Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Good and interesting stuff, old kd. Well said or put. Didn't agree with the bit about dd, I am sure he has it right. And on giving two dogs two different men and same dogs, some dog could be good in any man's hand, he be the same. But yes, good to have some common sense

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup ! I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls . Obviously they done t

Posted Images

I got bored and cut to the chase at the end, it's not macho, it's an honest opinion. I never said I'm doing it on my own, half the people I know have pissed down my back and told me it was raining at one time or other but I value their experience and the blood they hold in their garden. Without good friends and associates I couldn't breed what I keep in my yard. It's no good quoting a load of rubbish to make yourself sound clever, I have a yard of workers and have provided plenty to others, your welcome to see them in the flesh.

sorry if i bored anyone, actually thought it might be a bit more interesting than, thats bollox coz i say it is!, lol or similar terrierman speak lol my mistake there. regarding talking rubbish, well maybe i have got it wrong, and i guess we can all do a google search on genetics and decide that for ourselves ??? and sounding clever..wow...thats awesum, i didnt mean too, and i didnt think i had?... i think i need to print this and show it to the wife lol. but seriously, it was never meant as a personal go at you or anyone else, i never called anyone a clown,idiot, or anything else as far as i am aware? and regarding you and your mates stock, what i have heard on the grapevine is that its some of the best in the country and you are doing a splendid job of keeping the line right, so double thumbs up from me i say. credit where credits due. but i will maintain that i dont agree with your formula for making a terrier... and i personally think yours and others is largely due to having access to top (ns) blood more than classifying terriermen as clowns and idiots and witholding from others? probably wrong on that as well, but its my view. and regards the invite to view, wow, that would be really cool, nothing i like more than a chinwag about dogs and breeding, i might end up taking you up on that .....just promise you wont poison my brew first ;) oh and mixedgrill, did you really think it was good enough to be cut and paste...niiiicee...thanks for that man ;) keeping it real!!!!

• Like 1

I got bored and cut to the chase at the end, it's not macho, it's an honest opinion. I never said I'm doing it on my own, half the people I know have pissed down my back and told me it was raining at one time or other but I value their experience and the blood they hold in their garden. Without good friends and associates I couldn't breed what I keep in my yard. It's no good quoting a load of rubbish to make yourself sound clever, I have a yard of workers and have provided plenty to others, your welcome to see them in the flesh.

sorry if i bored anyone, actually thought it might be a bit more interesting than, thats bollox coz i say it is!, lol or similar terrierman speak lol my mistake there. regarding talking rubbish, well maybe i have got it wrong, and i guess we can all do a google search on genetics and decide that for ourselves ??? and sounding clever..wow...thats awesum, i didnt mean too, and i didnt think i had?... i think i need to print this and show it to the wife lol. but seriously, it was never meant as a personal go at you or anyone else, i never called anyone a clown,idiot, or anything else as far as i am aware? and regarding you and your mates stock, what i have heard on the grapevine is that its some of the best in the country and you are doing a splendid job of keeping the line right, so double thumbs up from me i say. credit where credits due. but i will maintain that i dont agree with your formula for making a terrier... and i personally think yours and others is largely due to having access to top (ns) blood more than classifying terriermen as clowns and idiots and witholding from others? probably wrong on that as well, but its my view. and regards the invite to view, wow, that would be really cool, nothing i like more than a chinwag about dogs and breeding, i might end up taking you up on that .....just promise you wont poison my brew first ;) oh and mixedgrill, did you really think it was good enough to be cut and paste...niiiicee...thanks for that man ;) keeping it real!!!!

Makes me chuckle.... DD might have had access to certain blood as you say but how many generations removed is his current stock. It was DD that dug to and went onto breed from certain terriers that he chose. So I guess what I'm getting at is when does he get the credit instead of Ns.?

Because it sounded like you were implying he was given good blood and that's why he has decent terriers now.

