• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

@Onion jonny

:D I can imagine you all solemnly throwing them in the hedge with barely a second glance what with being the hardened, macho, 'seen it all before' professionals you think you are.

I think it all started with my old headkeeper at my last place. He thought he was an ace fox killer so used to bring them all back and lay them out by the feed shed to wind me up. So I'd do the same and we'd pressure each other into friendly competition.

Then we got smart phones and it was more instant to ping an MMS across with a bit of friendly banter.

If my post had been accepted at face value I'd I've never had to post the pic but it probably says a lot about the integrity of many of the stories on here that it was felt needed to query it. Quite why I'd fabricate a story about it being somewhere else I have no idea.

Anyhow, I caught two more Cubs this morning so I named them Onion and Jonny ;)

Edited by Crosshair
  • Like 2

fireman i put it how much they eat because cross did it, i know very well its about control i have been doing it for over thirty years the reason i mentioned it is because i think its his gun not an old keepers and i also think he gets off on the fact that he can do so much killing with it hence the pic of the gun and the foxes placed i think he drove around in his little jimny and plunked them off and took the pic so he can get an orgasim every time he he looks at it, the reason he put it up is so some lads can pat him on the back, fireman twice in the last week i have been doing fox control on two shoots and did a good job but neither i nor any of the two keepers set up the results for a family album pic no they just got on with a distasteful job.

Well that little "family pic" has taught a few of us whats possible out there in the yonder,no matter what we thought we knew mate so i for one am glad i got to see it :victory: ..

• Like 5

If only Foxdropper had said "Wow, that's interesting Crosshair, I have actually read on other websites and in a few books that it can happen" none of this petty banter needed to occur. :D

Google is your friend sometimes......

Anyway..... shall we move back to some more interesting ecology discussion now?

• Like 1

My reply to you was toungue in cheek crosshairs .Im sceptical of things ive never seen before but unlike some im willing to learn .The piss take route is my way of furthering discussion to see the real you .In the book ,"running with the fox "he mentions the fact vixens can move in and share earths .Fox control can never being one thing or the other and must encompass all to reach an acceptable level whereby landowner are kept happy and the fox becomes wiser .What ive noticed in this fox control game is that those who play at it for sport shout loudest when control proper is carried out .Hunts in general are laughed at down here when they spout control ,always have been amongst those who know the route to real control .Winter digging is what this section is about but that only takes in a fraction of a keepers arsenal covering fox control and should never be looked upon as the be all and end all to control .Down here foxes are shot ,snared ,dug and cage trapped but still there are litters everywhere .

• Like 5

I've always been 100% straight about stuff although my mates would just say I'm boring because of it ;)

We probably have mutual acquaintances FD, I'm a Wiltshire lad, went to Lackham and most of my friends live there still.

I think the biggest mistake the CA made was arguing just the control side of fox hunting- it's the sport and conservation aspect that brings the fox benefits too. It also made all hunt supporters look blood thirsty rather than keen for a glimpse of Charlie and a fair chase.

I know so many keepers who used to stop shooting in Nov until the hunt had been in Feb/March who now just shoot foxes year round as fast as they arrive.

• Like 3