Line Or Family

i paid a hell of a lot of money for my first bitch pup , i was lucky she proved to be a very good worker and a fair old brood :)

Did you get said bitch from Wheeler mate and how much DID you pay .He was quite sketchy on breeding the one time I visited and I've since gleaned what I needed from others though been lead a bit predictably .One gap needed is Razors sire .Wheeler pointed at a dog that was barely older than him .pm if preferred .

no Wheeler blood in my terriers Foxdropper, my first bitch sire was from Poker put to a daughter of Smithy and Rags , her dam was bred from nuttalls penny punch via Blitz2 , she cost me £45 at 6 weeks old a week and half wages then lol

My mistake mate ,just thought your avatar was a bit bully but then again that long ago everything was .ATB F d .

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy. I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terrie

heres my line of dogs.

to me a line of terriers is a term used loosely for say nuttall or gould its a broad church all sorts breed them and for many different reasons some may have very little blood of any kennel , within

Got to love the internet ,lol.

My only regret was using a Nuttal dog from the South Devon hunt kennels that carried the gene for inherent blindness . Luckily he wasnt used blanket and i was able to stop breeding to those affected ,the last bitch of which is in my yard now ,the old bitch Blade .

which dogs of n s do yours go back to? Didn't he have some trouble with blindness in a certain line?
Bit contraversial mate so wont put names up suffice to say ive heard nothing about any blindness in his stuff .

he wrote about it in the book about him,cant remember the dogs name...must be a pure sickner when a good one goes blind

Llewellens english setters were crossed with other breeds of dogs to inprove they hunting abilitys tinytiger perhaps you should read the book I think the goat have read a few about breeding mothers with sons and they walk with a limp where he lives

Unfortunately terrier work it seems has become a fashion again ...correct me if im wrong, but with so much propaganda and slander within the terrier work its like we are signing it away by holographic ego and not where it counts, mixing and mingling in PERSON with people!

yes we all learnt somewhere... but we only got to learn from meeting the coorect folk by being correct!

My advice would be dont think the hunting lifes the place to learn or ask stuff...

so what your saying some one like me who has worked lurchers for over 20 years and because of circumstance can no longer keep them. But wants to continue to work dogs but has a limited knowledge of terriers shouldn't bother because I personally do not know anybody who currently works terriers and can only glean information from a limited number of friendly and willing members on here

i was wondering that because that the way it comes a cross

Llewellens english setters were crossed with other breeds of dogs to inprove they hunting abilitys tinytiger perhaps you should read the book I think the goat have read a few about breeding mothers with sons and they walk with a limp where he lives

fox bolter you seem inbred. Whatever you write seems absolute bullshit. Your a f***ing clown and you couldn't bolt a rat. Eished!

Ps if you notice it's only the mongolisms who think worker to worker worKs. You seem the type to cross a border with a Russel if they're both the best of the best. You also seem Irish, backward! No offence to some Irish ??

im waiting for a reply to rebels question,be good to see your opinions on that

I watched my father breed gamefowl using the the same technique of two from one line . One He bred to the male side also breeding a separate female line on the other from one cock and one hen. I won't to go into it for other lesser men to pick holes in, men that believe line breeding doesn't work , that's their chioice I suppose im not here to convince anyone lol , but my father swears by it and had a lot of success in creating a line of fowl that where unique to him . That's all I have to say on the subject .
  • Like 3

Line/family breeding is proven, look at the lads that have the best kennels of terriers and ones that continually produce good dogs and a high percentage of good workers and they'll say the same.

Thinking that breeding to unrelated blood will bring better results is sheer ignorance IMO.

• Like 5

Unfortunately terrier work it seems has become a fashion again ...correct me if im wrong, but with so much propaganda and slander within the terrier work its like we are signing it away by holographic ego and not where it counts, mixing and mingling in PERSON with people!

yes we all learnt somewhere... but we only got to learn from meeting the coorect folk by being correct!

My advice would be dont think the hunting lifes the place to learn or ask stuff...

so what your saying some one like me who has worked lurchers for over 20 years and because of circumstance can no longer keep them. But wants to continue to work dogs but has a limited knowledge of terriers shouldn't bother because I personally do not know anybody who currently works terriers and can only glean information from a limited number of friendly and willing members on here

i was wondering that because that the way it comes a cross

your very quick to jump the gun lee i never mentioned you or anyone...but i suggest if your interested in terrier work join your local fell and moorland working terrier club go to a few meetings get chatting to a few men who you can speak to in the flesh so tp speak.... show them your just keen and willing too learn...honest and trust worthy and you might find a few doors may open for you they may not....you only get back what you put in...If it was me personally starting up now at this time and was serious about terrier work, i would be reading up on all legislation and laws and go down my local fell and moorland route and try and find decent lads to show you the right way, .....there was no malice intended fella.

• Like 1

Rabit hunter knowbody said better results I just said worker to worker can be sucessfull and dont see the point in geting health issues by breeding mother and son its good to keep lines close but no need to go to close like they had to years ago theres more good lines of terrier about today than years ago its proven when you inbreed very closely like I said you get problems but whats good is normaly very good but when you go out you dont have problems but still have very good pups

Got to love the internet ,lol.

My only regret was using a Nuttal dog from the South Devon hunt kennels that carried the gene for inherent blindness . Luckily he wasnt used blanket and i was able to stop breeding to those affected ,the last bitch of which is in my yard now ,the old bitch Blade .

which dogs of n s do yours go back to? Didn't he have some trouble with blindness in a certain line?
Bit contraversial mate so wont put names up suffice to say ive heard nothing about any blindness in his stuff .

he wrote about it in the book about him,cant remember the dogs name...must be a pure sickner when a good one goes blind

so he did, I saw it myself, so how many generations are your dogs now from original dogs out of his yard f d?

sorry meant the other fellow lavarack

Ps if you notice it's only the mongolisms who think worker to worker worKs. You seem the type to cross a border with a Russel if they're both the best of the best. You also seem Irish, backward! No offence to some Irish [/quote

Hi Irish people are quite educated and were not prone to shagging sheep goat lol

• Like 1