Like I say makes me chuckle. I saw a post the other day and a lad was saying how his dogs were from old buck and brey lines! Lol. Didn't mention the other 20 + dogs mated since! Lol

• Like 2

Thats it Cargol. How many others have had that exact same blood (NS) in the last 20-30 years but have squandered it and now have f**k all to show for it? Its not just a case of getting your hands on the blood and bingo youve cracked it. Its a case of working them hard for generation after generation and examining the bloodline and keeping it tight, and theres probably only a handful that have been successful at it.

• Like 2

Reading half this you,d think they fell from the sky line bred!! Lol.

Ns lines were made by outcrossing, there's dogs from dog pounds in some of the other stuff. Some of the other stuff down from ns stuff is pure dirt!!

Just work the fuckers and breed tight out of what's left!!

• Like 2

I used to hear and like it is with most names that get blown around, people using a name or the reputation of a dog, maybe in a audience or some one exploiting it,. and then it's anyone who got coin and the same ones are then experts on the breed

The bitch from the pound is in every single dog bar one in my yard and I'm proud to say it, she was very special.

I won't take credit for any of my breeding, I'm still chasing a given line and it'll see me out.

NS had some excellent terriers and produced dozens of top class terriers. Granted all of the original stuff was put together from out crosses but all the outcrosses were bred from top class stuff or were already being line bred. NS got kennel blind as do we all but all the lads I know with the blood continually add new blood but still blend back into the original family.

As for the pound bitch, you'd have to be a fool not to take a litter from a bitch as good as any dog in the country, where it goes from there is what counts.

• Like 5

The same bitch as my profile picture, she's 11 years old now and still working. I didn't breed her, Rhys bred her out of the GOAT. I can't and won't take any credit from Rhys or NS or any other keeper of this blood. She incidentally is the only bitch in my yard with no Jess blood in her, she was late to blossom but she's paid me back a thousand times over.post-55605-0-91761600-1453655305_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

The same bitch as my profile picture, she's 11 years old now and still working. I didn't breed her, Rhys bred her out of the GOAT. I can't and won't take any credit from Rhys or NS or any other keeper of this blood. She incidentally is the only bitch in my yard with no Jess blood in her, she was late to blossom but she's paid me back a thousand times over.

Very impressive looking wee bitch atb.

I've seen a litter bred in my yard that was the same lol.

I used DF's Browny on my Mo bitch, top class breeding all done with the right intention but it produced two iron hard dogs that were to stupid for their own good and four bitches that were pure shit. It's not an exact science but line breeding is more often than not the way forward, the secret is to be honest with yourself and to give everything an honest chance.

• Like 4

Dogs around now are so far removed from n's old stuff that it shouldn't be called it anymore imo, the dog's today are better than those produced by dummy chucker lol.you can't fault the likes of dd for keeping what they got,nick has had no input for a very long time,and has no right to call the shots,it all ended in tears first time round from what ive read/heard, it's dd and a few more lads that deserve the credit,they are the men that are progressing the breed and keeping the workers going.not you or I have any right to question the men that are staying true,take my hat off to them fairplay,if it's not broke then it don't need fixing.ask yourself why any terrierman would give an arm for dogs of that calibre?atb dc

• Like 2

Dogs around now are so far removed from n's old stuff that it shouldn't be called it anymore imo, the dog's today are better than those produced by dummy chucker lol.you can't fault the likes of dd for keeping what they got,nick has had no input for a very long time,and has no right to call the shots,it all ended in tears first time round from what ive read/heard, it's dd and a few more lads that deserve the credit,they are the men that are progressing the breed and keeping the workers going.not you or I have any right to question the men that are staying true,take my hat off to them fairplay,if it's not broke then it don't need fixing.ask yourself why any terrierman would give an arm for dogs of that calibre?atb dc

Your probably right and the same could be said for a lot of other lines around the country!

But these men are not in it for credit and that's why they succeed, show, fame or money are not the issue its about producing a tool to do a job!!

Atb Thrush.

• Like 5