Ye Olde Fighting Cocks

Go to solution Solved by kirstysdad,

Black boy still near me

Is that the one in the cray ?

I used to live across the road from The Black Boy in SE9.

Had a picture of a young black army drummer on the sign, in Napoleonic-era uniform.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These people are fukcing nuts .......

Good old British heritage bein swept away from under are feet by the day real shame..

Errrr CLAIMS to be the oldest! Nottingham isn't about to give that title away just yet. LOL

Theres a pub called The Cockpit round the corner from St Pauls Cathedral............how much more tradition and heritage has the Englishman got to give up on !

Know it well...cracking little back street boozer...down to earth not touristy...best pint of Guinness in London in my opinion..authentic grumpy no nonsense landlady :laugh: pub is full of Cock fighting memorabilia

Theres also a Fighting Cocks in Lowestoft...not sure if its still open

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE
  • Like 1

The Cocks is a nice little boozer, I'm in the town next to it and have spent many a time going pub to pub in St Albans....there's fecking loads of em!!

its hard work doing them all,iv tried many a time lol

• Like 1

There's a fighting cocks in Kingston upon Thames.

Just out of interest, what's you new local called ?

I've been in the Lamb and Flag, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is, and I used to go in the Union Flag in Maidstone.......they'll be picketed by antifa's now, I should think ! :)

One of the years we were over for the Waterloo Cup we were to meet some friends in The Queens Arms in Ormskirk but we couldn't find it.

Being a bit drunk I asked a very pretty girl who we met on a street "could you direct me to the Queens Legs please ?"

"They're under her arse" she said.

Fair play to her she walked us to the pub.

• Like 1

There's a fighting cocks in Kingston upon Thames.

Just out of interest, what's you new local called ?

I've been in the Lamb and Flag, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is, and I used to go in the Union Flag in Maidstone.......they'll be picketed by antifa's now, I should think ! :)

New local is called the Three Horseshoes. Lamb and Flag is in Covent Garden if that's the one you're on about. Or is that the Lamb and Staff?

New local is called the Three Horseshoes. Lamb and Flag is in Covent Garden if that's the one you're on about. Or is that the Lamb and Staff?

Lamb & Flag is Covent Garden.......Bear & Staff is Leicester Square ;) .....well its actually on the junction with Charing Cross Rd but think its still classed as Leicester Square.

My new local is called "MuXXXXXs Hardware store and iron mongers" and that's the truth !!........go in for a padlock and chain oil and you go out back to the bar for a pint !!.......open from 9 to 5 everyday bar Sunday !! Lol

• Like 1

Lamb & Flag is Covent Garden.......Bear & Staff is Leicester Square ;) .....well its actually on the junction with Charing Cross Rd but think its still classed as Leicester Square.

No its neither of them........I definitely wasn't in Lond9n at the time. It'll come to me......senility is a terrible thing !

No its neither of them........I definitely wasn't in Lond9n at the time. It'll come to me......senility is a terrible thing !

Theres also another Lamb & Flag just off Oxford Street in Mayfair i forget the road its in now.