Labrador Lurchers.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree in essence with what you are saying, but, a lot depends on your type of hunting. Many moons ago I bought a first cross collie/grey from Hancock much to the dismay and against the advice of t

this bitch was half lab. good allround fur and feather day and night in her day  

Here you go w uyang, pointer x saluki bull grey

Posted Images

My brother has a lab x lurcher, she was never a very bright prospect as a working dog, then at 12 months old developed a genetic thing called 'collapsing lab syndrome', which is pretty much just that, if she gets over excited she falls over and looses all co-ordination for about 5 minutes. lt dosent happen very often but it's unpleasant to watch and renders her useless as a working dog.

l'd personally avoid anything with a high lab content.

My brother has a lab x lurcher, she was never a very bright prospect as a working dog, then at 12 months old developed a genetic thing called 'collapsing lab syndrome', which is pretty much just that, if she gets over excited she falls over and looses all co-ordination for about 5 minutes. lt dosent happen very often but it's unpleasant to watch and renders her useless as a working dog.

l'd personally avoid anything with a high lab content.

Why?, because of this one dog?.

How can you dismiss Labradors in one swoop due to a condition in one dog?.

The world is full of perfectly healthy labs, I own two and in the course of a shooting season I myself easily see a hundred more.

Can't say I've ever seen one fall over.

If you dig deep enough a lot of breeds have problems of some kind, I'd say a well bred lab from working lines would be in the healthier group of dogs.

• Like 3

Max, she's not mine, I was offered her just this morning. The guy needs her out his kennel asap and I was actually thinking of the bitches welfare when I said I would ask on here.He's not known for hanging about.

Totally agree with what you're saying, I just thought on a site with god knows how many members there might be a good dog man looking for a young bitch like this. You can but try mate.

• Like 1

Well bred 16mth old greyhound bitch with all paperwork here, available to a good home.

Where is the country is she? Has she raced at all (I know nothing about greyhound racing so I don't know if it is usual for them to race at this age or what)?

Well bred 16mth old greyhound bitch with all paperwork here, available to a good home.

Where is the country is she? Has she raced at all (I know nothing about greyhound racing so I don't know if it is usual for them to race at this age or what)?

Central Scotland mate, I don't know if she has raced or not.

• 1 year later...

Anybody out there seen any pointer lurchers.

I saw one on either dvd " 'rabbitingman 1 or 2" think,,,,,his own dog was collie based called nell, but his mates I think was lurcher/ pointer....

I've got a bitch out of Nell to the litter brother of the pointer cross on the DVD.

My mate had the choice when he was younger to get a lab or a whippet, chose a lab and trained it like a lurcher..... has caught rabbits on the lamp, two hares aswell with witnesses present, never known a dog better at catching feather, good guard dog and god help any dog that growls at it, he's getting on now is the old lad, always wanted to put him to a greyhound bitch but my worry is being stuck with a litter of pups

• 2 weeks later...

saw a photo of two first cross in the shooting times a while back, they were on the heavy side but looked right enough for lamping and tops for daytime ratching, i was shocked at how nice a cross they were ,vary handsome . plus heard of one in early 90's , but never saw it , that was a top fox dog in salford . I've never seen one to be honest but it's a cross that i'd be interested in

Really great thread this, certainly helping to fill in some knowledge gaps when it comes to certain traits thanks to all the input of everyone on here.

If only those who are so ignorant about the beauty of working dogs could take the time to read and learn from those with experience and knowledge to share that can be found on here - truly a mine of information!

If anyone's thinking/planning a gun dog X litter then there's a good home waiting here.

Cheers everyone

Really great thread this, certainly helping to fill in some knowledge gaps when it comes to certain traits thanks to all the input of everyone on here.

If only those who are so ignorant about the beauty of working dogs could take the time to read and learn from those with experience and knowledge to share that can be found on here - truly a mine of information!

If anyone's thinking/planning a gun dog X litter then there's a good home waiting here.

Cheers everyone

Is there anyone planning such a litter?

Anybody out there seen any pointer lurchers.

I saw one on either dvd " 'rabbitingman 1 or 2" think,,,,,his own dog was collie based called nell, but his mates I think was lurcher/ pointer....

I've got a bitch out of Nell to the litter brother of the pointer cross on the DVD.

Is your bitch out of nells 1st litter or the 2nd litter

I've a dog out of the 1st litter that's got pointer in him

Cheers albert