fury ? ......all id say is Duke never weighed much more than a crisp packet and will possibly not fully appreciate the vast physical advantages Fury has and is looking at this fight from a purists boxing view only.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

All the Mckenzie brothers were good boxing people back in the day Duke was always the most talented and yes his opinions are certainly worth listening to as he boxed at the highest level.....ive not heard what you are referring to but Duke is a purist id imagine he sees Usyk beating Fury ? ......all id say is Duke never weighed much more than a crisp packet and will possibly not fully appreciate the vast physical advantages Fury has and is looking at this fight from a purists boxing view only.

Go on then Gnash, who lifting the 4 belts next Saturday, I think fury will win, I think the extra height/reach, weight be to much for Uysk. But I've been reading that uysk camp he been training with blokes alot bigger than him, and 6ft 3 in 15st 10lb  been  giving them few probs. I hope uysk can win, not because I don't like the big fat gypo. It because I never thought he was good heavyweight boxer, and lacks real power for such big man. Where as uysk can deff ouch is natural weight 15st-16st, and great athlete as well. But both of them, prob only got maybe 4-5years left, so be nice to get good young natural English lad come through. 

24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ll be taking a trip down to goole next week  aye lol

Welcome to goole and notes only mate or it’s me in hull to pay you the notes instead.

all good fun mate anyway 1 of us are going to be better off 

• Like 2

Think fury will be throwing a lot of body shots usyks way as well as they see that as his weakness along with the usual leaning tying up shit that he always brings to the table, no doubt about it usyk has a mountain to climb but I wouldn’t right him off, if the ref is neutral 

If tyson doesn't work usyks body ill be shocked 

Usyk is an unreal talent, awkward fighter who gets the measure of people and then puts them in positions they don't really want to be in but it cannot be ignored that he doesn't like being hit to the body at all, not that anyone enjoys a good wallop up the ribs, but usyk certainly gives off vibes that he's susceptible to body shots 

I just hope for a good fight, but we could see it that where both men are so skilled they could ultimately cancel each other out, that and fury with the tying up and grabbing, but to me fury looks a bit likes he's been focusing on footwork in this camp and getting in and out of range after getting his shots off?

Think after the ngannou fight someone said I think his legs are gone,  and the vibe I'm getting from the bits I've seen with the zoomed in angles of him pivoting round the ring and everything else it seems to me like he might be trying to make a point that the legs aren't gone and he had a bad day on the job 

I rate usyk highly, always have, really enjoy watching him in the ring but I don't think he's gonna overcome the physicality of it all, but in the same breath I wouldlnt be shocked to see him put on a clinic, he's that good. If your tyson though after that sham against ngannou that nobody ever saw coming you're gonna be getting in the ring wanting to make a serious point,and tyson often does fight to the level of his opponents, I feel he will have had a good camp for this and won't have taken usyk one bit lightly, but that cut, that looks ready to open up like a sharks mouth and usyk will 100% be going for that,  if I'm usyk I'm after that cut from the off 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 5

Usyk is relentless and his footwork second to none. Every fighter I’ve seen him fight has struggled with his movement and constant repositioning as it forces them to keep resetting. His jab is quite commanding too, he bosses fights with it and I’ve never seen anyone (except maybe Briedis) unload on him

AJ, who I would consider an elite athlete, Bellew, Dubois, Witherspoon etc were all physically drained and exhausted by it. 

I guess we’ll finally get to see how technically good a fighter Fury really is. 

Looking forward to this one

• Like 6