Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

6 hours ago, mackem said:

North-east (England) whippet North-east (Scotland) rabbits.

4CE50BB5-5780-4195-8E13-B007A9CD483E.jpeg

Good pic n nice type of dog mate

I just about remember those lamps just about, dont think they shone far at all did they lol so dog dig well there..

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, dodger said:

Good pic n nice type of dog mate

I just about remember those lamps just about, dont think they shone far at all did they lol so dog dig well there..

up down them hills loaded up fit as a butchers dog the man lol

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You’ve always been saying to mc that hares are the best and take more catching on the firm, your just back peddling now because you know I’m right and have overwhelmed you with superior knowledge and commen sense backed up with science 

But you missed out facts  hares run ther best on better ground now go back to slipping off ya boot  evens it up for your heavy dog oh man of knowledge  here’s a fact that you might struggle with as you are blessed with skimming lol 1m horse race on firm 11 sec faster than on heavy add on that a hare stops faster than it takes off oh fk ya you know it’s more difficult on mud ? Or does it skim to a stop then the traction needed to wrench ?  Oh fk ya you know everything x 

Edited by green lurchers
22 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

But you missed out facts  hares run ther best on better ground now go back to slipping off ya boot  evens it up for your heavy dog oh man of knowledge  here’s a fact that you might struggle with as you are blessed with skimming lol 1m horse race on firm 11 sec faster than on heavy add on that a hare stops faster than it takes off oh fk ya you know it’s more difficult on mud ? Or does it skim to a stop then the traction needed to wrench ?  Oh fk ya you know everything x 

a horse is heavy of course it finds it harder to run in the wet because it is lol 

a whippet will get to them good going will be left not a bend in the slop there’s been plenty of quality hare dogs coursing bred look a million dollars in the good once the wet come there a differnet dog 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the mcphee fella was loaded up with rabbits up and down then scottish hills he was as fit as a butchers dog 

Aah rabbits!!  👍

But, I still have G L correct, as regards hares.  🙂

Edited by shaaark
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Aah rabbits!!  👍

But, I still have G L correct, as regards hares.  🙂

he talks plenty of sense but he is wrong mate 

follow we’re the dog and hare have run look at the prints in the wet the hare just makes a tiny imprint the dog leaves holes we’re it’s sinking the dog is at a massive disadvantage it’s like you running on concrete and then sand you’d struggle more on sand 

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he talks plenty of sense but he is wrong mate 

follow we’re the dog and hare have run look at the prints in the wet the hare just makes a tiny imprint the dog leaves holes we’re it’s sinking the dog is at a massive disadvantage it’s like you running on concrete and then sand you’d struggle more on sand 

Au contraire, Gooey, I struggle on FAAACK ALL, I'm a MACHINE!!!  🤨

35 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a horse is heavy of course it finds it harder to run in the wet because it is lol 

a whippet will get to them good going will be left not a bend in the slop there’s been plenty of quality hare dogs coursing bred look a million dollars in the good once the wet come there a differnet dog 

Crack on with ya mystic slop running I can’t break it down can I ? Lol my last try  cos you n fen boy can’t grasp the nettle ffs you couldn’t run faster in slop than on better ground even if you carried a bargain bucket and Big Mac meal you would run faster on. Better ground     Slop n mud will slow the hare down fact slop n mud will take the stamina out the hare fact the hare will show up better on good ground but you kill machines want everything in ya favour so you invented “ hare skims over mud and dogs heavier” to make it sound like an even contest you got a stamina laden purpose bred dog running after a an animal that is slowed by slop can’t show it’s true run on slop and has its stamina zapped by slop then it’s heart explodes well done clap 👏 clap must be eventful lol 

Edited by green lurchers
18 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Crack on with ya mystic slop running I can’t break it down can I ? Lol my last try  cos you n fen boy can’t grasp the nettle ffs you couldn’t run faster in slop than on better ground even if you carried a bargain bucket and Big Mac meal you would run faster on. Better ground     Slop n mud will slow the hare down fact slop n mud will take the stamina out the hare fact the hare will show up better on good ground but you kill machines want everything in ya favour so you invented “ hare skims over mud and dogs heavier” to make it sound like an even contest you got a stamina laden purpose bred dog running after a an animal that is slowed by slop can’t show it’s true run on slop and has its stamina zapped by slop then it’s heart explodes well done clap 👏 clap must be eventful lol 

i thought you’d run plenty gl did you take out in ? 

tell me why my dog will kill them in good going like there rabbits ? 

but when the wet comes they take much much more stopping ?