Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

11 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

So is a lurchers; seen them Jack running the lamp on bunnies let alone when something is going to chuck them about at the end of the run. 

Well obviously those lurchers didn't have much about them if they were jacking running bunnies. 

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Scott lives in Alabama buddy, his kennels are still running I believe. 

Can you explain what difference it makes whether the hog is dispatched or captured, the dog still has to keep old until it's broken off and no longer needed? 

I think you're of the belief that I think the American Bulldog is gamer than an APBT? 

Are they f**k but there's no doubt the extra weight does give them more stopping power be that for hog work or man work. 

Now of course the percentages of good dogs will be a lot lower than APBT's because the testing and breeding isn't behind them like the APBT. 

But the facts are you don't need dogs from game lines to carry out the task of a catch dog. 

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years.

One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 lbs.She wasn't from game lines just a bulldog.The biggest hog I personally caught was with a half gamebred half showbred 40lb bitch.She received 110 stitches inside her mouth and around jaw from hog damage as she was trying to catch on ear.Once she caught it was over even with the damage.

Big dog big target in Dixie 

When you leg a  big hog and try to throw him this is when many catchdogs will quit because that hog knows you got his back legs he will give that dog all he's got in the few seconds it takes to throw him.This is an animal that punches holes hard fast and continueaus If the dog quits then you are simply holding a big wild boar by yourself.Its dangerous.You must trust the dog with your life and I don't trust AB.

Also in Dixie it's considered unsportsmanlike to need more than one catchdog.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years.

One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 lbs.She wasn't from game lines just a bulldog.The biggest hog I personally caught was with a half gamebred half showbred 40lb bitch.She received 110 stitches inside her mouth and around jaw from hog damage as she was trying to catch on ear.Once she caught it was over even with the damage.

When you leg a  big hog and try to throw him this is when many catchdogs will quit because that hog knows you got his back legs he will give that dog all he's got in the few seconds it takes to throw him.This is an animal that punches holes hard fast and continueaus If the dog quits then you are simply holding a big wild boar by yourself.Its dangerous.You must trust the dog with your life and I don't trust AB.

That’s good reading that and very close to a conversation I had not long ago when a lad was telling me about going at bigger stuff . 

Interesting knowledge ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its mental really.

Dogfox has never caught a boar with a dog.

He has seen loads of clips on YouTube though.

Rickshaw knows the crack with boar hunting since he was a kid.

And knows lads who have spent there lives hunting boar with dogs.

And yet dogfox won't believe what he says.

Fecking classic hunting life antics. 

Fantastic for a Friday night.

Dogfox your head is totally fecked lad ??

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

He ain’t wrong either tho is he, all he said is there dogs doing it on vids an there is?

I’ve got vids of me giving my missis  an orgasm but i think she maybe making it look good for the video ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

I’ve got vids of me giving my missis  an orgasm but i think she maybe making it look good for the video ?

Rare footage that? keep hold of it to show the grandkids. ??

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, king said:

Its mental really.

Dogfox has never caught a boar with a dog.

He has seen loads of clips on YouTube though.

Rickshaw knows the crack with boar hunting since he was a kid.

And knows lads who have spent there lives hunting boar with dogs.

And yet dogfox won't believe what he says.

Fecking classic hunting life antics. 

Fantastic for a Friday night.

Dogfox your head is totally fecked lad ??

It's like this. 

You've never gone paragliding. 

You have watched gliders on videos pull tricks & stunts you could only dream of, manoeuvres like the double barrel helicopter. 

You get talking to one of your pals on paragliders are saddos.com and one of your buddies on the forum claims the double barrel helicopter is "Impossible, can't be done!" 

Now you've seen it happen with your own eyes, read accounts of it happening, seen others confirming it happen,  yet your buddy on paragliders are saddos.com says it's impossible. 

Now who's head is f****d? ???

Edited by Greb147
17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

He ain’t wrong either tho is he, all he said is there dogs doing it on vids an there is?

I'm saying it through gritted teeth but thank you, nice to have a bit of intelligence on this topic. ?

52 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Nice post but a few questions, if the dog has a good hold of the pig by the ear then how much stick will it actually take from a hog that you say is giving it it's all? 

So you had Scott around for tea, do you acknowledge that he bred AB's that were used has catch dogs? The same has Hines, Bailey, Casey? 

Again this is not a competition of what you think is better, just asking in general. 

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's like this. 

You've never gone paragliding. 

You have watched gliders on videos pull tricks & stunts you could only dream of, manoeuvres like the double barrel helicopter. 

You get talking to one of your pals on paragliders are saddos.com and one of your buddies on the forum claims the double barrel helicopter is "Impossible, can't be done!" 

Now you've seen it happen with your own eyes, read accounts of others seeing it happen yet your buddy says it's impossible. 

Now who's head is f****d? ???

Dogfox

I hope you realise that the world hasn't evolved by people sitting on the sofa constantly thinking 'What If' 

I think it was the Wright brothers who first flew an aeroplane.

Now why did they do that?

The reason they done that is because for 1000's of years man has looked into the sky's and wondering what it would be like to fly like a bird.

And nowadays you can carry a large rucksack up a mountain containing nothing but nylon and cord that's a  paraglider.

And if you are willing to and believe in yourself.you to can fly like a bird.

How many children imagine flying.running around with there arms open making a aeroplane noise.

Maybe 99% of kids.

if you want to do anything in life.you can dogfox. 

The only thing holding you back is yourself.

And if you dedicate your self to wanting to learn to ride a superbikes fast.

And jumping off crests in the road at 130/150 and also flying through the air 

Then yes you can do that aswell.

Have a little look at this short vid dogfox

imagine the adrenalin buzz doing that.