Nice One David Cameron

MPs are steeling themselves for what is likely to be one of the most impassioned debates of the new parliament, with the news that the Government is planning a vote on whether to modify the Hunting Act to allow the widespread return of fox hunting.

The vote, which was promised in the Conservative manifesto, would substantially loosen restrictions on hunting with hounds.

It would remove the "two dog limit" and allow the "flushing and shooting" of foxes using packs of hounds - but would keep traditional hunting illegal,

It is a measure that will appeal to traditionalists in Tory ranks, though there is a substantial body of opinion within the parliamentary party that is vehemently opposed to change.

Government sources point out that the change would bring the law into line with the existing situation in Scotland where the most controversial forms of hunting such as hare-coursing are outlawed.

MPs will speculate that the way ministers are framing the change means that SNP MPs could be accused of inconsistency if they object.

The parliamentary arithmetic is hard to call.

What is not in doubt is that the debate will be fiery and ill-tempered.

Few debates arouse such strength of feeling among parliamentarians as this.

David Cameron's spokeswoman said: "The Prime Minister has made clear several times that he believes in the freedom to hunt."

She added that the Government remains committed to its manifesto pledge to repeal the Hunting Act.

Robbie Marsland, director of the League Against Cruel Sports, said: "This is nothing but sneaking hunting in through the back door.

"By amending the Hunting Act like this, the Government are deliberately and cynically making it easier for hunts to chase and kill foxes, and harder for them to be convicted when they break the law.

"This is not about hunting foxes for pest control. It's about hunting foxes for fun.

"David Cameron pledged to hold a free vote on bringing back hunting but clearly they know they couldn't win. So now they are using deception to fool the public."

Sold down the river again

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a combination of f#cktards with camera phones and face book hasn't helped our cause either

People who show the white flag at the first sign of a skirmish dont help anyones cause. i will carry on with my country activities regardless , would rather do it within the law to the best of my abi

With all due respect, I don't think you actually grasp the law.   It is illegal to hunt fox or hare with hounds. it is illegal to hunt fox or hare with lurchers. It is legal to flush fox and hare

looks like they will look after the toffs,

The hare coursing lads were the real victims of the hunting ban,with no real way around it,fox hunters had drag hunting (really)

Reasonable possibility fox hunting reinstated hare coursing still banned.Hope there is a middle way for coursing the way we should have gone in 2005.

• Like 2

looks like they will look after the toffs,

The hare coursing lads were the real victims of the hunting ban,with no real way around it,fox hunters had drag hunting (really)

Reasonable possibility fox hunting reinstated hare coursing still banned.Hope there is a middle way for coursing the way we should have gone in 2005.

were still alright here so far.lol

People who show the white flag at the first sign of a skirmish dont help anyones cause. i will carry on with my country activities regardless , would rather do it within the law to the best of my abilities, I will try to stop my dogs "INTENDING" to kill anything . but their intent appears to be a lot stronger than my intent to stop them. :laugh:

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 9

People who show the white flag at the first sign of a skirmish dont help anyones cause. i will carry on with my country activities regardless , would rather do it within the law to the best of my abilities, I will try to stop my dogs "INTENDING" to kill anything . but their intent appears to be a lot stronger than my intent to stop them. :laugh:

Lol..?