Any Lads Had "the Snip" ???

Well I'm going for "the snip" next week and in all honesty I'm not looking forward to it at all :(

Dr told me it's very easy and quick procedure and they're knocking me out but I'm more concerned about the days/weeks later for recovery...

I've taken 5 days off work which includes "D day" and I'm hoping to be out mooching/walking the whippet with them days but unsure if wise idea or is it best to use them days for rest/recovery ??? I know I'm not going hunting with the rifle and jumping fences for couple weeks ha ha...

Also is there much pain/discomfort afterwards ???

Any help or advice appreciated from Lads that's been there and done it ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't there a chap last year that went in for one and they f***ing castrated him? Mix up in understanding.....   I'm sure it'll be alright.

Had mine done about 24 years ago, had to use a vet and horse tranquillisers because I,m so hung 

?

Most lads I know who had it done were fine after the first week. I knew one lad who tried to be a hero & go back to manual labour the day after & payed heavily haha...

Looks like I'll be having it done after we knock this one out, two's enough at our age :-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Knocking you out and 5 days off work ?!!!! feckin hell mate, i had it done last year, walked in quick jab, load of iodine, bit of pulling and rummaging and all done in 10 mins. i think there are two procedures to be honest and mine was less intrusive. didnt hurt one bit, just felt a bit funny when he was pulling the tubes around :blink:

Walked out smiling and back at work next morning :toast:

• Like 5

Knocking you out and 5 days off work ?!!!! feckin hell mate, i had it done last year, walked in quick jab, load of iodine, bit of pulling and rummaging and all done in 10 mins. i think there are two procedures to be honest and mine was less intrusive. didnt hurt one bit, just felt a bit funny when he was pulling the tubes around :blink:

That's reassuring :-)

Physically it will be no problem, mentally dont let it get your head being a gelding with no purpose in life and the last bit of dignity in life taken away. You will be fine i wouldnt do it though.

That's just proper cracked me up ;)

Physically it will be no problem, mentally dont let it get your head being a gelding with no purpose in life and the last bit of dignity in life taken away. You will be fine i wouldnt do it though.

That's just proper cracked me up ;)

That's reassuring :-)

Sounds better than Dr explained it ;)

Only getting knocked out due to Docs advice but you put me a bit more at ease :)

I'm only losing 3 days off work in total and reckon I deserve them anyways for putting myself through such a traumatic operation and keeping the wife happy lol ;)

I've had it.

Hope to be going out for a mooch with the dogs' I laughed at that.

Don't do anything to strenuous would be my advice.

I had to take 4 weeks off due to an infection. The gp asked if the consultant mentioned any complications and tut tutted when I said no. Feckin sore.