Town Smashes 600 Seagulls Eggs

Town besieged by seagulls smashes 600 eggs in crackdown ahead of tourist season

I wonder how long it will be before the RSPCA / RSPCB begin to take the whole town to court? lol!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11706888/Town-besieged-by-seagulls-smashes-600-eggs-in-crackdown-ahead-of-tourist-season.html

• Like 4

The Hawks don't work, they tried them as well as removing eggs, which they still do, but with the hawks, yes the birds flew to another part of town, then quickly returned when the hawks were back in their van, and the council bill for hawks was not cheap, they stopped the Hawk contract.

• Like 1

Their has to be a eggsplanation ... :whistling: ...

Eggsactlly

Lads this is a sereous matter done be cracking yokes about it!!

Jesus its like walking on eggshells you have to be eggstra careful what you post on here but on the sunny side less vermin about

Edited by peterhunter86

It could act as a good deterrent for the birds. I remember a guy doing an inland colony of black headed gulls once. They've never returned!!

Neil, not necessarily. As with geese, the eggs take a good while to hatch, so to disturb the birds nesting season will disturb them for good this year.

I remember them doing that ion buildings in a dockyard twenty years ago , I think it should be more widespread get them off buildings and back to the cliffs, there feeding on fast food litter and breeding too many too fast

• Like 1