Here Is Your Best Chance To Do Something About Getting The Hunting Ban Repealed

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in t

I sent this reply....     Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your de

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teach

Posted Images

The lacs are fighting a good publicity campaign while the C/A , and other pro hunting organisations are lack lustre and slow in the pro hunting counter publicity , now is the time to takethe fight to them not sit idle until Cameron does another u turn.

• Like 4

The lacs are fighting a good publicity campaign while the C/A , and other pro hunting organisations are lack lustre and slow in the pro hunting counter publicity , now is the time to takethe fight to them not sit idle until Cameron does another u turn.

Couldnt of said it better DB, the CA and the rest are very quiet compared to the loonies, these are the people that are supposed to be fighting this and there hasnt been a peep yet, shame really as this is where they earn their money.

• Like 2

I sent a message to SACS about 3 weeks ago asking what campaign are they organising on behalf of English welsh and Nothern Ireland members I still have not received a responce , Have any member sof C/A or BASC had any information sent to them ?

CA only ever seem to discuss fox hunting with hounds (never seem to mentiion ED's or RD's) , the Hunting Act doesnt seem to be on their agenda as long as the packs are aloud to hunt then i think they'll be happy unfortunatley.

• Like 1

CA only ever seem to discuss fox hunting with hounds (never seem to mentiion ED's or RD's) , the Hunting Act doesnt seem to be on their agenda as long as the packs are aloud to hunt then i think they'll be happy unfortunatley.

In my opinion the CA have always dropped a bollock with this. Hunting with hounds, even to the layman, is an emotive subject now. 'Working class' hunting, rabbiting ferreting would be a better line to go down in some cases but sadly the CA are almost fecking usless and have squandered 'our' money fighting a piss poor campaign for the only fieldsport they are interested in, hounds!

Dear Christy

Thank you for indicating your view on the Hunting Act. I have received the same representations from some others as well as the messages from other constituents against repeal.

While I note the views which constituents convey to me, I obviously cannot agree with them all. On this matter, I have to share with you that I would be opposing any moves in the House of Commons to repeal the Act.

Yours Sincerely

Mark Durkan MP

This was my MP response, a month after I sent the email, in not very happy.

mark durkan form Northern Ireland?.

In my opinion the CA have always dropped a bollock with this. Hunting with hounds, even to the layman, is an emotive subject now. 'Working class' hunting, rabbiting ferreting would be a better line to go down in some cases but sadly the CA are almost fecking usless and have squandered 'our' money fighting a piss poor campaign for the only fieldsport they are interested in, hounds!

Im not sure but it seem like theirs some sort of division even in the dog game not just hunting in general, everyone out to protect there own, time will tell...

• Like 1

Dear Christy

Thank you for indicating your view on the Hunting Act. I have received the same representations from some others as well as the messages from other constituents against repeal.

While I note the views which constituents convey to me, I obviously cannot agree with them all. On this matter, I have to share with you that I would be opposing any moves in the House of Commons to repeal the Act.

Yours Sincerely

Mark Durkan MP

This was my MP response, a month after I sent the email, in not very happy.

mark durkan form Northern Ireland?.

Yeah mate

Well my MP replied on proper House of Commons notepaper and everything. :tongue2:

He's a Lib Dem so I didn't expect too much but the gist of his letter is that he will back a repeal of the Hunting Act.

Well done Mark Williams. :thumbs:

walshie I got same, different mp, but nice paper and a positive answer, ain't we supposed to forward them on tho, do we forward on the letters??

I thought we were supposed to forward it on if it was email. I'll check my email later and see if there's a postal address on it.

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teaching. As a precursor, I gave them a herding and ferreting demonstration in the hall using wolf/deer and collie/sheep masks as well as my old kelpie , Rusty, and a couple of ferrets.

I was always one of those people who kept quiet about what I did for fear of being criticised but I'm always pleasantly surprised by the number of others who either enjoy field sports or "went ferreting with Grandad."

Also, whenever I teach food chains and food webs in Key Stage 2 (7 - 11) I make sure I put in badgers and foxes eating chickens and lambs. Every little helps!

• Like 6