Boxing At The Weekend...

I've seen most of the fight now and it looked close.., 118-110 looks pretty harsh on Hughie. I don't think he did enough however to rip the belt from Parker.

If I didn't know better I'd have sworn Parker was the challenger and not Fury. It's fine saying Hughie wasn't getting hit, but all he did was flick the jab into Parker's guard all night, no intention of getting into a fight. Parker came ahead all night long, and okay he looked untidy at times, but he was there to fight. It was a pretty poor spectacle but for me Parker tried to make it a fight, plus it was for Hughie to 'beat' Parker and take the belt from him. In a bout like that I always favour the aggressor.., so I've no complaint with the outcome.

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Who the f**k would want to watch that again i know what i wanna watch i wanna see parker have that belt took off him by someone who deserves it whyte has more right to that belt than parker ffs. I doubt we will see any more of hughie theyve had a good run made a bit of doh. Now time to leave off. People dont like them never will there arrogant sore losers

The only loosers are boxing fans getting ripped of and dodgy decisions it's all fake we seen it last week with canelo ggg and we seen it this weekend as well British boxing board of control are snakes with an agenda against the furys.

Remember this, the furys ain't always had a bad deal have they...stop playing the victim, proud fighting men winging like women that they're getting victimised.

Yokel

• Like 1

I've seen most of the fight now and it looked close.., 118-110 looks pretty harsh on Hughie. I don't think he did enough however to rip the belt from Parker.

If I didn't know better I'd have sworn Parker was the challenger and not Fury. It's fine saying Hughie wasn't getting hit, but all he did was flick the jab into Parker's guard all night, no intention of getting into a fight. Parker came ahead all night long, and okay he looked untidy at times, but he was there to fight. It was a pretty poor spectacle but for me Parker tried to make it a fight, plus it was for Hughie to 'beat' Parker and take the belt from him. In a bout like that I always favour the aggressor.., so I've no complaint with the outcome.

I've just watched the fight myself and you have it spot on for me pesky :thumbs: going by the guidelines on how boxing is scored then it was most definitely parkers fight imo it was close but Parker deserves the win.

For those unsure of what attributes a boxer is scored on ....cushty :D:

Effective Aggression Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, its not exactly effective. Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.

Ring Generalship The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.

Defense How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.

Hard and Clean Punches To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or arent landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

Not so much to do with the fight but I wanted to add Parker always conducts himself well and genuinely seems to want to fight anyone he deserves some credit for that imo

Parker is a good person you cannot take it away from Parker wish him all the best you never heard any of the furys badmouthing him either hughie might of but that's between two fighters Tyson and Peter and the rest always had respect even when they got robbed the problem Is with the bbboc who do have a hate campaign against team fury ok maybe if Parker got the win he didn't have the massive lead the judges scored it that is blatant curroption hughie was the better boxer Parker was coming forward I don't think Parker could do anything apart from hope to catch him he looked hopeless swing widely robbery or not rematch should be called at the least

Parker is a good person you cannot take it away from Parker wish him all the best you never heard any of the furys badmouthing him either hughie might of but that's between two fighters Tyson and Peter and the rest always had respect even when they got robbed the problem Is with the bbboc who do have a hate campaign against team fury ok maybe if Parker got the win he didn't have the massive lead the judges scored it that is blatant curroption hughie was the better boxer Parker was coming forward I don't think Parker could do anything apart from hope to catch him he looked hopeless swing widely robbery or not rematch should be called at the least

I agree cushty the scoring was out it was much closer 115/113 but still in parkers favour imo...hughie can only learn and progress from this he needs to do more going forward to catch the judge's eyes he's only young and doesn't have his full man power yet I hope he takes it on the chin and moves forward :thumbs:

no one has a campaign against team fury ffs!