Best Rod Ever

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im saying john wilson avon quiver. Ive just bought myself the signiture one and love it great tool

Iv'e got an old Edgar Sealy glass fiber spinning rod i inherited at 8, had it over 40 years, before anyone told me i needed a special rod for every situation, i caught everything on it   Modern r

So by reading this thread diawa whisker seem to be a popular choice among us anglers

Looking for a rod at the minute if anyone has reccommendations?10 foot or smaller,5-6lb test curve,going to use it with 80lb braid on a big pit reel.

Catmaster tackle dominators come in 4,5,6 and 8lb tc but they are 10.9ft and harrison do a 10ft 6lb torrix continental catfish rod

• Like 1

Looking for a rod at the minute if anyone has reccommendations?10 foot or smaller,5-6lb test curve,going to use it with 80lb braid on a big pit reel.

Catmaster tackle dominators come in 4,5,6 and 8lb tc but they are 10.9ft and harrison do a 10ft 6lb torrix continental catfish rod
I need something small mate,the fish often run under the jetty and a smaller rod can muscle them out,i used a 10 Foot spod rod 5lb tests curve a few years ago,it was ok when they ran out into the lake but when they came at me it didnt cut it,I will have a look at the sturgeon rod and a few others,the cats in the lake run up to 330? pounds and the arapaima are much bigger,i dont want to go over there for a week long session undergunned.

I think that the Ugly Stik Uptide 5-10oz is worth a look. It is 9' 6" and breaks just above the but to give a travelling length of around 7'. It will dead lift the same weight as my Fox 5.5lb tc spod rod but is far more forgiving and through actioned.

• Like 2

Diawa Paul Kerry bass rod 11ft had it about 23 years now it's still going strong minus the odd eye replacement landed lots including mullet, bass, carp, pike, snook, buff bream, snapper and stingray on it ! great all purpose rod.

I need something small mate,the fish often run under the jetty and a smaller rod can muscle them out,i used a 10 Foot spod rod 5lb tests curve a few years ago,it was ok when they ran out into the lake but when they came at me it didnt cut it,I will have a look at the sturgeon rod and a few others,the cats in the lake run up to 330? pounds and the arapaima are much bigger,i dont want to go over there for a week long session undergunned.

Daiwa do an 8.6ft 6lb tc and 9.2ft 5lb whisker catfish rod and from what I've been reading , the freespirit 10ft 6lb tc rods are used at gillhams

• Like 1

I think that the Ugly Stik Uptide 5-10oz is worth a look. It is 9' 6" and breaks just above the but to give a travelling length of around 7'. It will dead lift the same weight as my Fox 5.5lb tc spod rod but is far more forgiving and through actioned.

great rods , given them plenty of hammer over the years on allsorts ,stood the test of time unlike some others

great rods , given them plenty of hammer over the years on allsorts ,stood the test of time unlike some others
I'll third that, my youngest brother has one and it seems nigh on indestructible. :thumbs:

Best rod I ever bought is a 12 foot Daiwa Whisker Kevlar Match. Couldn't ask for a better rod for waggler or stick float fishing on rivers, although it did most of its work on lakes and I've had some glorious days using it, and..... I still have it :thumbs:

• Like 2