Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s definitely easier to walk the drier land mate the wet is hard work aint it only thing worse is wet hilly land lol 

i’d say the hare runs the wet better then the dog can on drier land you will kill a lot more then you will the slop it’s hard work for the mutt 

it just gets wet most land i run mate 

Hare don’t run it’s best on slop never will I’d say 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s definitely easier to walk the drier land mate the wet is hard work aint it only thing worse is wet hilly land lol 

So most of Wales then😁..what about hares that live in and around the sand dunes? Any experience of them mate? 

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

on the drier land a good dog make them look like rabbits mate your not getting 5-6-7 min runs on the drier land hares are  at there hardest to stop  on wet land after a few frosts then only very good dogs stop them 

• Haha 2
Just now, Daniel cain said:

So most of Wales then😁..what about hares that live in and around the sand dunes? Any experience of them mate? 

ye mate id say wet and hilly some lovely land scenery your way 

i run them close to the coast on hilly  sandy land there hard  to stop they go up hill like a rockets up there arse 😂 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

The hares can just skim across the top of the slop because there so light whilst the dog is sinking in a lot more, maybe the hares do not run there best in the heavy going it’s just that it puts the dog at more of a disadvantage than the hare which makes them harder to catch, I can’t believe you think hares are harder to catch on good going, maybe the hares do run better but the dog hasn’t got the big disadvantage of having to pull itself through the ground making it a lot easier running for the dog as long as there is enough give for them to turn properly 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The hares can just skim across the top of the slop because there so light whilst the dog is sinking in a lot more, maybe the hares do not run there best in the heavy going it’s just that it puts the dog at more of a disadvantage than the hare which makes them harder to catch, I can’t believe you think hares are harder to catch on good going, maybe the hares do run better but the dog hasn’t got the big disadvantage of having to pull itself through the ground making it a lot easier running for the dog as long as there is enough give for them to turn properly 

Hmmm, food for thought there, mate.

I'm sure Gooey will be along very shortly, to put us all in our place!!!  🙂

30 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Hold tight where’s the bit I said “ hares are harder to catch on good going “ ? Back to that skimming bullshit lol  any animal built for speed is at a disadvantage on juicy ground as for ya heavy dog bolax them dogs are bred to catch em you can wrap it up how you want wat about traction on mud 

Edited by green lurchers
10 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Hold tight where’s the bit I said “ hares are harder to catch on good going “ ? Back to that skimming bullshit lol  any animal built for speed is at a disadvantage on juicy ground as for ya heavy dog bolax them dogs are bred to catch em you can wrap it up how you want wat about traction on mud 

You’ve always been saying to mc that hares are the best and take more catching on the firm, your just back peddling now because you know I’m right and have overwhelmed you with superior knowledge and commen sense backed up with science 

• Haha 2