Bad News Nicky Blackwell.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think it's a real shame that a thread that should have just been full of well wishes for an injured warrior has been taken over by the same pathetic Fury arguments

If bell ends carried world titles, without a shadow of doubt that big fool would be the undisputed champion.

The situation with the kid Blackwell is a terrible shame and i wish him all the strength in the world in making a complete recovery....but its one of those situations where you could point fingers of

A big question mark still remains over my head about Joshua. ...as for fury vs wilder, my money is on the bronze bomber, he actually has boxing ability unlike fury who just uses he reach and height advantage, wilder wants the fight and fury is dodging him

Comparing fury to wilder in term of Boxing ability abd you choose wilder you must want your head looking at also his is fury dodging wilder when he is contractually engaged with Wvlad still

• Like 1

Think it's a real shame that a thread that should have just been full of well wishes for an injured warrior has been taken over by the same pathetic Fury arguments :no:

I agree I'm not replying in here anymore as its gone of track

Easy to sag these things about fury he'll get beat all this people will look for any reason to put him down when reality he's the best heavyweight in this country let alone any other country alot if people hand egg on there Face and will have for a very long time it's a fury era like or lump it

I ain't got nothing against him really and fair play to him. But I don't think it will be a fury era. Hel get beat sonner rather than later. I hope he fights haye and then haye vs Joshua for the tittle ?
if fury doesny retire any time soon, joshua will eventually have to get in the ring with him and i believe fury would get the better of him. But haye is a class above both of them when he wants to fight.
class above and wlad beat him.easy over 12 oh sorry he hurt his toe mark de mori now a swiss nobody ffs haye was gifted.title valuv won tat fight politics there.haye has a glass chin too dont forget ???

he might box again there was no ops..young burnett had a clot thing on his brain stopped him boxing for 2yr now hes back on the way to world honours.

Im not entirely sure who you are referring to nans pat but are you sure the lad had a clot ?.......like i say a lad very close to me died after a bout in the 90,s so i did a lot of research into it at the time and im not aware a pro fighter has ever continued their boxing career after removal of a clot......if it was just an aneurism then maybe as an aneurism is not a bleed and although it will show on a scan is not necessarily caused by trauma.......but an actual bleed where the brain bleeds into the skull and forms a clot that has to be removed........you wont fight again after that.

I do like to read your boxing posts mate, you can tell when a lad genuinely knows his subject and lays it out without any bells or whistle or nonsense.

I remember the death of young Bradley Stone, he was the same age as me.......it touched a lot of hearts in East London and Essex.

For some reason it just had this massive impact on people in general, just ordinary Joe soaps who may never have even watched boxing and mums and dads of my pals......everyone was speaking about it and all of them seemed genuinely heart broken.

They put up that lovely bust of him outside the gym didn't they?

Anyway, if he was your friend then you have my condolences mate, he must have been some nice lad.

• Like 4

Easy to sag these things about fury he'll get beat all this people will look for any reason to put him down when reality he's the best heavyweight in this country let alone any other country alot if people hand egg on there Face and will have for a very long time it's a fury era like or lump it

dream on. for a big guy he aint a big puncher.if he gets tagged by somebody like Haye or WILDER hes done.let alone Joshua in a few fights time
Bang on!!?
  • Like 1

he might box again there was no ops..young burnett had a clot thing on his brain stopped him boxing for 2yr now hes back on the way to world honours.

Im not entirely sure who you are referring to nans pat but are you sure the lad had a clot ?.......like i say a lad very close to me died after a bout in the 90,s so i did a lot of research into it at the time and im not aware a pro fighter has ever continued their boxing career after removal of a clot......if it was just an aneurism then maybe as an aneurism is not a bleed and although it will show on a scan is not necessarily caused by trauma.......but an actual bleed where the brain bleeds into the skull and forms a clot that has to be removed........you wont fight again after that.

I do like to read your boxing posts mate, you can tell when a lad genuinely knows his subject and lays it out without any bells or whistle or nonsense.

I remember the death of young Bradley Stone, he was the same age as me.......it touched a lot of hearts in East London and Essex.

