Nighthunter Whippets?

47 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

One of the best dogs I've had the pleasure of owning came off mike brown. yet another dog i wish i had something off in my kennels!

same here mate got a whippet mike bred at a bad time in my life....that wee dog left a big hole when he went

• Like 3

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to hear some conversation regarding Whippets...? When I first came South from my native Wales, we settled in Portsmouth... There was a long tradition of poaching/mouching style of roust

Had great times with her, i never came home empty handed, and never took more than i needed

people define game in different ways. I call it driven. a game little rabbit dog, one with plenty of drive will work nettles, brambles, gorse, etc. when right on it's rabbit heading for cover it won't

Posted Images

I have a dog he's 11 now straight out of "strikewhiletheironshot"........absolute warrior never knows whens he's beat,ive had quite a few whippets and never had one with the stamina this lad has had in his life. He's had all quary and i mean all......he is as hard as nails, he's a proper mans dog and loves to be around people , so yes i can defiantly vouch for Mike Brown's strain of whippet.....?

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Oh feck I think I best be looking elsewhere for a stud dog if whippets are fetching them prices ?

actualy mate the stud prices are pretty much the same....£200 - £300

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ADAM C said:

. He's had all quary and i mean all......he is as hard as nails, he's a proper mans dog and loves to be around people

I always smile when people that have never owned or worked a whippet comment on how shy, nervous and cowardly they are. I don't even bother commenting on their lack of insight on the breed.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I always smile when people that have never owned or worked a whippet comment on how shy, nervous and cowardly they are. I don't even bother commenting on their lack of insight on the breed.

Whippets are underrated it kills me when you see threads on here people asking for a  small ferreting/mooching/ lamping dog everyone avoids saying whippet they giving it the thin skin,cowardly,nervous shivering skinny cut talk always say is what you want is a beddy whippet ive been round quite a few working whippets I come in to the game with them been around them pretty regularly up until 6-7yrs ago same as the beddy whippets they’ve always been there as well if I wanted a small running dog I’d have a male working whippet 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Whippets are underrated it kills me when you see threads on here people asking for a  small ferreting/mooching/ lamping dog everyone avoids saying whippet they giving it the thin skin,cowardly,nervous shivering skinny cut talk always say is what you want is a beddy whippet ive been round quite a few working whippets I come in to the game with them been around them pretty regularly up until 6-7yrs ago same as the beddy whippets they’ve always been there as well if I wanted a small running dog I’d have a male working whippet 

I still think they are the gamest breed of running dog considering their size and build. There might be some but I've never seen one example that lacked courage, most have too much for their own good.

• Like 3
On 02/11/2015 at 20:33, Stud dog said:

last pic is a pup off my bitch ferreting mooching bitch brilliant nose on her few lads on hear seen this bitch work an will agree this bitch pulls more then her weight when out no mike brown no nightrunner just working dog to working dog an never had a problem with her feet not one

post-90629-0-61770800-1446495634_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-55727800-1446495675_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-08784200-1446495892_thumb.jpg

post-90629-0-08279000-1446496031.jpg

Looks like terrier in there 

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I’ve never seen one I’d feed good for rabbiting ferreting small land but not big open wet land theyd pull wouldn’t even last a season stand there shivering ? one best fox dogs I seen was a little 22” bedlington whippet though  

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I’ve never seen one I’d feed good for rabbiting ferreting small land but not big open wet land theyd pull wouldn’t even last a season stand there shivering ? one best fox dogs I seen was a little 22” bedlington whippet though  

I wouldn't take mine pigging in rain forest because they're rabbit dogs. 

• Like 1