Clearing Brambles

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think cushty is doing it on the sly a bit at a time....if he sets fire to it or uses a tractor the real owner might turn up and spoil his claim! :-)

5 litres of petrol and a match

he's only got red diesel

Ive got a couple of these on 4 or 5 foot poles, make light work of bramble, we use them for clearing over earths. Only difference is the ones we use are more crescent shape and have a hook on the back side so you can catch up and push away the bramble.

Cut some pathways through and divide the area up a bit, soon have it done, just make sure its sharp to start off with and no ones within range.

4f546b5335670f82727c1166cae3f042.jpg

• Like 1
Crap mate, not bad for long grass but no good for what you describe. Google garden master flail mower

Anyone used this machine

http://www.eckman.co.uk/shop/p-850-eckman-2-

stroke-petrol-wheeled-brush-cutter-and-line-trimmer.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_media=Product+Search&gclid=CJ3l0cvficoCFQkIwwodNFwAWg

Or total garage ?

I spent £360 a few years back on a wheeled trimmer was ok but wouldn't get another it's now sitting under a tarp down the holding I think head gasget gone I won't bother fixing it

Yeah mate, hand sycthe, clearing them brambles is hard graft, but its doable

What where you doing scything the. And raking it all up I might give it a bash by hand I'm going to clear it over a few years and spray it regually once cut

Yeah raked them up then.burned them lol

A decent brush cutter is better, large Shtil FS400 or similar.

A pedestrian flail will get in there. Scagg http://www.rtmachinery.co.uk/products-scag.htm , Hayter Condor or may be there is a modern equivalent.

Or as said a goat or/then a pig, yummy.

When I lived in Devon, I had five acres of bramble that was 5/6foot high.

I used a brush cutter and made small fires after cutting it up.

Then I used roundup weedkiller on it.

Went over and over it several times before killing it all.

Took fcukin months to do.

But eventually won the battle of the bramble and 6 month down the line with alot of work. Reseeded the area over and over. Within the year I had the horses grazing on the area that was bramble.

The hard work will help you lose those extra inches around your waist line.

I think cushty is doing it on the sly a bit at a time....if he sets fire to it or uses a tractor the real owner might turn up and spoil his claim! :-)

don't cut it all down just a good lump in the middle ;) one its yours cut the screening crap down and hey presto