For some reason it just had this massive impact on people in general, just ordinary Joe soaps who may never have even watched boxing and mums and dads of my pals......everyone was speaking about it and all of them seemed genuinely heart broken.

Anyway, if he was your friend then you have my condolences mate, he must have been some nice lad.

Thankyou Wilf nice words..........i hate all that shit when people describe a person as the nicest guy in the world after they die i cant be a hypocrite Bradley could be a little f****r at times but he had loyalty/honesty and all the traits we admire as men......he was just a rough kid out of the flats trying to make a better life for himself and his mrs......there was 10 years between us but he was a Canning Town boy and so we mixed in similar company,trained in the same gyms and so developed a nice friendship he was a rough diamond type of lad.....like yourself local people know the score with this area and so got behind him as a fighter.....he wasnt the type of kid to back down on the street and he took that into the ring with him he was game to the bone which ended up costing his life in what was a brutal fight......yes his statue is still outside The Peacock gym and they named a street after him locally....i,ll never forget him as he was one of your own so naturally it sticks in your gut and was a sad time for the area.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

dream on. for a big guy he aint a big puncher.if he gets tagged by somebody like Haye or WILDER hes done.let alone Joshua in a few fights time
Bang on!!?

We'll see then just about proves how stupid you are if you thing having little punching power means you can't take a punch I didn't see fury falling to Wvlads right hand like so many others

ryan burnett booth trains him he won the british super bantam title a few mths ago,it was a blockage on the right side of his brain,nuroligist sez he wouldnt box again he was surprised he wasnt slurred speach stroke type thing .hope that young lad blackwell comes right.

I sat for 3 weeks beside my dads bed when he was in an induced coma for a blood clot on the brain, we were told he,d spend his life severely disabled if he ever came round, it was really touch and go... Well he a stubborn minded f****r and he did come round and returned to "normal"

I sincerely hope this young lad has as much strength and courage in this fight as he did in the ring...

• Like 6

Thankyou Wilf nice words..........i hate all that shit when people describe a person as the nicest guy in the world after they die i cant be a hypocrite Bradley could be a little f****r at times but he had loyalty/honesty and all the traits we admire as men......he was just a rough kid out of the flats trying to make a better life for himself and his mrs......there was 10 years between us but he was a Canning Town boy and so we mixed in similar company,trained in the same gyms and so developed a nice friendship he was a rough diamond type of lad.....like yourself local people know the score with this area and so got behind him as a fighter.....he wasnt the type of kid to back down on the street and he took that into the ring with him he was game to the bone which ended up costing his life in what was a brutal fight......yes his statue is still outside The Peacock gym and they named a street after him locally....i,ll never forget him as he was one of your own so naturally it sticks in your gut and was a sad time for the area.

Funny I came across this thread and saw the name Bradley stone... I first got into boxing when I was about 13 and Anything to do with boxing on tv was recorded on vhs but one night I couldn't find a tape so I stayed up to watch a documentary, I think it was called fighters? It showed boxers Bradley and mark mckyla (spelling?) making his come back... There's no point to this post except It's sad that a lot of those fighters seem to get forgotten about...

• Like 1

Funny I came across this thread and saw the name Bradley stone... I first got into boxing when I was about 13 and Anything to do with boxing on tv was recorded on vhs but one night I couldn't find a tape so I stayed up to watch a documentary, I think it was called fighters? It showed boxers Bradley and mark mckyla (spelling?) making his come back... There's no point to this post except It's sad that a lot of those fighters seem to get forgotten about...

did that mark fella fight mcguigan

think it was young ali mcguigan fought he died didnt he.

Fury's bigger and moves a lot better than Klitschko,baring in mind that how poorly he performed against the former champ,why would Haye fare any better against him?

baring in mind that how poorly he performed against the former champ.

You can't think just because haye lost to klitchko and fury beat klitchko haye would also lose to fury. It don't work like that. Both fury and Hayes fights against klitchko were boring fights imo. Fury vs haye now I rekon that would be a scrap which I rekon fury gets knocked out! Imo Edited by stevo79