Best Pic Of One Of Your Lurcher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

took today standing brothers pup with the fox

Me brother in law created this one   He likes his photography as much as I like me hunting

Posted Images

014_zpsixvvskgg.jpg

024_zpsjegzlpk9.jpg

Has that got a bit of wirehaired pointer in it coverdogs? Looks a bit like it with the markings could be wrong though.

Yes Blackdog92 he is gwp x saluki bull grey.

Curious as to how you would rate him on fox etc.

He just finished his first season and done very well single handed, i never rate a dog fully on his first year but on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give him a 7 on gameness, and on hunting up, marking , and drive an 8 which is pretty good for a first season as i would say i only had 2 lurchers that i would rate as 10 after 3 or 4 seasons.

• Like 2

014_zpsixvvskgg.jpg024_zpsjegzlpk9.jpg

Has that got a bit of wirehaired pointer in it coverdogs? Looks a bit like it with the markings could be wrong though.

He just finished his first season and done very well single handed, i never rate a dog fully on his first year but on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give him a 7 on gameness, and on hunting up, marking , and drive an 8 which is pretty good for a first season as i would say i only had 2 lurchers that i would rate as 10 after 3 or 4 seasons.

What cross were you running prior to this dog mate ?

What cross were you running prior to this dog mat

My last dog was a collie grey x saluki grey prior to that it would have been mostly bull crosses or bull wheaten, i got the idea of the pointer cross lurcher after seeing 2 gwp x harriers work they were outstanding dogs.

• Like 2

My last dog was a collie grey x saluki grey prior to that it would have been mostly bull crosses or bull wheaten, i got the idea of the pointer cross lurcher after seeing 2 gwp x harriers work they were outstanding dogs.

has it paid off?

And do you rate him better than your bulls or wheatons then mate?.......just asking cause that's some pretty high scores you gave him and having never seen a cross of this type I am intrigued.

And do you rate him better than your bulls or wheatons then mate?.......just asking cause that's some pretty high scores you gave him and having never seen a cross of this type I am intrigued.

It's hard to compare him to a bull or wheaten as he works completely different to the terrier crosses, he has a better nose and is more intelligent and would pick things up a lot quicker a better allrounder i would say, as for gameness is there anything that can compare to a good bull or wheaten. i would say he is the most biddable and loyal dog i have ever owned he just seams to want to please all the time. but as i say it's his first season past and we are both learning something about each other every day. A.T.B. Coverdogs