I got a 3/8 5/8 bull X bitch towards the bull and she's surprised a few people over the years catching wise ! I thought she lacked speed so I put 3/4 grey 1/4 bull over her to hopefully bring the size up and only time will tell she's 9 now bud by feck the old girl has still got it !

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pour the cider down the sink and go to bed mucker.

I think ours are the best,but then I would. I never advertise pups,and rarely even sell or give away any anymore so they are unlikely ever to be promoted or talked about. I breed plenty to improve the

find a fox is a bit of an understatement mate I saw him walk into a field winding the air run flat out to a piece of cover push a fox out and kill it after a short run.At another spot he marked an ear

Posted Images

Im running on a genuine 3/8 5/8 dog hes not a big thing but hes a game little fella il try and put a pic up of him

i don t like the big types to be honest. Half crosses 23 or 24 the 5/8 was 24 also. nice handy types
yeah ive had a few big types mate had some big lads some were alrite then you get the big clumsy ones they always take alotblong to mature ive found could justvjust be me though where I work my dogs the quarry are in smaller fields I never really like to have anything bigger then 25tts I like something thats got a good take off and loves to hit cover

White dog 1/2 cross.sandy dog 3/8 5/820160310_180111.jpg

Nice labs!
Golden retriever.are you blind

Actually, I thought you were blind, I was thinking they might be your guide dogs
Are you the Friday morning messer
  • Like 1

B4C14F6C-76A0-4029-8364-A9603430D08F_zps55AF8646-CC46-44D1-B4DE-1F233B77D083_zps

that's him there

Nice terrier :thumbs: . I'm not saying that ALL bull x's are the same, as they're obviously not. And I don't mean some of the really athletic type pit/staff x greyhounds either. Also some lurchers with a bit of bull in are cracking dogs. But I just don't see the point in them, just bull/grey. Although I will admit many of them look impressive. Just my opinion :thumbs:

One of the best fox catching lurchers I've witnessed was a genuine first cross named rumour who was a half brother to the well known first cross Punch who was no slouch on the foxes either.I saw the dog find and catch 3 daytime foxes at 10 yrs old.But then again they were bred from proper bred bulldogs unlike a lot of these modern day bull crosses that are being bred out of big stupid mungrel bred bull types that's why they're producing plodding great useless things that couldn't catch a fox in a phone box.

• Like 6

One of the best fox catching lurchers I've witnessed was a genuine first cross named rumour who was a half brother to the well known first cross Punch who was no slouch on the foxes either.I saw the dog find and catch 3 daytime foxes at 10 yrs old.But then again they were bred from proper bred bulldogs unlike a lot of these modern day bull crosses that are being bred out of big stupid mungrel bred bull types that's why they're producing plodding great useless things that couldn't catch a fox in a phone box.

correct. The old dog I have now is over 10 yr old and still does 2 nights a week. He s slowing up on daytime stuff but it's to be expected. I put him to a pure bull and kept a bitch who a keeper has on a big estate. Handy bitch about 23" game as a pebble. We mated her at about 5 yr old to a big rangey well known dog. The pups were a picture but they finished big plodders like u mentioned. Straight line quick enough but no turn . Then when they hit stuff they were big enough to carry it about. And very hit and miss with stock. They brought nothing extra to the table than the little half crosses we were running.

DS Ive heard abit about rumour mainly that he could find a fox aswell is kill them and was looking for the next one as he dropped the first from his mouth a proper dog ...

find a fox is a bit of an understatement mate I saw him walk into a field winding the air run flat out to a piece of cover push a fox out and kill it after a short run.At another spot he marked an earth so we put a terrier in he spent the next 10 minutes walking around on top then he dived head first into a hole and pulled a fox out.
  • Like 6

DS Ive heard abit about rumour mainly that he could find a fox aswell is kill them and was looking for the next one as he dropped the first from his mouth a proper dog ...

find a fox is a bit of an understatement mate I saw him walk into a field winding the air run flat out to a piece of cover push a fox out and kill it after a short run.At another spot he marked an earth so we put a terrier in he spent the next 10 minutes walking around on top then he dived head first into a hole and pulled a fox out.

Sounds a cracking dog DS any pics of him

No mate I only ever saw the dog 3 times.Twice was to watch the dog work after hearing so many stories about the dog and once when I went up one night to breed him to my 3/8 5/8 bitch.

No mate I only ever saw the dog 3 times.Twice was to watch the dog work after hearing so many stories about the dog and once when I went up one night to breed him to my 3/8 5/8 bitch.

Ah right how did the litter turn out from your bitch DS you still got the line.

Ah right how did the litter turn out from your bitch DS you still got the line.
3 of the bitches were very fast and very game but took a lot of stick as they wernt the biggest of things and seemed to enjoy the fight rather than just getting the job finished but they put a lot of bigger dogs to shame and never needed company or a 4x4 to get their gear 1 bitch died young so did a dog that broke it's neck on its second time laming and there was 2 black dog pups that were smart as f**k they looked like strong greyhound pups with bully heads that i gave to someone who I thought was a mate and he promptly sold them a month later.And no I haven't kept a running dog since just after the ban came in.
  • Like 1