Line Or Family

Line/family breeding is proven, look at the lads that have the best kennels of terriers and ones that continually produce good dogs and a high percentage of good workers and they'll say the same.

Thinking that breeding to unrelated blood will bring better results is sheer ignorance IMO.

very true

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy. I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terrie

heres my line of dogs.

to me a line of terriers is a term used loosely for say nuttall or gould its a broad church all sorts breed them and for many different reasons some may have very little blood of any kennel , within

Worker to worker makes worker why make it difficult and I would advies anyone to go down that road if the percentage of workers are up on dog and bitch why not breed or are u trying to say that not everyone can breed a terrier you got to have special abilitys makes me laugh

If only that were true

Llewellens english setters were crossed with other breeds of dogs to inprove they hunting abilitys tinytiger perhaps you should read the book I think the goat have read a few about breeding mothers with sons and they walk with a limp where he lives

sorry meant the other fellow lavarack
  • Like 1

Ps if you notice it's only the mongolisms who think worker to worker worKs. You seem the type to cross a border with a Russel if they're both the best of the best. You also seem Irish, backward! No offence to some Irish [/quote

Hi Irish people are quite educated and were not prone to shagging sheep goat lol

• Like 1

Ps if you notice it's only the mongolisms who think worker to worker worKs. You seem the type to cross a border with a Russel if they're both the best of the best. You also seem Irish, backward! No offence to some Irish [/quote

Hi Irish people are quite educated and were not prone to shagging sheep goat lol

How do you think most terrier breeds started cause they not pure breeds even though I wouldn't breed a different type of terrier personaly it would be hard to breed a patterdale with no relation cause they nearly all related somewhere from years ago

• Like 1

Your rambling again foxbolter, anyone "can" produce a working terrier by breeding unrelated stock, but to try and do it on a regular basis is a different thing. A lot of the blacks might just be related in the distant past but the genes we're after would be so diluted with other shit that you or I had no control over would render it useless. Just as in the unrelated stock you'd be breeding by chance, a lottery so to speak and for me lifes just to short.

• Like 6

Foxbolter what your calling mongolisms , wont can't really happen in working terriers well i hope not the one factor which stops it they are bred for work not walking around the show ring , work sorts out both the physical and mental fitness of a terrier ,any weakness soon shows up and the dog will fail , its work that makes or breaks them in the end

• Like 6

he wrote about it in the book about him,cant remember the dogs name...must be a pure sickner when a good one goes blind

so he did, I saw it myself, so how many generations are your dogs now from original dogs out of his yard f d?

Will read the bible again as missed that first time flicking through the pictures lol.The stock i got hold of was what Stevens left behind at the Beaufort when he moved to the Portman .It was entrusted to a lad that was a bit free with matings it transpired .I blagged 3 bitches in lew of 3 back which hes yet to take .This would of been 15-16 years back .Im 4 gens using one of mine over broken coated black bitches .What one or 2 do have is reverse sneezing which means whenever they get excited ,they sneeze back the wrong way .Sounds like they been smoking 30 a day .Fitness seems to calm it but no cure as far as im aware .

• Like 1

Foxbolter what your calling mongolisms , wont can't really happen in working terriers well i hope not the one factor which stops it they are bred for work not walking around the show ring , work sorts out both the physical and mental fitness of a terrier ,any weakness soon shows up and the dog will fail , its work that makes or breaks them in the end

Exactly mate ,if its not fit for purpose it has no purpose .
  • Like 2

he wrote about it in the book about him,cant remember the dogs name...must be a pure sickner when a good one goes blind

so he did, I saw it myself, so how many generations are your dogs now from original dogs out of his yard f d?

Will read the bible again as missed that first time flicking through the pictures lol.The stock i got hold of was what Stevens left behind at the Beaufort when he moved to the Portman .It was entrusted to a lad that was a bit free with matings it transpired .I blagged 3 bitches in lew of 3 back which hes yet to take .This would of been 15-16 years back .Im 4 gens using one of mine over broken coated black bitches .What one or 2 do have is reverse sneezing which means whenever they get excited ,they sneeze back the wrong way .Sounds like they been smoking 30 a day .Fitness seems to calm it but no cure as far as im aware .

Left behind?