Update On The National Lurcher Club.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am here again! Thank you Flynn, very kind of you. A momentary glitch now sorted out. Age has a few advantages, and dare I say it, having seen many times over the years the results of bitter infighti

As long as it is not done for personal gain why knock these guys? anyone who can make a stand no matter how small against legislation or future legislation needs encouragement, all the best lads...sti

I have been reading the posts on this subject and have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurch

Are you the spokes man for this group? If not I have as much right to post as you. If you dont like it tough you dont answer my question so why should I take notice of your posts bar criticism

Y.I.S Leeview

I am a potential member and will when all the facts are presented then make my own decision.IF i want to be a member or stand for the committee that is my choice not yours so as you say tough. Those involved probably would reply to your input but maybe they have no inclination to enter into your little game. As for criticism you first need knowledge do you have any ?

A lot of knowledge and what I dont know I ask questions and expect an answer unless there's something to hide by with holding your answer?

Y.I.S Lee

:laugh::thumbs:

So its 4 unknown people meeting on behalf of all lurcher folk? Ive not seen

Anywhere for ideas to be pitched for the meeting. If this groups go the right way it could explode but atm its more likely an implosion. None of whats actually happening is clear amd good suggestions seem to be getting ignored

• Like 2

All this negativity..... :icon_eek::no: :no: make no wonder we get little positive coverage......

This is a chance for all those who have critisised the CA to get behind a lurcher club/group and show solidarity, support and to show that we are a branch of hunting that has a strong and passionate following.

• Like 2

It cant be replied to and just says what those 4 people have agreed

there is another post that can be commented on. If you have anything to add feel free. We intended the locked topic to act as an update, where the information would not get lost in drawn out threads. Which is what happened on Giro's original thread. The open topic gives anyone the right to add their thoughts and opinions.

If any body has something that they want to add at this early stage, then feel free. Any percieved lack of feedback is not because of secrecy, but because we are busy preparing, so that those who value the lurcher and its work have a chance to be recognised. Next weeks meeting will undoubtedly be the first of many such hurdles and stepping stones.

• Like 2

I think jd thats half the problem though, people are half afraid to have someone else represent them as we dont get anything positive

We have to represent ourselves. We do it through our actions, words and staying true to our core beliefs. The whole point of the lurcher association is to create a united front, so those that we choose to be our political allies have faith that we are worth more than just our words.

• Like 2

mushroom I wont bother pming again your box is full

Y.I.S Leeview

You've always seemed pretty straight to me over the years on here, even offered advice when I needed it from your expertise... But this come on ffs pm me the issue, sort it out.

Hats off to those that are taking time out of their lives and traveling at their own expense for meetings...

Those that are sulking about not being on the team, do something constructive and get involved! Like its already been said, put up or shut up...

All I read about lurchers and coursing in the media is negative to say the least, we are all in criminal gangs bla bla bla... We've heard it all before.. Be a breath of fresh air to see an organisation like the CA defend and promote our preferred way of hunting like our ancestors have done for hundreds of years..

There will be a lot of fence sitters being swayed by LACS bullshit, and if there is ever to be a repeal on the hunting ban I think it starts with public opinion.. To be honest, I bet 90% of people on here couldn't care less what the public think, but if you want to be able to do things legally and make permission easier to get, you should start giving a shit..

• Like 4

Good luck with Your new club, THL is the tip of the iceberg, and if You cannot handle the flack You are getting on here, heaven help You in the * real* world, Decorum and diplomacy are called for. :thumbs:

You would have done far better had You retained Penny, who knows how to conduct herself.

I am here again! Thank you Flynn, very kind of you. A momentary glitch now sorted out. Age has a few advantages, and dare I say it, having seen many times over the years the results of bitter infighting destroy any chance of success in a project, I have an overview which, although sometimes hard to put into words, may be of use to this new group.

The words 'afraid' and 'fear' at what drives a lot of people to react in the way they do. We are afraid that whatever we do won't achieve anything. We are afraid of losing our few remaining rights. We are afraid of being mocked or belittled by our peers.

I'd rather look at what we can do: my own desires lie less in the political arena and more with the welfare of the lurcher and how I can improve our understanding and training of our dogs in the field, but it is in the political arena that we have make a start. We need to give lurcher owners, working or not, real and open pride in their achievements and abilities, not just within our own 'family', but in the eyes of other field sports communities. We can only do this if we hold our heads high no matter that our current situation is less than desirable.

Given the right framework we can chip away at negative perceptions. We can influence the media in a positive way, even though that media hate the idea of any positivism. The media don't care about us, they only use us to sell their stuff. They use negative emotions to succeed in their mission. If we stoop to their level we become no better than they.

The long road is the hardest, and being positive is the hardest thing of all when the world seems so negative. This new organisation is the first positive step in bringing a change in how the public, CA and government see us. Let's not forget that the ban had nothing to do with animal welfare at all, and merely targeted a vulnerable section of our sport who had insisted on bringing it into disrepute with their attitudes and ignorance. Reversing all that negativity will be hard, but with many of us together, all fighting to improve how others see us, we can make a change. We have to believe that and stop attacking each other.

• Like 9