What argument do I need to win clowny it's not rocket science that shooting dozens of foxes this time of year ruins the season sport but obviously you can't see that. People always say they don't like doing humm why keep a rifle then. How many dogs do you use in one earth on call outs off farmers just the two at the same time is it? like I once read on here and you once wrote about.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

i'm not convinced there are two litters there. big litters tend to apear when food is plentifull. town foxes can often have big litters. when large area's are planted with tree's you can see bigger litters due to the amount of field voles etc. litter sizes will drop once the tree's are up and ground cover drops. ive seen a couple of big litters recently. both where split before they where the size of the cubs in the pic. how many adults and what sex where shot if you dont mind me asking

• Like 1

I don't know exactly hjckcff. I know they shot another 6 adults from that same area but as far as I know they didn't shoot them by sitting out over the earth just in the same vicinity. It's actually at the back of a village and is walked daily by dog walkers! The whole shoot is less than 40 acres lol (they still shot 96 pheasants one day!!!)

I can certainly ask him next time I pop in.

As I say, when we examined them, the three of them were distinctly older. Much more obviously than in that photo (especially 4th from the left). Pete had seen them all on that hole about three nights before I went there but I suppose they could have been from two separate den sites who ended up mingling in one crèche type arrangement as they started ranging further from the earth?

Edited by Crosshair
  • Like 2

crosshair i know i said i would leave it but with respect the picture doesnt prove anything other than someone shot seven cubs, you posted it on the earthdog section you say you did that to show two litters in the same den it doesnt do that, anyway hope theres no bad feeling and good luck,

Well it's better proof than trying to argue it without the picture ;)

I handled them and am 100% sure it was a three and a four of different ages. But as I say, it's well documented elsewhere as a well established fact in almost every fox ecology description and I'm assuming they're not all basing it on my one experience ;)

The older I get- the more I realise I didn't know :)

• Like 3

My mate is a shooter and keen river fishing man.

He shoots foxs on his permission where the farmer has 1000s of sheep and 100s or acres.we went out at lambing time last year.

We counted at least 10 partly eaten newborn lambs scattered about adjoining fields in 1 night.im not a shooter myself it does nothing for me sport wise out of the dozens and dozens of foxs he shoots annually I've shot 1.

he tells me all the time you shoot the next 1.but my reply is no I'm OK you crack on.i go out with him for a nights lamping as he's my mate and we have a good chat.he happens to like shooting he's doing a pest control job.i rather working dogs to shooting.but each to there own.i can't knock him for being a shooter.but I've never started a thread on here about a night out fox shooting.as it's not my thing.but I've seen him shooting at 287yds and fair play he's a very good marksman.

Edited by king
  • Like 2

Keep your little bonnet out now clowny and just you worry about what terrier your going to put in behind the other one

You don't win too many arguements, do you ?

Most threads he comments on he ruins being a bellend! He really need to learn how the country side works

Lol,its fine to run hounds through sheep even though the farmer had said it was out of bounds but its not ok to do a bit of pest control.

If you want to borrow money Neil clowny you only have to ask no point nicking it off tidy dog lads. I knew you was a arshole but didn't put you down as a thief aswell

That old lie could only have come from Mushray and just by coincidence I told a truth or two about him on another thread recently.

I know Mushy told you that lie because it was dreamt up by Booth who told his monkey Mushray to say it.

You should do your research before slandering me (a criminal offence) because when Booth and Roy Dalton tried to tell that lie before I proved the truth very quickly.

So be very careful or you'll be the one looking like an arsehole, for the thousand time.