Really Old Photos

Marshman's excellent old photos got me going through some of the old stuff I have here. Not hunting related, but photos are like looking back in time. Can't get enough of them.

Going back in time:

My grandfather. I'd guess sometime before WW2. Best man I ever knew.

20151223_103905.jpg

My grandmother. I'd guess 1910-1920.

20151223_103918.jpg

No idea who this is. It's a relative, but the photo is proper old. Thick card rather than paper. Pre 1900 definitely. (If they had cameras then)

20151223_103926.jpg

Thanks marshman for giving me the idea. :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great pics lads.   I like the old pics as well. Below are some old family photos that I came across recently.     A granduncle of mine on the left. They are walking down O'Connell Street

photos of myself in the 60's,fat and happy i was lol

My Granddad WW1, Royal Horse Artillery.     Granddad in 1949     My Mum on right and Auntie, not long after WW2

Posted Images

Mate I love an old picture I can spend ages looking faces that have long since past . Your grandfather is a smart chap !

There is something about looking at old pictures and they are priceless.

He does look a cheeky chap walshie in a good way.

• Like 2

My mum has a good few pics of my old dad during his life as a fireman going back to the 50's,funny to look at and think they used to fight fires wearing that clobber,i'll try to get some off her to put up when i'm doing the xmas time visit bit and a good thread Walshie.. :victory: ...

• Like 1

I like collecting and looking at old photos and this one is a very thought provoking picture . Taken in Chicago 1948 the mother pregnant with child hides her head as she puts a sign up to sells her remaining children she sold them for $ 2 each !!

post-10031-0-78124600-1450870435_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No idea who this is. It's a relative, but the photo is proper old. Thick card rather than paper. Pre 1900 definitely. (If they had cameras then)

The Photographer was

Edward George Down, 5 and 6 Wootton Place, Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset

Edited by just-A-snap

Some great pics lads.

I like the old pics as well. Below are some old family photos that I came across recently.

temporary_zpssvkkuxqi.jpg

A granduncle of mine on the left. They are walking down O'Connell Street, Dublin. That's the GPO in the background and Nelsons pillar, which is no longer there as it was blown up. Must have been in the early years of the formation of the Irish Free State?

temporary_zpskwgqikij.jpg

Family and neighbours threshing.

temporary_zpsknl4etnw.jpg

My father and Grandfather.

• Like 14