Boxing At The Weekend...

Shame about joyce, he just found his level, the juggernaught was stopped when it hit the great wall from china, to be honest id like to see big bang fighting wilder as joyce didnt really hurt him, i still see fury beating zhang easily as he can switch stances , the china man has brought a bit of new life to the division even at 40, 1st to ask him for a fight was chizora and he answered, when i asked you for a fight you werent interested now you want to fight? And basically told chizora no chance as your well over the hill lol

• Like 7

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 15/09/2023 at 12:55, shaaark said:

Yep, been doing the same.

Watched the gatti/ward trilogy a couple of weeks ago,  Leonard vs Duran 1 and 2 last week, and eubank vs Watson 1 and 2 last night.

Seems like a lifetime away from today's heavyweight bullshit!!

Gatti/ ward fights are phenomenal fights as well as ward / nearey definitely worth a watch . 

• Like 1

Gnashes , you strike me as the most knowledgeable guys Boxing wise that get on this forum , what is your opinion on Connor Ben ? As a boxer/ fighter and his future, ? I have followed him from early doors and have always thought he was / still is destined for great things? JMO

• Like 1
10 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yeah no power without the juice, wernt the guy ranked 140th ?

he’s moved to light middle because it’s a weaker division he wasn’t going anywere with crawford etc there 

but charlo tyzu will still be more then he can cope with 

still some big money fights for him like 

11 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

I just rewatched the Tyson v Ribalta fight 1986, HW boxing must be the only sport thats gone backwards over the years, everything is faster higher stronger further and we've got luke fckn fury

Kin el, mate, be careful, you'll have Gooey on here now, accusing you of blasphemy, wanting you hung for treason and all sorts!!  😄👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

I just rewatched the Tyson v Ribalta fight 1986, HW boxing must be the only sport thats gone backwards over the years, everything is faster higher stronger further and we've got luke fckn fury

what a great time and great opponent lol 

ribalta was shite lol

Edited by mC HULL
On 24/09/2023 at 14:47, Lenmcharristar said:

Shame about joyce, he just found his level, the juggernaught was stopped when it hit the great wall from china, to be honest id like to see big bang fighting wilder as joyce didnt really hurt him, i still see fury beating zhang easily as he can switch stances , the china man has brought a bit of new life to the division even at 40, 1st to ask him for a fight was chizora and he answered, when i asked you for a fight you werent interested now you want to fight? And basically told chizora no chance as your well over the hill lol

Be interesting to see where joyce goes, after this upset.

Similarly, who is next in line for zhang? 

Neither of them can hang around for too long, though.

Only so long Joyce could go on like that, just ambling left was never gonna be enough!! Lol

I like him, he's a decent bloke in defeat and victory, but I can't see him ever getting further than he has now, Zhang needs to make fights quick, he's 40 but hasn't had loads of rounds in the pros, Bakole could be a good fight for him if he doesn't a title fight.

On 24/09/2023 at 14:47, Lenmcharristar said:

Zhang comes to fight, which is unusual in HW boxing these days. And he actually tries to punch hard...amazing.

But he looks incredibly easy to hit. We were all fooled into thinking Joyce was some sort of ponderous, hard hitting George Foreman, but, with the greatest of respect to the guy, he is slow, easy to hit and has no plan B. He was too cautious in the second fight, he should have unloaded on Zhang tit for tat. He looked like a guy who "had a plan until he got punched in the mouth" and then had no idea what to do.

I hope Zhang earns a few bob but I don't think he is a great fighter, it's just that the opposition is so piss poor.

• Like 2
On 25/09/2023 at 19:19, shaaark said:

Be interesting to see where joyce goes, after this upset.

Similarly, who is next in line for zhang? 

Neither of them can hang around for too long, though.

Dubois v Joyce 2 will now be made.

IMO Zhang is high risk/low reward for any fighter, but should be defeatable for any of the top Fury/Wilder/Uysk/AJ.

Could see Whyte taking him on IF he manages to clear this latest PED charge.....any news on this?

Could See AJ taking a chance on him to fight in China as he is commercially minded. Or possibly Africa because he keeps banging on about that.

Fury/Uysk/Wilder won't be arsed.

On 24/09/2023 at 21:57, belucky said:

Gnashes , you strike me as the most knowledgeable guys Boxing wise that get on this forum , what is your opinion on Connor Ben ? As a boxer/ fighter and his future, ? I have followed him from early doors and have always thought he was / still is destined for great things? JMO

What did you think to his early stuff? I always thought he didn't want to be there. Didn't have the spite that his old boy had. I always thought, he thought he was a plasterer being pushed in the ring! Didn't like being punched, could see that and he came out and said it in post match interviews, saying not sure this is for me etc. 

Last few fights (before ban) seemed to have some spite and looking good. Not sure he would have it when needed to dig deep. Doesn't seem genuine instinct to me.