Cleaning Up Dogs Wounds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put this on here before but it might be of help to some   Where to start? Start at the basics i suppose, prevention is better than cure. You have no control on what’s going on between your terrier

its Not illegal in the uk to treat your own dogs . but if you ever get that knock and you have not taken any animal with a mark on them to the vets they will prosecute you even when the animal dos not

Shaneg,   A lot of research has been done in the US on skin wounds (lesions) of humans with Diabetes. Google it (Diabetic lesions images) if you have a strong stomach. Some of the wounds are really

warm salty water is adequate for most. hibiscrub is a good bit of stuff to have about also. keep the punctures open, flush them out, again salty water is fine, soak a q tip (ear'ole digger) in it, and twist into puncture....the little eye wash pods are great to have in your kit for squirting into punctures/flushing out wounds...

Yokel

• Like 6

Right lads what does everyone use to clean up there dogs after a dig. I've seen lads use a lot of different things just want to see what other people find the best.

hibiscrub just like stated clean on the earth before it's back in the box also got sum iodine but rarely got to use it
  • Like 1

Hibiscrub mixed with warm water wash all over as it does kill any of the skin and promotes good healing If the wounds are bad some metacam and a shot of senylox antibioticin then to warm dry box heat lamp if it's cold for a few nights or as

long as needed and always good mince and nuggets the better you look after them the better they will work for you well that's what I think

• Like 3

Hydrogen peroxide 6% is good stuff and cheap.

Hydrogen peroxide 6% is good stuff and cheap.

Great stuff . Froths out all the dirt making it heal faster. iv used 3% on myself ''In each Ear'' when iv first started to feel un well & been better the next day. ''Recomended by a Doctor'' !

Edited by BOLSTER
  • Like 1

its Not illegal in the uk to treat your own dogs . but if you ever get that knock and you have not taken any animal with a mark on them to the vets they will prosecute you even when the animal dos not warrant it ( causing pain and suffering or failing to provide adequate veterinary assistant ) they will bend and flout the law to there advantage so watch what you post and have a great season lads

• Like 10

Video of some African mans foot infected with Diggers/Jiggers worm types maggot things? they use the Hydrogen Proxide on it at 3.29 & you can see it bubble up & kill all Germs /Living things . makes it clean as a Whistle afterwards

Edited by BOLSTER