Line Or Family

Do they breed spaniels sheepdogs ect racehorses mother and son no why not cause you end up with mongols same as if it happens with humans if you breed from bitch that has nearly all good workers in litter. and see I mean see a good dog working and he got a couple of good brothers whats wrong then with that breeding thats not hard to hunderstand is it goaty boy and when you go to use a dog you can try to put into the pup what the bitch is lacking in a bit for your needs

you are lacking a brain, and probably a decent dog. And your doing my f***ing head in with your mongolism you must bred too close.
???
  • Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy. I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terrie

heres my line of dogs.

to me a line of terriers is a term used loosely for say nuttall or gould its a broad church all sorts breed them and for many different reasons some may have very little blood of any kennel , within

Worker to worker makes worker why make it difficult and I would advies anyone to go down that road if the percentage of workers are up on dog and bitch why not breed or are u trying to say that not everyone can breed a terrier you got to have special abilitys makes me laugh

Excellent thread and some great information, thanks very much for sharing and in particular to Glynn and Foxdropper for sharing their experience and knowledge, it is very much appreciated.

I know it's a bit simplistic, but ideally should you have two separate but closely related branches of the line so that they can be blended in as needed and required and reduce the need for an outcross? Both branches would have the same sires with only the bitches differing, giving you the half brother and half sister option?

Thanks again.

• Like 5

Unfortunately terrier work it seems has become a fashion again ...correct me if im wrong, but with so much propaganda and slander within the terrier work its like we are signing it away by holographic ego and not where it counts, mixing and mingling in PERSON with people!

yes we all learnt somewhere... but we only got to learn from meeting the coorect folk by being correct!

My advice would be dont think the hunting lifes the place to learn or ask stuff...

so what your saying some one like me who has worked lurchers for over 20 years and because of circumstance can no longer keep them. But wants to continue to work dogs but has a limited knowledge of terriers shouldn't bother because I personally do not know anybody who currently works terriers and can only glean information from a limited number of friendly and willing members on here

i agree lee totaly internets a good place to learn stuff unless you got people who been at it 30-50 years at the bottom of your street lol also dont see the problem with terrier work being fasionable and more people getting involved as its said with the dogs u always need young stock coming threw with out it and it stops ,,,, look at all the R.I.P threads of late with big names behind them leaving behind massive voids

• Like 2
Got to love the internet ,lol.

My only regret was using a Nuttal dog from the South Devon hunt kennels that carried the gene for inherent blindness . Luckily he wasnt used blanket and i was able to stop breeding to those affected ,the last bitch of which is in my yard now ,the old bitch Blade .

how long did it take to realise this stud was causing a problem

Only used him once over a bitch that produced 4 pups .3 bitches 1 dog .The dog went missing on excersise believe picked up by some scroat .Although the bitches were reasonable ,only one was bred off luckily and she had just two pups a dog and bitch .Dog was cleft and culled ,bitch is my old bitch Blade i still have .All dogs to that stud proggressively go blind in both eyes though has to be said ,Blade has only the one dodgey eye aged 9.Never bred her as the eye was evident from a year old .Other bitches now dead .The owner of the dog from Devon had his suspicion but forgot to mention it .

Do they breed spaniels sheepdogs ect racehorses mother and son no why not cause you end up with mongols same as if it happens with humans if you breed from bitch that has nearly all good workers in litter. and see I mean see a good dog working and he got a couple of good brothers whats wrong then with that breeding thats not hard to hunderstand is it goaty boy and when you go to use a dog you can try to put into the pup what the bitch is lacking in a bit for your needs

you are lacking a brain, and probably a decent dog. And your doing my f***ing head in with your mongolism you must bred too close.

llewellen who started the english setter bred full brother to full sister for over 50 years..theres a racehorse statistician (david dink) who went trrough every foal born in the u.s studbook...2x2 to the same stallion outperformed its expected results(i.e high winnings;very low sales price as a foal)...some supposed nicks such as 3x3 northern dancer on the sirelines turned to be less than average unless it was via 2 specific horses(danzig and nijinsky)

• Like 2

i paid a hell of a lot of money for my first bitch pup , i was lucky she proved to be a very good worker and a fair old brood :)

Did you get said bitch from Wheeler mate and how much DID you pay .He was quite sketchy on breeding the one time I visited and I've since gleaned what I needed from others though been lead a bit predictably .One gap needed is Razors sire .Wheeler pointed at a dog that was barely older than him .pm if preferred .

My only regret was using a Nuttal dog from the South Devon hunt kennels that carried the gene for inherent blindness . Luckily he wasnt used blanket and i was able to stop breeding to those affected ,the last bitch of which is in my yard now ,the old bitch Blade .

which dogs of n s do yours go back to? Didn't he have some trouble with blindness in a certain line?

i paid a hell of a lot of money for my first bitch pup , i was lucky she proved to be a very good worker and a fair old brood :)

Did you get said bitch from Wheeler mate and how much DID you pay .He was quite sketchy on breeding the one time I visited and I've since gleaned what I needed from others though been lead a bit predictably .One gap needed is Razors sire .Wheeler pointed at a dog that was barely older than him .pm if preferred .

no Wheeler blood in my terriers Foxdropper, my first bitch sire was from Poker put to a daughter of Smithy and Rags , her dam was bred from nuttalls penny punch via Blitz2 , she cost me £45 at 6 weeks old a week and half wages then lol

• Like 1

which dogs of n s do yours go back to? Didn't he have some trouble with blindness in a certain line?

Bit contraversial mate so wont put names up suffice to say ive heard nothing about any blindness in his stuff .