.177 Or .22

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go...........   Both mate. It doesn't matter. Honestly. Hit the spot and its dead.   Learn your aim points with a .22     Mount your glass as low as possible for a .177 and just aim dea

YES REZ!   It really lifts them and throws them to one side. Puts a big hole right through the skull.   The strangest encounter I ever had with a rat and my HW80 was about 15 years ago but I'll ne

Really I just think .22 is better for rabbits and .177 is best for feather. Calibre is a tool to be used but, if you shoot .177 with all confidence then that's what is working for you. For others it's

Posted Images

Here we go...........

Both mate. It doesn't matter. Honestly. Hit the spot and its dead.

Learn your aim points with a .22

Mount your glass as low as possible for a .177 and just aim dead on, from 18 to 45 yards.

• Like 5

I know what I think is better , but it is pointless to inform you of my findings , they will be hit with a counter argument .So you will have to find out for yourself .If you do an honest study I feel you will come to the same conclusions as myself , or not . good luck

• Like 1

If you washed and weighed the .22 but not the .177. Would the .22 be better? Or viise versa.

And if you used carplan (or a similar or equally branded product) wash and wax would that improve the outcome

Depends what your looking for, if you want easy to fire, accurate and consistent pellet placement which will forgive misjudgement of distance then go .177.

If your happy your judging distance is bang on, or your using LRF then go .177 :lol:

hit it in the brain with any calibre and its going down, just easier with the .177..............unless somebody farts in your pellets flight path, which will cause the small .177 pellet to curve like one of Ronaldo's free kicks.

• Like 1