Eddie Chapman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing's for sure about Eddie Chapman. His first book was one of the best, most practical books ever written on the subject. Terrierwork can't be learned from a book but if a young lad was to ask

Hes a very nice old boy whos probably forgot more than most know on here (no offence)and in retirement hes earning a few quid selling show dogs.Whats wrong with that. Last time I spoke to him he was l

Eddie is a nice guy and always gave me the best of welcome the guy as forgotten more than most of the idiots on here know you can't please everyone

Saw a few of his dogs around 10/15 yr ago,very distinctive white with brindle/tri coloured heads mostly with a patch on the one side,hardy little buggers from what I remember,fox warren??atb dc

I swapped a bitch pup with him around that time and he Defo got the better deal,the bitch was weak and could not stay to ground,had eye infections all the time,she lost both eyes and was PTS in the end, Plucky

seen stuff out of his lines , very showy , I mean nice too have a nice working terrier , sadly people put the shows first and not the work , fairly big russells , not over impressed too be honest , that's just judged on a couple I seen , so not really a help as people seen a lot of his stuff may value them, and not really knowing enough about the lines going back fox warren , but just my opionion on little I seen

Dorset was and still is full of wealthy horsey type people that think it's a hoot to go to Portman /South dorset/cattistock lurcher terrier show . And add a leggy big terrier that looks nice and capable with keeping up whilst exercising the horses,plus a (pedigree) dog is more of a bragging point as is I paid xx amount for it.

There was old fella Wimborne way years ago he kept lurchers an terriers , ironically he went to South Wales to buy in stock,I had a white Lakeland russell pup out of his litter, and it was cheap.

Hes a very nice old boy whos probably forgot more than most know on here (no offence)and in retirement hes earning a few quid selling show dogs.Whats wrong with that. Last time I spoke to him he was laughing about the long legged things in the show ring being too tall for work but the misses looked like she had an agenda of her own...crufts glory..at any price.

Good luck Eddy.

• Like 7

Hes a very nice old boy whos probably forgot more than most know on here (no offence)and in retirement hes earning a few quid selling show dogs.Whats wrong with that. Last time I spoke to him he was laughing about the long legged things in the show ring being too tall for work but the misses looked like she had an agenda of her own...crufts glory..at any price.

Good luck Eddy

well said jeemes. been there done it and more. the old guy does right making a few pound in his retirement, theres still one or two people have his old working line in this country.

• Like 1

Good luck Eddy

well said jeemes. been there done it and more. the old guy does right making a few pound in his retirement, theres still one or two people have his old working line in this country.

There's also folk about who still have the stuff dear old Eddie started his off with :thumbs: ..

• Like 2

doesn't he have a few books out, has anyone read them are they any good?

yes hes a good book or two, the best in my opinion, the working jack russell terrier, not full of the usual self important shite.

• Like 3