• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

Thanks! Its force of habit now. My lamp man takes the Mick when we're there in the pouring rain trying to get the torch and camera lined up but loves looking back through them too. Even a tally with notes is still pretty un-memorable whereas each pic triggers the story behind it instantly.

It's my way of showing a little bit of respect too although I'm sure that will seem stupid to some. A brief moment to pause, reflect and admire- before it gets chucked in the dead pit ;)

• Like 1

Lol, don't panic, even going Lamping twice a week and sitting out at least three other nights most weeks, we still never run out of foxes. We're surrounded by 3000 acres of unshot, unkeepered forestry. We try and give the birds as many fox free days as we can but now the local outdoor pig farm has shut down, we seem to be a fox magnet!

It's not like Norfolk where a fox sighting still makes the parish magazine ;)

I read once that an owner used to give his keepers a day off if they killed a fox! I might see if my boss will go for that :D

• Like 3

There are numerous occasions when I wish we carried a camera, there was one instance when we were just packing in for the nightwhen we picked out charlies spotlamps, not a very exceptional course just average, when we got over to the end result it looked like a fox crossed with a roe deer white spots all over. A few weeks later I was lamping for a mate and again we shot an identical fox, he took some pics on his phone by the light of the lamp but did not do it justice. BUGGER

• Like 1

When all you terrier lads are trying earth's next November and wonder why there's nothing home it's because ?

If your having a problem finding work for your terrier next season, Go out and try proper fox control... and that means if your permission's is struggling to have a predator dealt with tell him to ring you, you will sort it and try being a fox for a day/ night or two/four playing chess with him/her then checkmating... whatever way you can, setting necklaces... have to be checked sunrise sunset, flushing to gun takes time to organize and when is, what if there laid up under ground then terrier needs to be used....all doesn't happen like the movies... and still go to work and walk dogs in between.... and don't say you have because you sound like no offence...ignorant....

this sites like a roof recently... everyone seems to be getting slated for frigger all.... the man is managing wildlife that is obviously killing fowl or stock...and he is showing folk like ANTIS they take a variety of food... and your giving him hassle! give your neck a crank!

• Like 2

I think the question we all wanting to ask is did you pick the pheasant up , still make pet food at the worst,lol

No, but the bird of prey centre that take my trapped squirrels took the muntjac :D

This one would have made better eating :D

c036b33110c3ad6492308469d71b82e1_zps6y3n

Edited by Crosshair
  • Like 1

I think the question we all wanting to ask is did you pick the pheasant up , still make pet food at the worst,lol

No, but the bird of prey centre that take my trapped squirrels took the muntjac :D

This one would have made better eating :D

c036b33110c3ad6492308469d71b82e1_zps6y3n

think we seen enough pics of dead stock.... and predators... you have proved your point.

shut it down!

Don't be scratching your head guys when going to earth's in November and there's nothing home and the farmer says we had some guy out lamping back in summer shot 12 with a rifle at night he had a recording of a cub in distress the foxes just came running in he had a couple of thousand pound rifle which if a four year old used it they couldn't miss with. He a local guy from village i wasn't having any trouble funny enough he was asking me for years to shoot but I didn't take him up on it but he can come every summer now . Anyway mate how's the dogs going? There will be that topic on here then (Empty earth's ) funny old world isn't it .

• Like 1