Boxing At The Weekend...

On 09/03/2024 at 15:48, pesky1972 said:

I was slightly disappointed in Joshua taking this fight, but at this stage of his career, and with the options open to him, maybe I don’t blame him. His purse for what turned out to be only a few minutes work was apparently $50m! When the best in the sport are jumping on this sort of gravy train, how are we ever going to get the integrity back.

This is the state the game is in though and why Fury has been so bad for boxing,making a mockery of the status quo in a competitive system of rankings that has worked for years by avoiding fights and chasing showbiz fights in the middle of his career.....Joshua had to follow suit but lets not forget Joshua was offered the Ngannou fight BEFORE Fury was and he turned it down.

• Like 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 09/03/2024 at 09:26, pesky1972 said:

Watching replay now and it must be the easiest nights work Joshua’s had since he turned pro. Mind boggling how this guy dropped Fury and only lost narrowly on the scorecards.., or is it?

The knockout was brutal and it makes me wonder how these promoters will all cry crocodile tears when someone gets killed or left a vegetable in one of these ‘crossover’ or novelty fights. Just my opinion but, regardless of his MMA pedigree, Ngannou shouldn’t be anywhere near a ring with 2 out of the top 3 heavyweights in the world in his first two bouts.

This is the problem its going to take someone to get hurt for it to stop.......but who is protecting the sport through all this ?.....nothing or nobody......these governing bodies are a f****n disgrace !

• Like 4
On 08/03/2024 at 19:35, Greyman said:

E

Was over the moon for Louis Green i really hope he gets the Gilley rematch and earns himself a few quid he has a very watchable style and a likeable personality to go with it,just a shame he couldnt fully dedicate himself to the sport a few more years ago but better late than never.....great to see these quality domestic level dust up's they are everything thats good about boxing.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Was over the moon for Louis Green i really hope he gets the Gilley rematch and earns himself a few quid he has a very watchable style and a likeable personality to go with it,just a shame he couldnt fully dedicate himself to the sport a few more years ago but better late than never.....great to see these quality domestic level dust up's they are everything thats good about boxing.

That fight with Gilley, back in October, was one of the best fights I've seen in a good while, gnash.

A rematch would be deserving of both of them.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

check your pm  gnash, ive sent you one back   mate .

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Watched that earlier, G.

I make him, and true geordie completely correct with their breakdown of fury.  Been saying the same thing for years.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, dodger said:

Camera angle but can see why many was thinking it was rigged especially with how easily aj dismantled him

I've listened to a bit of ngganous life story and he has had a incredible rise from where he came from to where he is . He is massively respected in MMA . 

I may be wrong but I think he would have a lot more self worth than to be a fall guy for someone . To totally embarrass himself In front of millions and to do his legacy as a fighter harm for a paycheck. I genuinely felt sorry for him after the fight he looked totally gutted . Obviously after the fury fight he was riding a wave into this joshua fight and its come crumbling down . 

Why take the risk that you entire lifes work will be swept from underneath you if you got caught taking a dive 

FB_IMG_1710330763849.jpg

• Like 3

The last 2 punches Ngannou got caught with could easily have put a normal everyday bod into a coma.....for a person to be of the opinion that this fight was a fix of some sort tells me they've never been punched in the face and so probably shouldnt have an opinion in the first place.

• Like 9
49 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I've listened to a bit of ngganous life story and he has had a incredible rise from where he came from to where he is . He is massively respected in MMA . 

I may be wrong but I think he would have a lot more self worth than to be a fall guy for someone . To totally embarrass himself In front of millions and to do his legacy as a fighter harm for a paycheck. I genuinely felt sorry for him after the fight he looked totally gutted . Obviously after the fury fight he was riding a wave into this joshua fight and its come crumbling down . 

Why take the risk that you entire lifes work will be swept from underneath you if you got caught taking a dive 

FB_IMG_1710330763849.jpg

Main thing is that he's ok isn't it but felt sorry for him to n like you say he was so confident after the first first fight and expectations for him high from alot of people 

1 hour ago, dodger said:

Main thing is that he's ok isn't it but felt sorry for him to n like you say he was so confident after the first first fight and expectations for him high from alot of people 

Can't blame the guy for getting caught up in his own hype . It's not like he's a influencer type he's a fighting man and in MMA punches are one of the main attacks so he's come into boxing with a degree of quality . After giving fury a good test it would be easy for him to dream and think he can compete at the top level of boxing . But its a different sport and different style and it caught up with him 

It's like a world class rally driver going over to F1 . The idea behind both is the same but their similar and different in equal portions and eventually the guys who do that sort for years will always have the edge in the end . 

I'd like to see ngannou go back to UFC . But that bridge seems to have been burnt . I think as with most things money is the root of it all 

• Like 1