Old School Lamps

Super Cibie .. that was a lens mate. My old mate's still got mine in the cupboard..with the Barber jacket full of rotten holes down the back from the bike batteries. Doorbell button for the on/off switch.

1st one was one of them square ones with the coiled springy leads for car inspection lamps from Halfords.. . Now that had some spread...heheee

Them square lamps were shite haha but we all had em haha..these young uns have never lived mate lol..."when we were lads" lmao

I still got mine £2 from Salvation Army shop,lol
  • Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being fully satisfied, with the commercially produced , imported spotlights on offer,...I once thought it a great idea to design my own prefered type of hunting light,...I found a local company an

All old school lamps I had was all hand made, wish I still had mine but. Had some bloody good nights with It, Consisted of a Morris minor head light with a motor bike handle some how stuck to it with

Fancy that happening,,

Posted Images

We were skint,we were kids,but we had one of those square lamps rigged up to a car-battery in an old haversack padded out with an old coat so it didn't skin the small of our back as we trudged mile after mile,the battery got heavier and heavier as the night wore on,battery acid eroded the haversack and our clothes alike,but we had a lot of fun and even managed to catch stuff with our second-rate dogs that we thought were legends :laugh:

• Like 7

Super Cibie .. that was a lens mate. My old mate's still got mine in the cupboard..with the Barber jacket full of rotten holes down the back from the bike batteries. Doorbell button for the on/off switch.

1st one was one of them square ones with the coiled springy leads for car inspection lamps from Halfords.. . Now that had some spread...heheee

I did a hell of alot of lamping with those square lamps....they must have been about 50,000 cp at the best! A fiver i think they were but to a boy who had no money, a fiver was alot of money! :D

I tried several car spotlights but none were as good as the old Lucas....

Still got one in the motor, ok for a quick recce out the window on my way home from late shift :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Not being fully satisfied, with the commercially produced , imported spotlights on offer,...I once thought it a great idea to design my own prefered type of hunting light,...I found a local company and we all sat down around a table and created a genuinely useful, after dark dazzler....

For the life of me , I cannot remember what we christened the tool,..but it was a sleek jet black thing,...great powerful innards, powered by a chored battery off an Angel's hog , its charge pushing out a terrific shaft of blinding white light...

We used what is termed, as a momentary switch,..it was activated by squeezing the handle, which in turn,..fired off the beam,..no sharp clicks and warning noises to spook nervy quarry,...it was a useful, classy item and I had high hopes of getting them produced and sold in the hundreds to my fellow night hunting enthusiasts, throughout the UK....

Alas, the greedy factory owners regaled on our initial 'gentleman's agreement' and stole my canny idea..........I was annoyed,... :censored:

My money spinning dynasty was over, before it had even got off the ground...!

But what of the lamp,...did it ever catch on,...?

Was it a great financial success, for the sly weasels that had mugged me off ?

Alas, no,....the wee factory was always run on a shoestring,.. there was scant Health and Safety in place,..in short, it was always an accident, waiting to happen..

So, it was no surprise to me and all the local lamping crew, when we saw the black smoke curling high into the evening skyline,...and during one dark night, the ramshackle place literally,... burnt to the ground..

Such is life....

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 9

Not being fully satisfied, with the commercially produced , imported spotlights on offer,...I once thought it a great idea to design my own prefered type of hunting light,...I found a local company and we all sat down around a table and created a genuinely useful, after dark dazzler....

For the life of me , I cannot remember what we christened the tool,..but it was a sleek jet black thing,...great powerful innards, powered by a chored battery off an Angel's hog , its charge pushing out a terrific shaft of blinding white light...

We used what is termed, as a momentary switch,..it was activated by squeezing the handle, which in turn,..fired off the beam,..no sharp clicks and warning noises to spook nervy quarry,...it was a useful, classy item and I had high hopes of getting them produced and sold in the hundreds to my fellow night hunting enthusiasts, throughout the UK....

Alas, the greedy factory owners regaled on our initial 'gentleman's agreement' and stole my canny idea..........I was annoyed,... :censored:

My money spinning dynasty was over, before it had even got off the ground...!

But what of the lamp,...did it ever catch on,...?

Was it a great financial success, for the sly weasels that had mugged me off ?

Alas, no,....the wee factory was always run on a shoestring,.. there was scant Health and Safety in place,..in short, it was always an accident, waiting to happen..

So, it was no surprise to me and all the local lamping crew, when we saw the black smoke curling high into the evening skyline,...and during one dark night, the ramshackle place literally,... burnt to the ground..

Such is life....

File0158.jpg

That's still what's needed Phil, a lamp designed by someone who actually knows what the lamping game is all about, i remember the warrener brought out a lamp years ago looked like a modified lazerlite with a cowl and a magnetic filter, i ordered one but they had sold out, they must'nt have been much cop though as he went on to use the lightforces like most people, be good to see coleman return with a new range of lamps, the tips would be full of lightforces with their moody wiring lol
  • Like 1

I use to use the Lucas LR9, i still use the BlueEye, and the Coleman 400,000, i have a brand new still boxed 1 million candle power lamp with the handle what turns into a tripod, the ones in the 80,s what you could buy from Argos, big lamp like a Blitz, to be honest i prefer the old school type lamps there more robust, and made better than alot of lamps made today. regards collie john.

I had the tripod style one too, albeit the 1500000cp version, think mine was made by sealey and you could lamp the moon with this thing lol glass lens though which was shit when you banged it and it broke, and if I wasn't such a fat c**t I'd have ended up on the road lamping from the motor.

My first lamp was an old Land Rover headlamp mounted onto 2 ft broom handle and wired to a 12volt car battery I went through some amount of postman so sacks and game bags and the left hand side of my trousers and jacket were burnt with battery acid ....I don't miss the nights freezing my tits aff sitting on the spare tyre on an old Land Rover s bonnet looking for Charlie

• Like 2

I use to use the Lucas LR9, i still use the BlueEye, and the Coleman 400,000, i have a brand new still boxed 1 million candle power lamp with the handle what turns into a tripod, the ones in the 80,s what you could buy from Argos, big lamp like a Blitz, to be honest i prefer the old school type lamps there more robust, and made better than alot of lamps made today. regards collie john.

I had the tripod style one too, albeit the 1500000cp version, think mine was made by sealey and you could lamp the moon with this thing lol glass lens though which was shit when you banged it and it broke, and if I wasn't such a fat c**t I'd have ended up on the road lamping from the motor.

Was that the Prolight mate ?, wish i had one of them still they were the business for the fast stuff on the wide open arable, and all for twenty notes